Reddaway | Scales in california?

Ice Rider

TB Veteran
Credits
Can anyone in Orange tell me why loads dont get scaled before sending them North? 1300 LBS over on a trailer axle the other day and when I opened it the load was perfect in the back so it wasnt that the load shifted. This has been the case many times and I am just curious, not trying to blame anyone. I have heard the company does not pay you guys to scale them at Fontana....is this true? Because they are sure saving money! scale house forced them to tow (with a tow truck) the trailer I am talking about because they are sick of our overweights to a terminal to reload it. I am sure glad I gave up 15% of my wages so they can waste money on this ::shit::.

I think the driver that pulled them from a facility that has a scale should receive a warning letter with a suspension, and then after 2 letters the same as any violation of company policy up to and including dismissal. There's no excuse for not rolling across a scale. None.

it takes 20 min. to swin by the scale @ los in the case of I 5 and the 15 in fon but do to the gotta gotta go attitude and dont give a hoot mentality this happens
but then again so many overweights the dock sup should know better than to be loading 25k + trailers o well in the end its the drivers responsability to weight regardless

it takes 20 min. to swin by the scale @ los in the case of I 5 and the 15 in fon but do to the gotta gotta go attitude and dont give a hoot mentality this happens
but then again so many overweights the dock sup should know better than to be loading 25k + trailers o well in the end its the drivers responsability to weight regardless
No, the shipper is responsible for overweights. If this has been an issue the driver can demand a scale ticket and if it comes 1 lb overweight he is paid all time waiting,if not he gets nothing, but he can get a scale ticket before he leaves, union or not,its the law.

If a driver rolls across a state scale and is over weight it is HIS or HER responsibility, if they have a "scale ticket" showing they are over weight..they never should have left the terminal, the only way the company is "legally" resonsible is if they have filled out an "owners responsibility card" and checked that they will take responsibility for over weights. With out the owner (company) doing this, it is the driver that is cited for the violation. The company can (if they choose) go to court and take responsibility as well however they are not compelled to by law.

like i said its so simple when i leave my terminal with a questionable 24,000 lb box its just comon courtesy to my meet driver and my own safety and to
cover my butt just stop by and acale if its over have em work it i get paid very simple >>>>....... it would be very easy for the company to turn around and say its my fault

I work out of Orange. We have a scale on the premesis, but it was water damaged and would cost 10,000 dollars to repair it. We CAN and SHOULD scale these loads at either Fontana, or Downey. I do. I cannot tell you the motivations of other drivers who do NOT scale. We DO get paid for scaling. It goes without saying also, that our dockworkers need to load these trailers properly in addition to the drivers scaling them.