same old story

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by daytonbgr027, Jul 25, 2010.

1. daytonbgr027

daytonbgr027 New Member

:rant:, :threadsux: the same old stuff, we still work at least four part timers every day, three on days then make one work nights whether he has had any rest or not,that can not be to safe.It is so disappointing because Dayton Freight is a better job they this,but we are misleading these drivers and there families,these drivers have to walk a fine line every day they work plus they have to be available each day all day long or night,Dayton Fright is taking advantage of these guys,to put it lightly our guys are feed up now, we now are being told corp.is looking at possible forcing a driver down on us ,even thou we still have a guy laid off from the city. we have more part time drivers then Indy or all of the big terminals, we have talk to our management,and our rvp. with no help now we are going to send a letter to corp.our part timers work full time hours and should be giving a full time job.we can not get buy with out them.there is more then a enough work for at least two of them in the city,and one on nights.we are feed up has a group,all of us are on the same page on this,we are feed up.

2. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

hey, keep all of us posted we are watching this one very close this is not acceptable and would not be accepted at any other terminal.as far as a transfer I would worry about that because of the Louisville drivers that has wanted to transfer to bgr over the past and still would if they could and will call a layer if someone else does.

3. DAFL100%

DAFL100% New Member

Whine, Whine, Whine!!! Some people need to wake up and be thankful for the jobs they do have!

4. CROCKETT

CROCKETT Member

[quote author=DAFL100% link=topic=82371.msg854185#msg854185 date=1280780534]
    Whine, Whine, Whine!!! Some people need to wake up and be thankful for the jobs they do have!

Yep, he probably is a partimer, get a life or move on!!! :chairshot: :cry:

5. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

I see that this has over 250 reads and no respones, I'll jump in here. First, my advise is to follow all steps moving up the chain of command. Be polite, and most important be factual,leave all emotion out of this situation,and most of all be factual, make sure the you have the proper facts from all those involved, and their consent. As you do move up the ladder with your concern's be factual, and have a reasonable solution to this concern at the time you meet or talk to management. My upmost advise which I cant stress enough is be factual. Also as this runs it's course and is conluded,be willing to accept the end result whatever it is and move on. The HR department and the Safety department should be of help to you as you will need thier input to be factual.

As far as the driver that has been laid off for year and a half,I don't know who this driver is and don't post the name please. But I think you really need to step back a bit and ponder why is this driver still laid off. A year and a half?? there must be some underlying reason for this, is he not a team player? Does your T.M. know him from previous company's?Do his numbers post poorly? Does he damage alot of freight? Is he hard on equipment?Has he turned down part-time work? There has to be a reason here.

Good luck and keep us posted.