FedEx Freight | Scumbags

That's a tough call Roogie. Can't say whether I'd say anything or not. I'd probably say something to the involved.

Here's another scenario; driver that you have known for many years shows up smelling of alcohol. What do you do? I wrestled with the decision and finally came to the conclusion that I can live with the loss of a friendship, I didn't want to live with the loss of a friend or innocent motorist.

I've always lived by the idea that if it doesn't affect me or endanger the safety of others, I keep out of it.

I've been there, on both sides, I have never said a word because unless they are obviously drunk its most likely residual left over in the lungs, or wherever it gets stuck, I can go to the porta-potty on any given day after my shuttle and smell alcohol and cologne, makes for a nasty mix. However, unless the man is drunk, and in your case I'm sure your friend was, I offer them some gum so at least they realize that somebody can smell it, that usually speaks volumes.

Driving reckless to get someone killed or drunk is a little different. Songremainsthesame sounds like he'd tell my wife if I shook it more than twice at the urinal when finishing. Geez dude who made you the moral police? Lighten up. A guy scuffs a trailer on the yard hooking a set and you run and tell? What if the guy has something on his mind at the moment? I'm talking a scratch not a hole ok? Maybe his child has something like leukemia and he is stressing, and you want to get the guy canned? You don't know everyones situation. Worry about yourself before you run over someone watching everyone else. God damn super truckers kill me. We are all human and make mistakes. Some are lazy and some not. It all comes out in the wash. Karma doesn't need your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) karma doesn't exist. (2)I may be coming off a little harsh, but yeah a scuff in the yard here and there never hurt anything. It's like scratches on your pickup bed, they add character :) I'm talking poking holes in trailers, damage to tractors, bending landing gear, stuff like that. Things that actually constitute an accident. I'm hoping we're all adults here and would man up to it anyway. If you've got a good record with your carrier, chances are they'd just slap you on the wrist and say don't do it again. That's the way Con-way was and OD is where I am now. 3)any instance, including the instance posted above about blowing through a stop sign warrants talking to someone in person, not just running to management. I just know that in my experience that even if you bring something up to a guy, man to man, usually you get the cold shoulder and then risk the tires on your car in the parking lot for bringing it up. Which isn't cool. Professionalism doesn't include threatening a coworker because you don't necessarily like what he has to say.

1) karma doesn't exist. (2)I may be coming off a little harsh, but yeah a scuff in the yard here and there never hurt anything. It's like scratches on your pickup bed, they add character :) I'm talking poking holes in trailers, damage to tractors, bending landing gear, stuff like that. Things that actually constitute an accident. I'm hoping we're all adults here and would man up to it anyway. If you've got a good record with your carrier, chances are they'd just slap you on the wrist and say don't do it again. That's the way Con-way was and OD is where I am now. 3)any instance, including the instance posted above about blowing through a stop sign warrants talking to someone in person, not just running to management. I just know that in my experience that even if you bring something up to a guy, man to man, usually you get the cold shoulder and then risk the tires on your car in the parking lot for bringing it up. Which isn't cool. Professionalism doesn't include threatening a coworker because you don't necessarily like what he has to say.

Once almost ten years ago when I was at OD we had a guy bump a trailer, and put a scratch on it. Well it turns out the mechanic was out in the yard working on another trailer and saw him do it. He walked in to dispatch and asked if the guy had reported doing it. Well, the answer was no and the guy was terminated. They had a lot invested in him too since they trained him from the dock. The point was they could not trust him. He only scuffed the trailer, but his dishonesty is what got him terminated. They figure they can't trust him so he gets canned. The mechanic was an ass and hated drivers to begin with and was all too happy to rat the guy out. I thought it was bull over a scratch, but it wasn't my decision to make.

If somebody damages equipment they will be found out anyway,if the next driver documents it in his VIR and management cares to look into it.

Once almost ten years ago when I was at OD we had a guy bump a trailer, and put a scratch on it. Well it turns out the mechanic was out in the yard working on another trailer and saw him do it. He walked in to dispatch and asked if the guy had reported doing it. Well, the answer was no and the guy was terminated. They had a lot invested in him too since they trained him from the dock. The point was they could not trust him. He only scuffed the trailer, but his dishonesty is what got him terminated. They figure they can't trust him so he gets canned. The mechanic was an ass and hated drivers to begin with and was all too happy to rat the guy out. I thought it was bull over a scratch, but it wasn't my decision to make.

Gotta agree with you on that one... A scratch on a trailer is nothing, especially with all the dings and dents I'm seeing on our pups nowadays with the household goods service we do now. The top part of the noseboard of just about every trailer has a dent on it from hitting tree branches.

Really? And you know this how? That's a real dick comment.

You show me anywhere in the bible where it says what goes around comes around and I'll change my mind. Until then... Things happen and just because you did something good doesn't mean you're gonna get it good around the bend. And conversely, if you've been a ****head it doesn't necessarily mean your gonna get a kick in the nuts for it either. Talk about your dick comments!

If somebody damages equipment they will be found out anyway,if the next driver documents it in his VIR and management cares to look into it.

If one driver misses notating the damage it breaks the chain of evidence and then there's no tracking who did it. All the driver who did the damage has to do is claim it was already there and he forgot to notate it, it becomes ones word versus another and then there's no proving it. You just don't want it being you held responsible if it was you who did it. Goes back to what I said earlier, if you did nothing wrong, whatcha got to hide?

you made one good point....what you said was indeed unpopular.....nice work....I sure as hell hope you don t work the hub I m at!

Be specific, what was the good point and what was unpopular? Why wouldn't you want to work at the same hub as I ? Just because I am not a snitch doesn't mean I don't do my job, I just mind my own business.

Gents, life is too short to be worrying about what someone else is doing. Fedex, con-way nor any other big corportation gives a hoot about you, despite appearances to the contrary. You couldn't tell a walmart driver otherwise..But we make 90K, so of course walmart cares...Yaa..wrong. Just show up, do what you get paid to do. Worry about the equipment in your charge, because that it part of the contractual obligation between you/I and the company..Maintain the equipment and do the assigned task in a safe manner and go home. Worry not about anything else. It will all work itself out.This is one reason this country is in the dumps.. We spend more time in the gossip and business of celebrities and people who do not give one god damn about you, than the things that matter more in life.

Me personally dont care, If I saw someone drop a trailer in the yard, and I can help him get the gear up and back under that bad boy I will.. Not my place to rat someone out. So in short, unless someone is doing something directly jeopardizing your safety, mind ya own damn business. And save the what if it was my family on the highway bs...that argument holds no water. And remember no one is perfect. So the time you spend watching someone else, you are in theory "stealing" company time by not doing your job.

CC out :)

You show me anywhere in the bible where it says what goes around comes around and I'll change my mind. Until then... Things happen and just because you did something good doesn't mean you're gonna get it good around the bend. And conversely, if you've been a ****head it doesn't necessarily mean your gonna get a kick in the nuts for it either. Talk about your dick comments!

you shall reap what you sow, that close enough for you

Gents, life is too short to be worrying about what someone else is doing. Fedex, con-way nor any other big corportation gives a hoot about you, despite appearances to the contrary. You couldn't tell a walmart driver otherwise..But we make 90K, so of course walmart cares...Yaa..wrong. Just show up, do what you get paid to do. Worry about the equipment in your charge, because that it part of the contractual obligation between you/I and the company..Maintain the equipment and do the assigned task in a safe manner and go home. Worry not about anything else. It will all work itself out.This is one reason this country is in the dumps.. We spend more time in the gossip and business of celebrities and people who do not give one god damn about you, than the things that matter more in life.

Me personally dont care, If I saw someone drop a trailer in the yard, and I can help him get the gear up and back under that bad boy I will.. Not my place to rat someone out. So in short, unless someone is doing something directly jeopardizing your safety, mind ya own damn business. And save the what if it was my family on the highway bs...that argument holds no water. And remember no one is perfect. So the time you spend watching someone else, you are in theory "stealing" company time by not doing your job.

CC out :)

CC good statement. I to would help. Helped one such sole. Then down the road they took the buy out and tried to burn as many people as they could B4 they left. Good riddens to them....

you shall reap what you sow, that close enough for you

Good post, and quite true, I have sewed the seeds of meaness and reaped the same, I have sewn the seeds of kindness and again, the same result, I think he is talking about Karma, not everyone believes in that but it goes hand in hand with what goes around comes around, if you sew tomato seeds you get tomatoes, if you sew seeds of hate, generally thats what you will get. Its been true enough for me.