Holland | SB Bids...

Snowflake

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it true that SB got 26 Camp Hill, PA (NPMF terminal?) 3 and 2's?

Any SB road drivers on here?

Also, did any other terminals road board get bids directly to a NPMF terminal, or just SB?

Is this even true, I didn't work the last couple of days, I heard it from a "truck driver"...​

Indy got eight daytime Camp Hill Pa bids. These are 3&2's with Monday-Tuesday alternating starts.

So it's true? Wow. Any other terminals, beside SB CN and IN getting North East bids?

What are they going to haul back? My guess is dispatcher brains. NPMF can't produce much freight for our new "footprint", in my opinion...​

So it's true? Wow. Any other terminals, beside SB CN and IN getting North East bids?

What are they going to haul back? My guess is dispatcher brains. NPMF can't produce much freight for our new "footprint", in my opinion...​
I think they will if we hold up our end and deliver that stuff faster than anyone else with no damage. But they have to let us have the men to do it. Last night they sent a guy from the dock very late to go pick up a load that the shipper just got ready. A month ago they would have told them forget it we will get it Monday and the shipper might have found someone else. I like the trend, hope they keep it up.

Also in Memphis dispatchers are no longer late coding city frt. They were locking up 120-150 bills a night. Maybe 3-4 real late loads not being worked. Our TM said the system is running smoother than it has in the last 5 years. For him to say that, you would have to know him.

Our TM said the system is running smoother than it has in the last 5 years.
We have also been getting our freight much earlier than normal. We usually get one late straggler coming in, but we have city guys waiting for their arrival, all pre-tripped and ready to roll. It's getting a bit easier to service the customers.

Kudos to the velocity centers, and the rest of the system. Every minute, up here in the boonies matters, if you want to make service to the customers.:1036316054:

Snowflake i no we are sending just out of buffalo 5 loads a day and its slow now.Your guys take it to indy and ohio to be broke . Im shure we can get you guys freight and when it picks up and it will it will be hard to beat are service.

Also, did any other terminals road board get bids directly to a NPMF terminal, or just SB?

Is this even true, I didn't work the last couple of days, I heard it from a "truck driver"...​

It is true,they are posted on the wall in the breakroom!
They want to dispatch a load every 4 hours, I wasnt aware we made that much freight for the east! They will be a 3&2 bid starting on monday long week and tuesday short week.

Indy has 8, and Cincinnati, OH. has 7 Camphill runs
was told Charlotte has 9 Balitmore runs and Southbend has 26 new bids with 18 of them being runs to Buffalo, N.Y. all these bids going to New Penn are to be daytime bids leaving between 4am and noon These are the numbers that I heard

It is true,they are posted on the wall in the breakroom!
They want to dispatch a load every 4 hours, I wasnt aware we made that much freight for the east! They will be a 3&2 bid starting on monday long week and tuesday short week.

Awesome, thanks everybody. I didn't see it for myself, so I figured I'd ask.

Hey Cruzer, I didn't work from Wednesday night on. I also heard MI picked up 4 more SB turns. I guess any freight that we made going Northeast is coming to you guys now?​

Anyone know anything about stuff coming to Holland. We know about bids from Holland to New Penn but these seem to be more than we have freight for right now. So it must be going to come in from someplace. My first thought was from the west(Reddaway). Maybe some shiny wheels from the west coast? I don't know, I am always terrible at figuring this stuff out.

To me it almost seems like they are going off of the number of loads we make going there now. I doubt New Penn will be able to make as many loads going west as we did out of our own terminals.​

Bids

Toledo got 4 day time turns to Buffalo. They start at 3am. They are on 4 hour windows. The 1st two start at 3 to 7 & 2nd two are at 4 to 8. Big runs 628 a night.

Daytime bids? Wow!

Benny I think what is going to happen is all the terminals that got bids into New Penn are velocity terminals. So the reason for the daytime runs is to get the freight moved out of these velocity terminals in a timely manner to service the customer. So all the terminals that run into these velocity terminals will bring all there east coast freight with them. This is just MY uneducated guess!!

this is good news to hear of bids going into new penn's area to keep the freight within our group instead of letting go by wayside.

What we desperately need to know here at Holland
Buffalo is where the buffalo bids are going to ? new penn
Buffalo or the Holland terminal ? please let us know ?

I would presume they would go to the terminal that would service the freight (new Penn). Why send it to BU so they could take it to new Penn, that would not make since. Of course that is just a guess on my part.