XPO | Schedule? Workload?

Lazlo

TB Lurker
Credits
Wheeling groceries now. Getting tired of running 800-1000cs/day, getting even more tired of having to wake up @3am (and go to bed early enough to do it).
XPO running ads in KC. What hours do you guys typically work? Start/end? Does XPO pay OT? Like I said right now I’m up @3am, don’t usually walk in the door until 5:30 or 6. Hoping to find job w/later start time that gets me home roughly the same time.
Mostly dock work? Or a lot of hand freight? Don’t mind some wheeling just not the volume I’m doing now
Thanks!

Starting out the schedule can be chaotic. The benefits are terrible. But the wages are likely much better than what you have now. I come from a similar back ground. This job is gravy with biscuit wheels compared to what you are doing.

Starting out the schedule can be chaotic. The benefits are terrible. But the wages are likely much better than what you have now. I come from a similar back ground. This job is gravy with biscuit wheels compared to what you are doing.
How chaotic? On call?
Our benefits are pretty bad too. Pay $47/wk for insurance with a $10k deductible. Better plan w/$4k deductible would be around $100/wk, no deductible plan runs $185/wk

How chaotic? On call?
Our benefits are pretty bad too. Pay $47/wk for insurance with a $10k deductible. Better plan w/$4k deductible would be around $100/wk, no deductible plan runs $185/wk

Depending on the staffing at that terminal. On call most likely. You might get stuck running the bottom of the line haul board. It's hard to say. The schedule is really bad starting out.

The insurance will be a push. It ain't good. But what you got ain't good. Not going to be a factor in your decision.

If KC is like the rest of the Midwest, you will be working. Lots. The Midwest is being pounded right now. Tomah, wi behind 50 loads. Linehaul running at max in most terminals.

Most is forklift work. Some loose piece and tire accounts, but way less than foodservice.

The biggest thing is to getting used to the B.S. that is at practically all LTL companies.
They know everything , (at least they think that they do). They take things that are elementary and make Rocket science out of it. To keep your sanity, just learn to laugh under your breath and go with the flow..
Act like a dumb Truck Driver and you will be fine. Good luck.

The biggest thing is to getting used to the B.S. that is at practically all LTL companies.
They know everything , (at least they think that they do). They take things that are elementary and make Rocket science out of it. To keep your sanity, just learn to laugh under your breath and go with the flow..
Act like a dumb Truck Driver and you will be fine. Good luck.
What does a dumb truck driver act like??

Thats simple like everyone else on here.

The more useless you are, the more you will enjoy your job. The more you try hard and look to help, the more you will hate your job. This place ain't nothing but a paycheck. Any one worth a ::shit:: is long gone from here. Just take advantage. And make as much money as you can. $20 bills laying everywhere. I don't know the specific situation in KC. But around here. It is not getting any better. We don't have enough drivers or tractors or trailers. And our tonnage isn't what's killing us. These numbers are not impressive. Just shrug your shoulders. Agree with everything. And do nothing or as little as possible. It's what they expect. Your just a dumb truck driver. Why fight it ? They know everything. And it's their job to make the decisions. Let them own it. You play your part, and they play theirs.

Wheeling groceries now. Getting tired of running 800-1000cs/day, getting even more tired of having to wake up @3am (and go to bed early enough to do it).
XPO running ads in KC. What hours do you guys typically work? Start/end? Does XPO pay OT? Like I said right now I’m up @3am, don’t usually walk in the door until 5:30 or 6. Hoping to find job w/later start time that gets me home roughly the same time.
Mostly dock work? Or a lot of hand freight? Don’t mind some wheeling just not the volume I’m doing now
Thanks!
It come down to the local terminal you will be working at they are all different with start time, flex board and so on. The best thing to do is to talk to drivers out of that barn. Most on here can tell you the basic way we operate. FAC barn run alot different the end of the line barns, but FAC barns normal have more work, dock, and Linehaul