FedEx Freight | Scumbags

RC is just dying to know.....is the guy out in the parking lot smoking on the clock?
Is the guy washing the truck on the clock? If either is a shuttle that has not clocked into Kronos, you need to get over it.
If they are on the clock, that's between them and the red shirts. Not your concern until you start wearing the shirt, otherwise you are nothing more than a tattle-tale that never reached puberty.

And technically, if he's washing the truck on the clock, so what? He's cleaning company equipment, for Christ's sake. I get the overall jist of the original post, but we might be getting a little carried away here.

scumbag

We have more than a few of these types at our barn . One driver actually took pictures of another driver working at a business that he and his wife own. The guy is off on short term disability, so he's helping out his wife doing stuff that he can until he heals up and can come back to work. The driver that took pictures of him, sent them in to management, without even knowing the whole scenario. He had no clue if the doctors had said he could help out with his family business without doing damage to the injury. It's nothing more than one POS sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, and messing with a fellow driver's livelihood. Calling him a scumbag would be doing an injustice to scumbags. I'm hoping karma punches dude squarely in the throat.

Well your story sounds great , if all your facts were True!! Step Up or Step Out!!! :bgroovy:

OK I'm gonna say something unpopular here, and I've got my flame-proof pants, so do your worst. Let me get this straight, someone reporting an incident or accident, or reporting someone dicking around on the clock, making me work harder to pick up their slack is unprofessional and what's killing the profession of being an ltl freight hauler? I'm not gonna snitch on someone for sneaking out to the parking lot for a smoke before they hit the dock, but if I saw someone damage a truck or trailer or someone else's property, then I think, because of my faith, morally I'm obligated to say something. Not to benefit myself or to get someone in trouble, but because its the right thing to do. Think of it like this, say you're in your car and you're hit by another truck and the guy tries to run. What are you gonna do, let him go and pay for the damage yourself, or are you gonna get his truck and trailer number, then call the police and your insurance company and his company? Your property is just as valuable as someone else's, and the bottom line is that all actions have consequences, either good or bad depending on the circumstances. The same goes with stealing time, I'm not gonna let someone slack off on the clock and pick up his slack. We're all hired to do a job and we get a paycheck for it. You agreed to take the job, you agreed to the work it involves. We had a problem at Con-way with guys taking 30 minutes or more on the fuel island washing the truck they drove in the city when they were supposed to be on the dock. What should you do, let them continue to get away with screwing off and working harder to cover for them or are you gonna say something to the boss? I refuse to do someone else's work for them, and besides they are not doing the job they are supposed to be doing, and agreed to do by accepting the job. Now there's grey area in everything, but common sense and your moral compass (if you have one) should make it glaringly obvious as to what action should be taken in each situation. Trailers get scratched from time to time, it's like a pickup bed-scratches add character, but if you put a big ol' scratch on a truck or knock off a mirror, or damage a customer's property, then something should be done. And if I'm the guy that did the damage, I should be man enough to own up to my mistake and accept whatever consequences come with it.

Sorry pal a rat is a rat. Doesn't your faith also tell you to turn the other cheek? Who says you have to work harder because someone else is slacking off, just do your own thing and pay attention to what you're doing,mind your own business!! Ratting someone out doesn't get you any where with the Redshirts they just laugh at you behind your back and call you a sucker. It doesn't get you a get out of jail free card, you screw up they will fire you whether or not you are their best snitch or not. And enough with the morals crap, you are probably looking to climb the seniority ladder like all the other rats!!!

you made one good point....what you said was indeed unpopular.....nice work....I sure as hell hope you don t work the hub I m at!

Hell I don't even work for the company y'all work for. And to be honest I don't think I would either. With how the company dogs y'all and the **** poor morale I hear on here, no way. You guys can think what you want abouty previous post, it's your right. I wouldn't go "snitch" on someone out of spite, but y'all make it sound like the old adage isn't true. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, it does make a sound. By the same token, if a driver screws up and damages a trailer, or whatever, and no red shirt (or black shirt at my company) isn't there to see it IT IS STILL WRONG.

Hell I don't even work for the company y'all work for. And to be honest I don't think I would either. With how the company dogs y'all and the **** poor morale I hear on here, no way. You guys can think what you want abouty previous post, it's your right. I wouldn't go "snitch" on someone out of spite, but y'all make it sound like the old adage isn't true. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, it does make a sound. By the same token, if a driver screws up and damages a trailer, or whatever, and no red shirt (or black shirt at my company) isn't there to see it IT IS STILL WRONG.
You talk bout doing your job, is it part of your job description to watch what everybody else is doing so you don't have to work harder? Or maybe it's your job to drive the truck

But NOT your job to worry about it. A rat is a rat. If you want to be in management, apply for the job.

You still haven't broken my argument. So if you let a buddy borrow your car and he wrecked it would you be cool with it? Or would you expect him to do the right thing and pay your deductible on the insurance? Or maybe make his insurance cover it if he's got full coverage? And I'm no traffic cop, and I do my job, but I guess you're saying if your boss at Holland came up to ya and said "hey we're making everyone do 'x' because its not getting done" and you know the reason it's not getting done is because Joe over there is dicking around on the clock, what would you do? Well I guess being in the union you'd tell him to go take a long walk because you don't give a flip if it gets done or not, it's not your job. Or would you tell him why it's not getting done? Ratting on someone is doing it for spite. If you don't want someone to "rat" on you, do your job! Don't put someone else in that position! If you're not man enough to accept the consequences for your actions then how much of a man are you?

And technically, if he's washing the truck on the clock, so what? He's cleaning company equipment, for Christ's sake. I get the overall jist of the original post, but we might be getting a little carried away here.

If he's supposed to be doing something else and he's washing the truck on the clock then he's stealing time. He's doing what he wants to do to avoid doing what he's been told to do in order to waste enough time that management will tell him to go home rather than go to the dock.

You talk bout doing your job, is it part of your job description to watch what everybody else is doing so you don't have to work harder? Or maybe it's your job to drive the truck

Dude I'm not talking about being a traffic cop, sometimes you just see things. And it's up to you whether you say something or keep your mouth shut. If you're comfortable with that, fine. But we're all accountable to ourselves and others. If you feel comfortable standing in front of the almighty and telling him you knew that guy stealing was wrong but it wasn't your business, I guess that's between you and the almighty.

You still haven't broken my argument. So if you let a buddy borrow your car and he wrecked it would you be cool with it? Or would you expect him to do the right thing and pay your deductible on the insurance? Or maybe make his insurance cover it if he's got full coverage? And I'm no traffic cop, and I do my job, but I guess you're saying if your boss at Holland came up to ya and said "hey we're making everyone do 'x' because its not getting done" and you know the reason it's not getting done is because Joe over there is dicking around on the clock, what would you do? Well I guess being in the union you'd tell him to go take a long walk because you don't give a flip if it gets done or not, it's not your job. Or would you tell him why it's not getting done? Ratting on someone is doing it for spite. If you don't want someone to "rat" on you, do your job! Don't put someone else in that position! If you're not man enough to accept the consequences for your actions then how much of a man are you?
If my boss tells me to do "x" then I do it but not before I'm done with "r". And if they can't figure out why something isn't getting done that's their job to figure out why.

If my boss tells me to do "x" then I do it but not before I'm done with "r". And if they can't figure out why something isn't getting done that's their job to figure out why.

Wow, I'm glad I don't work with you. You sound like the type to let a company sink around you and then blame mismanagement for the company going broke without lifting a finger to help. Then you ***** because you're looking for another job!

Wow, I'm glad I don't work with you. You sound like the type to let a company sink around you and then blame mismanagement for the company going broke without lifting a finger to help. Then you ***** because you're looking for another job!

I'm glad I don't work with someone like you. A rat who worries about what everyone else is or isn't doing. Instead of snitching to management why don't you ask the person in question why they are such a leaker and won't pull their own weight?

Take this scenario.

In a 2 lane little town every night on the way back home 3-5 road drivers roll into town and the first guy comes to a 4 way stop. He stops and radios back to the ones behind him that no one is coming and they blow through the stop sign at 45mph. Do you say something and get it stopped or do you shut your mouth and tow the "don't be a rat" line and find out someone got killed by one of the stop sign runners a few weeks later?

This is a real scenario, not make believe. I think it warrants intervention, surely not for a lunch break or KRONOS cheat, they'll get caught eventually if they are doing wrong.

roog

I'm glad I don't work with someone like you. A rat who worries about what everyone else is or isn't doing. Instead of snitching to management why don't you ask the person in question why they are such a leaker and won't pull their own weight?

I suppose one could do that, then what? He doesn't have to listen to me. I have no authority. He can tell me to **** off and walk away.

One other question, what do you have to hide? If you're a professional and doing what you're supposed to be doing, then what are you so scared of being found out? As far as minor fender benders or trailer dents are concerned, I don't know a single carrier that will can you for a minor accident, so why not just come clean?

Take this scenario.

In a 2 lane little town every night on the way back home 3-5 road drivers roll into town and the first guy comes to a 4 way stop. He stops and radios back to the ones behind him that no one is coming and they blow through the stop sign at 45mph. Do you say something and get it stopped or do you shut your mouth and tow the "don't be a rat" line and find out someone got killed by one of the stop sign runners a few weeks later?

This is a real scenario, not make believe. I think it warrants intervention, surely not for a lunch break or KRONOS cheat, they'll get caught eventually if they are doing wrong.

roog

That's a tough call Roogie. Can't say whether I'd say anything or not. I'd probably say something to the involved.

Here's another scenario; driver that you have known for many years shows up smelling of alcohol. What do you do? I wrestled with the decision and finally came to the conclusion that I can live with the loss of a friendship, I didn't want to live with the loss of a friend or innocent motorist.

I've always lived by the idea that if it doesn't affect me or endanger the safety of others, I keep out of it.