Central Transport | SE Region VP Steps down

ltlguy2013

TB Lurker
Credits
Just heard the South East Region VP of Ops is stepping down and will become the manager of Charlotte, NC. Guess he realizes stuff isn't changing for the better...

Buying time to find another job?

Just heard the South East Region VP of Ops is stepping down and will become the manager of Charlotte, NC. Guess he realizes stuff isn't changing for the better...

Buying time to find another job?

He is a good man, answers the phone, answers his emails unlike the other VP's. Probably was offered the job or told to leave because he does not have the original FedEx bloodline. He was with Milan when we bought Milan.

On another note, Joe Wurst the manager at Erie PA just announced he is leaving after being there for 9 months. Heard he was fed up with the nonsense and lack of business at his terminal. Since he took over they lost half their GE business which was the primary reason they opened this terminal just over a year ago. Heard Mott had never even set foot there even though PIT is only a stones throw away.

He actually does have the bloodline. He was a TM of one of the largest AF/FedEx terminals in VA before
his Milan days. He is a great guy. Just doesn't want the always on the road life any longer.
Probably be good and get Charlotte straight finally after going through three managers in past years

heard through the grapevine Tomah TM is leaving, lost about 9 drivers and 7 dock guys so far this year (17 drivers and 15 docks guys total as of jan 1st...... only found 1 driver to hire, dock guys last a few weeks and run scared) this morning's meeting said to be ready for FE replacement and 20% wage cut

If they try that sh**.....They might as well shut the doors. Turn the lights out because its over. They can kiss my azz goodbye. They can find me down at Walmart spending that 50 on the raffle I'm gonna win.

heard through the grapevine Tomah TM is leaving, lost about 9 drivers and 7 dock guys so far this year (17 drivers and 15 docks guys total as of jan 1st...... only found 1 driver to hire, dock guys last a few weeks and run scared) this morning's meeting said to be ready for FE replacement and 20% wage cut

He is leaving, another one of the good guys. Going to work for Brady who was his boss and the former terminal manager at Tomah. Brady now is part owner of a 3PL.

Paul Hartleib, one of the good guys. He has tried his best but the Milan legacy area has been and still is just a $hitbag of an operation.

Funny how SE region is the only region operating in the black but it's the $hitbag.....
Unless you've seen numbers, lets not point fingers. The east region and west is what is draining money.
West region operated at a 1.22 last quarter. South East actually does very well...
Problems of course, but in the black

Funny how SE region is the only region operating in the black but it's the $hitbag.....
Unless you've seen numbers, lets not point fingers. The east region and west is what is draining money.
West region operated at a 1.22 last quarter. South East actually does very well...
doesn't the South pay about 1/3 less too?

I wish I could figure out a way to post a pic. A driver at corp took a pic of a sign that says something along the lines of....."if you know any Vitran employee who is leaking company secrets on social network.....facebook, trucking boards...etc, to please report it to security...." Don't worry about the ODS issues, the loss of customers, the poor equipment.........lets just worry about facebook and such.......what a joke.

I wish I could figure out a way to post a pic. A driver at corp took a pic of a sign that says something along the lines of....."if you know any Vitran employee who is leaking company secrets on social network.....facebook, trucking boards...etc, to please report it to security...." Don't worry about the ODS issues, the loss of customers, the poor equipment.........lets just worry about facebook and such.......what a joke.

is there a ca$h reward? :kicking: haha

The southeast ( Milan Express) has been a disaster. Don't know what you do or where you are getting your information but I do know that the Milan purchase has caused losses of millions of dollars that were not there before the purchase. The Milan terminals were flea ridden pieces of run down dog poop. Small barns without enough doors, dark terminals with no manager, only drivers that would open and close them. Vitran/PJAX spent millions of dollars upgrading them before they actually merged Milan into Vitran. Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte ( new barn costing over a million) have all been a disaster since the get go with more than 4 new managers at each facility since the purchase. The Milan purchase should never have happened, period. Does the marketplace warrant operating in the southeast, of course it does. But the Vitran network is still a rag tag mess down in the southeast and I simply don't believe you when you say they make money. To make money you have to have bill count and there is none in the southeast.

[QUOTE"if you know any Vitran employee who is leaking company secrets on social network.....facebook, trucking boards...etc, to please report it to security...." [/QUOTE]

What company secrets? How to destroy skids of iron ingots while all other trucking company have been unable to destroy them? W.A.F.J. this company has become.

oh it will only get better when and how is the secret that is kept. but i found the secret vault. when pigs fly and $hite talks oh crap i left my secret out. but if i wave my magic wand and throw so much pixie dust in the air it will all go away. and the secret will be safe until cousion eddie comes to my door at christmas and says $$$$$hitters full clark. then and only then will evrything become normal again. i guess that is not gonna happen either. so it will remain the same until some super hero comes to save us or a real camel walks threw and ask's what day it is. oh hell we can all dream of a better day that is coming at this circus but my script has run empty and so has my hope of it turning around. results and actions tell the story. there is no secrets just a unstopable fall that those in charge can't stop.cause when the opp was there they did nothing . the culture is what they made it.

ROFLMFAO, that is so very very funny!