Estes | Schedule

Sheesh.

You'll do better than that here for sure. It may take some time to get that Monday or Tuesday start, but if you're extraboard, there's no dock work. The money can be very good here. We top out at 62.5 after 3 years, plus COL raised nearly every year.

All I can say is I'm happy here. Others aren't, but as far as I'm concerned this is the best trucking job I've had.

It's sucks to be gone for 5 days and not being off on the weekend. How long you been there and what is your run. Take home pay.

I got a little 600 mile layover run. I go all the way Monday thru Thursday and do a meet on Friday. I've been here about 6 years. I bring home about 1300 a week.

I have been working at Estes for a while and overall I think it is a good job. Keep in mind we don't have a pension or profit sharing. That means you will need to save more of your own money.

Just make sure you double check the directions in the book of terminals. Some have moved and haven't been updated. Such as Ft Worth, Denver ,Brooklyn and now Markham,I'll. I've been here over 6 months and love it. A few hotels suck but other than that I can see me retiring from here.

Matching 401,no bunkrooms for extraboard,30 bucks a month for personal cell phone,affordable Cigna insurance are some of the perks.Just remember no trucking job is perfect and this is no different..

So extra board leave home terminal and don't come back to fifth day. Do drivers take trucks to motels. What hotels does Estes use. I'm sure it's all night driving.

So extra board leave home terminal and don't come back to fifth day. Do drivers take trucks to motels. What hotels does Estes use. I'm sure it's all night driving.
Mostly nights! Our extra guys run days. Take trucks to motels. We use upscale hotels, Hilton's, Marriott's etc don't stay in anything less then 4.75 stars

after reading all of these posts I'm becoming more and more anxious to start....got drug and physical to do Monday....then wait for them to tell me to turn in my 2 week notice! Glad, I won't be staying in parking lots anymore.....don't mind running nights, it'll take some getting use to, though....usually I start around midnight/1 am. does insurance kick in after 90 days, like usual? Also, when can I roll over my 401K....after 90 days, again or 6 months?

after reading all of these posts I'm becoming more and more anxious to start....got drug and physical to do Monday....then wait for them to tell me to turn in my 2 week notice! Glad, I won't be staying in parking lots anymore.....don't mind running nights, it'll take some getting use to, though....usually I start around midnight/1 am. does insurance kick in after 90 days, like usual? Also, when can I roll over my 401K....after 90 days, again or 6 months?
Ins starts the first of the month after you have 60 days in. so depending on your start day it could be as little as two months or as long as three.

Ins starts the first of the month after you have 60 days in. so depending on your start day it could be as little as two months or as long as three.
awesome! Totally forgot to ask in interview.....figured it'd be 90(since my whole life IN and OUT of driving has always been 90 days) Got 2 little ones I'll have to get temp insurance for....wife and I can just wait it out until it kicks in! Since I have almost 5 years driving experience, guy said I'd go out with a trainer for a few weeks? Does that sound right?

not familiar with doubles...line haul/extra is all new to me....but I have a really good friend who works for OD and told me the ins and outs of 'line haul'....He's been driving for over 20 years(in his early 40's...family of drivers!), went to OD with NO doubles exp. said he did orientation, next day hooked/unhooked sets the whole next day, next day went out on a run(overnight) with someone and was turned loose. I know that companies are different....but from telling him my hiring experience, he said it's almost identical from what he experienced over there. I'll be out of Greensboro, NC

Sometimes you might get home in the middle of the week. Don't count on it though. Sometimes it just happens.

Usually decent hotels. If you have a problem with one there are sometimes options. Ask around if you're not sure and some drivers will tell you where they're staying.

You take your truck to the hotel. And to Whataburger or wherever. You have 30 miles of personal conveyance use per day that counts as off duty time.

Mostly nights, especially out of Houston. Houston is an EOL terminal and not much relay freight comes through there.