ODFL | scaling at terminals

Most drivers that run I-65 in Indiana know of the scale houses & the 50mm Seymour, IN exit closed for many years. The main reason that both sides were closed for years is the Indiana Legislators would not fund the operation. But, I-65 in IN runs from Mobile, AL to Gary, IN & has tripled the traffic in the last 20 years. With the latest technology & the amount of the fines it pays for itself with a little left over. And any elected official that sees something that will fund it self will jump on that bandwagon in a heartbeat. Run legal or reach for the check book. Von.

Overweight trailers happen pretty frequently at our terminal. A driver tonight said he was 1,200 over on the drives ... of course he didn't pull it. A senior driver told me today that he usually pulls up to 500 over axle, because that's what most states allow as a 'buffer' at the scale house. Seems like a lot of drivers have that magical 500 mark that they're willing to pull. I always ask them why they choose that number.

I'm of the impression that truckload carriers are much more adherent to the legal limit than LTL outfits - would that be an accurate assumption?
My home state DOT said less than a thousand over is a documented warning. I won't knowingly run over on axle, but gross is registration, not safety. To each his own, but 83 when I could run 92 doesn't seem out of line. Take it a step further, neighboring state allows 22,5 per, but I stick to 20. And scale EVERYTHING before I head out. Had an 11 that was 21,3 on the drives, somebody missed a bill of about 7g in my estimate. Good w'end fellas.

Ump, I just now noticed that you are the love child of Big Dave & Billy Lo. Any comments? Also, if true, are you mentioned in the will for COOP Dispatch? If so, don't forget to carry on the family name of Coop Coop & Coop. Kind of like Coke or Pepsi. The show must go on. von.
No Coop for me!! I filed for emancipation when I was 6 and moved into the barn with the goats. The last straw was Dad (aka Big Dave) wanting me to someday fill his boots at Coop. I misunderstood and filled his boots with stuff from the chicken coup. As far as Billy Lo goes I'm not totally sure he's my dad. Tried to get him on the Jerry Springer show but it turns out you can't get his ego and Big Dave's hat in the same room. So I just figured it had to be him due to the fact I'm the only line driver he respects.

No Coop for me!! I filed for emancipation when I was 6 and moved into the barn with the goats. The last straw was Dad (aka Big Dave) wanting me to someday fill his boots at Coop. I misunderstood and filled his boots with stuff from the chicken coup. As far as Billy Lo goes I'm not totally sure he's my dad. Tried to get him on the Jerry Springer show but it turns out you can't get his ego and Big Dave's hat in the same room. So I just figured it had to be him due to the fact I'm the only line driver he respects.

I filed for emancipation when I was 6 and moved into the barn with the goats. That's funny. von.

:horseshit: You had "constipation" as a kid and I sent you out to the barn so you'd learn to poop like the animals. But I guess that was you that pooped in my boots and then you ran away...and took quite a few goats with you!!
I couldn't make the Springer show because there were a few bridges needing repaired.
It's not Billy's ego, but that damned tanning bed and mower that he always brings with him. No room for my Hat.

:horseshit: You had "constipation" as a kid and I sent you out to the barn so you'd learn to poop like the animals. But I guess that was you that pooped in my boots and then you ran away...and took quite a few goats with you!!
I couldn't make the Springer show because there were a few bridges needing repaired.
It's not Billy's ego, but that damned tanning bed and mower that he always brings with him. No room for my Hat.
You two need to hit the open mike @ the comedy club. Or ya can write scrip for Saturday night alive. von.

Reactions: Ump
I ain't being funny when I say you better rest up, von. Got lots of work for you and breeze this weekend...
I will be there ready to clock in. I just need to see your current Certificate of Workman's Comp Insurance & that it is paid up to date & please have the meat wagon standing by. Also, a number for your insurance agent who can confirm coverage, relieving my thoughts that the insurance document is a forgery. Thanks for the job offer. von.

Last edited:
Golly gee, I was planning on marking off this weekend and spend my bonus!
Von, "If I cleared it with Dave, would you ride with Billy this weekend?"
Is he cute & how much does it pay? No, just kidding about the cuteness. I think. The better half has me confused with an outfit called Merry Maids. And, she buys dinner on Saturday afternoon. So, between the Pledge & the Tidy Bowl, I have run out of hours. Therefore being unable to ride Billy, I mean ride with Billy & 39 cents a mile I have to decline the offer. But hey, thanks for thinking of me. Your turn. von.

Is he cute & how much does it pay? No, just kidding about the cuteness. I think. The better half has me confused with an outfit called Merry Maids. And, she buys dinner on Saturday afternoon. So, between the Pledge & the Tidy Bowl, I have run out of hours. Therefore being unable to ride Billy, I mean ride with Billy & 39 cents a mile I have to decline the offer. But hey, thanks for thinking of me. Your turn. von.

39 cents ? WOW did Dave give you a raise? he didn't mention that to me!!!

I’m sorry, Billy is hiding at his Terminal, on his mower, running around doing citizens arrest on line drivers breaking the sound barrier with their speed. He presently doesn’t have time to do any runs. Gosh dang, I am glad I am not going to SEA today. I drive so fast, he’ll just see a green and white flash go by.

I will be there ready to clock in. I just need to see your current Certificate of Workman's Comp Insurance & that it is paid up to date & please have the meat wagon standing by. Also, a number for your insurance agent who can confirm coverage, relieving my thoughts that the insurance document is a forgery. Thanks for the job offer. von.

Von, Dave has the document you requested, its not Workmans Comp, its Workmans (Complaint) Insurance.
He thinks he will be using it more often!

Von, Dave has the document you requested, its not Workmans Comp, its Workmans (Complaint) Insurance.
He thinks he will be using it more often!
Workman's complaint insurance. Ya could support an entire third world country on just the wages you pay to handle the complaints in this industry. As a insurance adjustor in a earlier life, I have one word the complaint department should use every time. Denied. von.

Workman's complaint insurance. Ya could support an entire third world country on just the wages you pay to handle the complaints in this industry. As a insurance adjustor in a earlier life, I have one word the complaint department should use every time. Denied. von.

I can see you are bucking for a raise.