Yellow | Same old story

yellow135

TB Lurker
Credits
Yellow is in this business to make money for its stock holders. Thats the bottom line. There out to cut expenses and cut the fat. That is what a commpany does. Yellow is in business to serve the customers. There not in business to hurt the teamers (like the old man say). If you don't like working for a company with shareholders, go work for yourself. Thanks for all you Teamers who don't forget the customers are our boss. Not the Union man sitting over at the union hall.

your right there in business to make money and it happen to be hauling freight if they can make money any other way they will do that to. this is not the first time yellow has do this and if they stay in business and that a big IF it will NOT be the last time i know how hard it is i put up with this for 30years at cf then roadway then holland.and the sad thing about it now there no where to go this time. abf can't take you all in. the way it looks to me they need to make change at the top with $$$bill$$$ i hope the stockholders don't wait till it's to late like our did at cf

:1036316054:
your right there in business to make money and it happen to be hauling freight if they can make money any other way they will do that to. this is not the first time yellow has do this and if they stay in business and that a big IF it will NOT be the last time i know how hard it is i put up with this for 30years at cf then roadway then holland.and the sad thing about it now there no where to go this time. abf can't take you all in. the way it looks to me they need to make change at the top with $$$bill$$$ i hope the stockholders don't wait till it's to late like our did at cf

:1036316054:Hold that thought!!!!!!
Now take a look at all the changes made since Mr. G the the invester walked onto the scene and have another look at the structure of comand now. Do you think this would have been Dollar'$ way of handling things or has he become a talking head below a higher authority!?!:1036316054:

If you think they are in the business to make money, then answer me this? We were handling an account that shipped plastic bottle caps from Ill. to NH. This moved twice a week at 8 to 10 skids a move. There was a pretty hefty discount as well, and no damages. The Yellow rep went in and undercut our discount by 7 percent. Now, they have the freight that we had, ( same company mind you) for 7 percent less.We were making the money with the move. The reason: The Roadway reps and the Yellow reps are paid differently. One gets paid on volume and the other on margin.Until they get the sales force working together, it will be the same old story!:smilie_132:

Sales has been merged. For all you know it could be getting corrected (DC) at final destination. PM me w/pro and I'll chk pricing and tariff's .....tks

If you think they are in the business to make money, then answer me this? We were handling an account that shipped plastic bottle caps from Ill. to NH. This moved twice a week at 8 to 10 skids a move. There was a pretty hefty discount as well, and no damages. The Yellow rep went in and undercut our discount by 7 percent. Now, they have the freight that we had, ( same company mind you) for 7 percent less.We were making the money with the move. The reason: The Roadway reps and the Yellow reps are paid differently. One gets paid on volume and the other on margin.Until they get the sales force working together, it will be the same old story!:smilie_132:

You are right.... Since the buyout, merger.... (whatever ya wanna call it...) My sales rep been dazed and confused..... If P&D came in with sales lead, and everybody knew Yellow had it, she wouldn't touch it.... But, Yet, Yellow Sales would go in and step on her/our toes..... I didn't get why either..... Go after somebody else, why ya cuttin of yer nose to spit yer face... Take frieght from ConWay, etc.... Why ya taking it from Roadway, you Yellow sales rep guy?????

Sales been joined together since the announcement.... Sales rep lady here has new attitude.... Forget yer price quote, and lookin it up..... ( I can do that too) it's definately all for one and one for all now...... so it seems here......Where are you?

Sales has been merged. For all you know it could be getting corrected (DC) at final destination. PM me w/pro and I'll chk pricing and tariff's .....tks

Sales has been merged, yes, and been told all about this.... No MORE competing against each other.....

Corrected at final Dest???? What Emerald City of OZ do u live in? It ain't over til the fat lady sings..... Yellow got THIS revenue to report right now, and Roadway gfot THIS revenue to report right now.... What correction? P&D Drivers, billing clerks confused right now...... Still "together" but "spearate"...right now.....

relax ..... PM the pro and dims - you can eyeball it if you like 48x40x?. I'll do the math. It sounds as like its over 1000cft if at 5k, 8-10skds (NMFC Item 156600) Or you could just go on being bewildered with OZ and b*tch about it.

we really do have the same goal - make money for the company as a whole and thus ourselves - not just to the benefit of one or two eFFffing sales guys.

we really do have the same goal - make money for the company as a whole and thus ourselves - not just to the benefit of one or two eFFffing sales guys.

How are you making money for the company, when you undercut our price by 7 percent! We are the same company, thus, now the company is losing 7 percent!:smilie_132:

relax ..... PM the pro and dims - you can eyeball it if you like 48x40x?. I'll do the math. It sounds as like its over 1000cft if at 5k, 8-10skds (NMFC Item 156600) Or you could just go on being bewildered with OZ and b*tch about it.

I'm getting the CLUE you work for Yellow, here.... Everybody's freight is not a perfect square and up to yer DIMS..... That's why I got custmers knockin on my door cuz their "package is 1 lb is too heavy, or 1 " too big for UPS/FedEX. Are we in the freight business or are we looking for perfect boxes.... Sure would make a dock man's job easy, now wouldn't it.... Roadway does DIMS when neccessary, it is the exception, not the rule.... but dims not the ALL ALMIGHTY.... Dock men can put freight in a trailer like they can put together a 1000 piece puzzle...... Yellow OR Roadway..... Once you said, "give me the DIMS".... this told me I think you work for Yellow.....

People call for rate/freight quotes all the TIME !! They don't have a pro, YET ! But they get a quote......based on the numbers they provide ....

Why Pm the pro, and DIMS.... You can give me an example. Make up the numbers.... As a caller would actually do.... Or can you? freight prices are determined by:

customer discounts
weight, pieces
zip to zip
NMFC item number

and if you are Yellow..the DIMS.......

Roadway only uses DIMS in cases like this: commodity: Sunglasses, straw hats... in perfect little square boxes. Weight not there, but takes up alot of space...alot of "air"... So, we'll go with Dims... and vice versa,( heavy, but not take up alot of space....) and Sales Rep does a good job of this to even this out, since it's not really their fault, their stuff is not very heavy, or too heavy, or perfect square or not.....

who's btchn'? Who's living in OZ? Me or you? For now, the financial statements are STILL separate..... and if they are not...please enlighten me..... And people in Oz live in fantsasy land.... People who been there, live in the real world........

You are talking..so, now start walking.... Explain what you say, before you bust out and say I'm btchn'

It's NOT a contest anymore, okay? Why ya bragging about Roadway price Vs Yellow price????? Can you give me a ConWay Quote price vs YRC ?

relax....again, provide the dims and a pro and I'll research its pricing program -
and I've worked in operations and rating support for both company's: Yellow / Roadway. If applicable, we would be able to change its final cost - that's what important.

done w/bluemule; from the other thread and it also applies here:
I shared the info that you found "interesting" that's all I have. You then asked who I was, I asked you to PM me - pretty logical & linear request. On second thought you seem to be a real pain in the a** so yeah, don't bother. :smilie_132: