Yellow | San Antonio Updates

Dear KK. We are wondering over here just what is a Titan message??
Think of it as a dedicated fax machine between the locals and the international, state of the art communication system when it first came out. :smilie_132:

Dear KK. We are wondering over here just what is a Titan message??

TITAN stands for Teamsters Information Terminal Accounting Network. It's what the IBT uses to communicate with all the locals. Kinda like a intranet just for the Teamsters.
-DockSteward

Maybe this is too early in the game to ask ,but, I was just pondering this. When YFS initiates the phone bidding for utility positions and lets say that a terminal one would like to transfer to has a net increase of 6 utilitiy positions offered.Prior to bidding of the UE do the employees of said gaining terminal have bidding rights to those positions before they would be offered to someone from outside bidding in. If all of the positions perhaps were filled from within would there be opportunities for those outside to bid on the vacated local cartage or vacated road bids or would hiring be done off the street?

Maybe this is too early in the game to ask ,but, I was just pondering this. When YFS initiates the phone bidding for utility positions and lets say that a terminal one would like to transfer to has a net increase of 6 utilitiy positions offered.Prior to bidding of the UE do the employees of said gaining terminal have bidding rights to those positions before they would be offered to someone from outside bidding in. If all of the positions perhaps were filled from within would there be opportunities for those outside to bid on the vacated local cartage or vacated road bids or would hiring be done off the street?

I don't believe that will be relavent. My understanding is you are only eligible for bids if your board is losing.

Ex1) plus 1 UE. Term losing 1 road and 1 local. road get to take first, local gets second choice, if no road driver chooses.

Ex2) plus 1 UE. Term losing 1 local. Any local can choose.

Ex3) plus 1 UE. Term not losing road or local. Only open to outside bidding since no positions are being lost.

Thank you for the reply Vwaggs. There is relevance as my board is losing bigtime.
That being said ,I'm sure you know where I work!

Thank you for the reply Vwaggs. There is relevance as my board is losing bigtime.
That being said ,I'm sure you know where I work!

Ooopppsssiiiii

You misunderstood. I meant relavent to the COO, not your life. The COO, to my knowledge will not create conditions where gaining terminals, will allow road or local drivers at that terminal to bid on a new position unless they are losing position(s), in the COO.

I would never intentionaly depriciate a brother losing his job unless IMO, he volunteered to do it.

Thank You KK!!! LCP is losing a 83 dock positions . Any word on the cdl requirement for Harrisburg local cartage? Did local 771 challenge it? Thanks again. Mr. KK!!!

Its my understanding from talking to Carlos that Local 776 took the position that the people coming to Harrisburg dock don't have to be cdl qualified but that he wont know if the committee ruled that way until he gets the decision.

I don't believe that will be relavent. My understanding is you are only eligible for bids if your board is losing.

Ex1) plus 1 UE. Term losing 1 road and 1 local. road get to take first, local gets second choice, if no road driver chooses.

Ex2) plus 1 UE. Term losing 1 local. Any local can choose.

Ex3) plus 1 UE. Term not losing road or local. Only open to outside bidding since no positions are being lost.

In regards to example 1---what if local has more seniority than driver?

In regards to example 1---what if local has more seniority than driver?

As the change was written, road would get first choice. Wait for the TITAN message w/final stips to come out that may change to highest seniority. Should be out tomorrow. Will probably be on local 728 website by tomorrow night.

promotion

Who on earth wants to see a naked horse. :beerchug:
I give up. Another naked horse?:biglaugh:

Wolf, as an original charter member E/C/I , I hereby grant you honorary E/C/I membership!:1036316054:

(and I dont care what Larry Retired says):hide:

I give up. Another naked horse?:biglaugh:

Wolf, as an original charter member E/C/I , I hereby grant you honorary E/C/I membership!:1036316054:

(and I dont care what Larry Retired says):hide:

Well you are a charter member, you have that right. But he has been hard on my case lately. I will have to accept this under protest.

JEFF will need to increase the characters in our tag lines for me to list everything I've been told I am!!! :flamed: