SEFL | SDI survey

fr8machine

TB Lurker
Credits
How does your terminal go over your SDI results?
Did you see any changes from it?
Do you think somebody from corporate should discuse the results ?and not your terminal manager or supervisor?

Looks Like you found us...Hopefully someone will be along to help you with your question soon. In the mean time Enjoy Truckingboards...:clap:

How does your terminal go over your SDI results?
Did you see any changes from it?
Do you think somebody from corporate should discuse the results ?and not your terminal manager or supervisor?

I agree, in our meetings, our TM received a low grade, at least lower than they wanted. When asked for reasons why we didn't respect our TM no one wanted to answer. I couldn't help but to think no one wanted to answer in fear that he may "black list" you. So by having someone from corporate hold the meetings, that may be a pretty good idea. I have no idea why they don't do that now.

i have seen the same stuff put down for years, and nothing has been changed, when really its stuff that needs to be changed. they just go over it and make a big deal out of it in the meetings, they try and weed the moles out who wrote the negative stuff down. but anyone who has been with this company awhile knows to keep there mouth shut and be invisible, because if you say it was you that wrote that stuff sooner or later theyll find away to get rid of you.

But if someone from corporate came down ,and held the SDI . Supervisors and T.M not alowed it might work.
I know what you mean supah...seen it many times.Nobody wants to stick their neck out.

i have been with sefl for many years and nothing changes. the only reason for the sdi'i are to see if you are leaning towards a union. one thing you learn is to keep quiet. if you voice an opinion they don't like they say maybe you should leave, or they begin to make your day miserable. they say they have an open door policy, but what they have and what they really want is a quiet workforce that is afraid of losing hours or thier jobs. its suttle but its management by fear.

Sounds to me like you have lack of follow up at your terminal. That would not fly here.... nor does it. If you want to change something like how it is handled then maybe you should write up an action on it or call corporate yourselves. With as much as this company has done for all us I think we should be happy with what we have. But if you do not feel that same way and do not express it then do not try to get it changed then you have no right to complain.

i have been with sefl for many years and nothing changes. the only reason for the sdi'i are to see if you are leaning towards a union. one thing you learn is to keep quiet. if you voice an opinion they don't like they say maybe you should leave, or they begin to make your day miserable. they say they have an open door policy, but what they have and what they really want is a quiet workforce that is afraid of losing hours or thier jobs. its suttle but its management by fear.

you are 100% right, it could not be any better than that.

SDI has not changed anything in the terminal. Low ranks only mean a follow up meeting to discuss. Comments are ignored.

A few years ago at my Terminal the T.P. got a very low grade and they sent a V.P. in to find out what was going on.They transferred the T.M. I heard he was fired later. Worst T.M. we ever had. They do listen if you tell them.