New Penn | Scare Tatics

deville00

TB Lurker
Credits
As with prior ratification elections, a small number of the bargaining units representing less than 10 percent of our Teamster employees did not yet ratify the labor agreement modifications. The company and the Teamsters expect to address employee concerns and have these smaller bargaining units reconsider the modifications in the near future.

As with prior ratification elections, a small number of the bargaining units representing less than 10 percent of our Teamster employees did not yet ratify the labor agreement modifications. The company and the Teamsters expect to address employee concerns and have these smaller bargaining units reconsider the modifications in the near future.
I figured that they would do this try a re-vote .

my guess is they will run around new penn and try to starve them out remember who still owns new penn. i hope i am wrong but remember dollar bill still is calling the shots

Yeah because yrcw diverted all their freight and made them unprofitable!!!!!!!!!!!!!just like they will do to newpenn now because the scumbags just want to break the union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys stand tall in my book,10% is enough, no matter want happens next you can hold your heads high. you told zollars to shove it,god bless&good luck.

my guess is they will run around new penn and try to starve them out remember who still owns new penn. i hope i am wrong but remember dollar bill still is calling the shots

That would be business as usual for YRCW.Spend fifty million to save ten million.

That would be business as usual for YRCW.Spend fifty million to save ten million.

it's not a unlikely scenario. in two separate conversations with people ABOVE terminal manager positions, both said in the event of a no vote it would be nothing for yrcw to absorb New Penn's accounts and sell off the assets. I personally hope not but will survive anyway if it does happen. others I know would be devastated but oh well what is, is what it is.

it's not a unlikely scenario. in two separate conversations with people ABOVE terminal manager positions, both said in the event of a no vote it would be nothing for yrcw to absorb New Penn's accounts and sell off the assets. I personally hope not but will survive anyway if it does happen. others I know would be devastated but oh well what is, is what it is.

Personally I don't think anyone at New Penn including our President was told by YRC what would happen if we voted NO. But as we were told by JOE(YRC management) there is no Plan B. So if Zollar has to think up some plan to deal with us, we will all be retired before that GENIUS comes up with anything.

Please clarify for me. I thought NP was under a me too agreement and even though your vote was no and counted separately the majority was what happens too all of us.

Please clarify for me. I thought NP was under a me too agreement and even though your vote was no and counted separately the majority was what happens too all of us.

You know RJ, I was under the impression of that also. I may have been wrong, because, It appears not to be the case. ONE: it would be totally wrong for Biliy Boy to do anything to NEW PENN for saying NO, as he himself does not take a paycut. TWO : if he does do something, it will be grow Holland and shrink NEW PENN, Keeping the NEW PENN management. Three : That is not likely, because they have the option to take more monthly fees away from NP and make it look like they are losing money. This whole thing is weird, NP and the Windy, What will they do?. Chicago is and has always been a WHOLE other story. Maybe Chicago and Obama have an answer. :biglaugh: By the way NP and Chicago, I started trucking in 1965, Back then we would have done the same thing, and proud of it. In a way I am proud of you, then I have to think, would I want to start over with no real prospects out there?
Damn, you guys are good, I hope it works out for you. True teamsters to the core. Daddy Hoffa, is smiling on you. ( I actually got to touch his hand once in a rally in Detroit for REA, a Huge fight broke out there during his speech)(I tried to get away, got smacked in the eye, All hell broke loose) Those were the days. I really hate to say this, I may have voted yes on this one. Who knows?
I am going to stick my neck out there and say, whatever happens, it will be slippery, smooth, slient, out of the public eye. you will not even see it coming.

The one thing on my mind is that the customers can't tolerate any major changes or god forbid work stoppages, so lets hope for the best. I think mentally we are prepared for the worse.So lets hope for the best. Remember we paid our bills and made a profit during the worst of times so we are not saying we want to kill the company,just keep what we built !!!

The one thing on my mind is that the customers can't tolerate any major changes or god forbid work stoppages, so lets hope for the best. I think mentally we are prepared for the worse.So lets hope for the best. Remember we paid our bills and made a profit during the worst of times so we are not saying we want to kill the company,just keep what we built !!!

That is the just of it, right there. If it ain't broke , do not fix it. I just do not have as good of a feeling, as I thought I would have when the voting would be over. Any recourse on newpenn or chicago, will have a bad effect on the overhall wellfare of yrcw.

That is the just of it, right there. If it ain't broke , do not fix it. I just do not have as good of a feeling, as I thought I would have when the voting would be over. Any recourse on newpenn or chicago, will have a bad effect on the overhall wellfare of yrcw.

Actually it would not look good on Dollar Bill if he came out and tried to punish NP for taking a stand against him..We are still one of the few that are still making money for them and for them to close us,it would take years for them to replace us to become profitable again if ever...It is what it is and the next few weeks will be interesting to say the least...