Estes | Schedule

You will get your reset break at home,though it may not be on the weekend.It depends on your start day,which are usually Sun.Mon,Tues,or Wed.......

It's usually more than 34. Say you start on Wednesday, you're supposed to be off Monday by noon. You leave back out Wednesday night... Works out to about 56-60 hours.

Ok so do they try to get you home by noon to start your days off? So how long does it take to get off the Wednesday start time? How long until drivers get off extra board at big city terminals? Where are you out of.

Yes, you're supposed to be off by noon on your off day. Sometimes it doesn't happen... Maybe I was lucky, but I almost always got home early that morning or late the night before.

Everything else depends on your specific terminal. You might be on extraboard for a few months or a few years. What terminal are you hoping to get on at?

I'm out of Memphis. Big terminal. Lots of runs and lots of drivers. Probably 40 or 50 on extraboard. If you started now you'd leave on Thursday night. You might be able to get a run in 3 or 4 years and then it'd be really low miles. I'm lucky I started when I did.

Other terminals may be better, but I can't speak for them.

You're doing the right thing by asking these questions now instead of getting disappointed later.

I normally average 65-70 hrs per weekend off. I have a Tuesday night start, which really equates to 1-2am Wednesday morning and I normally get back early Sunday morning 2-5am. Despite the downfalls of doing a bunch of free waiting around it is not a bad check for your 5 dispatches on the extra board.

Fruitloop is our highest paid driver! Brings in almost 200k a year!! He has property in NJ, Maine, Michigan and owns 2 strip clubs. He is currently looking for property in the Houston area. If you know of any please fwd to him

Thank you
Haha jack!!!

That's about right. If you prove you can run they'll throw you a bone one in a while. Did the recruiter tell you about breakdown and hooking up of the sets? You get paid for that too.

Houston is a good terminal to run extraboard out of. I don't know how many schedule runs they have or what the wait for one is, but you should do fine there.

Hub drivers take a load to a break bulk terminal, work the dock for a few hours, then go back home. Some might lay over 2 days a week.

Pays a little less per mile. Hourly dock work. Off weekends.

Hub time does not count towards linehaul seniority.

I am at FXF I go from south Houston to Houston it's 78 miles round trip. Work dock 3 hrs. I bring home $650 to $700 a week. It sucks been doing it for over a year. I commute 100 miles a night. I was told I can transfer in six months, but I am still at south yard. I live 10 miles from north yard. I do get weekends off which is great. All hub drivers do. It will take 5 to 10 years before I get a bid run out of this terminal. I'm just a glorified dock worker. Cdl since 1999. Ready for a change.