Central Transport | SE Region VP Steps down

I wish I could figure out a way to post a pic. A driver at corp took a pic of a sign that says something along the lines of....."if you know any Vitran employee who is leaking company secrets on social network.....facebook, trucking boards...etc, to please report it to security...." Don't worry about the ODS issues, the loss of customers, the poor equipment.........lets just worry about facebook and such.......what a joke.

The key to this is how do we define "secret". This has nothing to do with actual secrets as one may think. The secrets are stories about how poorly we are treated and how incapable the company is. For example a secret is what a TM says in the office.

The day is coming when Vitran IT dept tracks the IP address of thise posting the truth about Vitran. Those employees will be targeted and fired.

The sign should read: "anyone telling the truth online will be fired".

When there is no protection this is what happens.

the only way they can do that is if you were stupid enough to post these things from a Vitran computer, which in fact you can be terminated for. it is unconstitutional to hold you accountable for what you do off company time or equipment.

The key to this is how do we define "secret". This has nothing to do with actual secrets as one may think. The secrets are stories about how poorly we are treated and how incapable the company is. For example a secret is what a TM says in the office.

The day is coming when Vitran IT dept tracks the IP address of thise posting the truth about Vitran. Those employees will be targeted and fired.

The sign should read: "anyone telling the truth online will be fired".

When there is no protection this is what happens.

Vitran IT will never be able to track us unless the owner of this website allows them access.

I wonder if management is aware that there are those of us that ARE NOT EMPLOYEED by Vitran that can keep this site up? Isn't it possible to send a post to us to be posted under our login name? What will they do about that? Infringe upon our privacy rights? I DON'T THINK SO!! Dumb-De-Dumb-Dumb. I'm sure that sign does absolutely NOTHING for instilling employee loyalty or enthusiasm. This is just more "the beatings will continue until moral improves."

I worked in the erie market for years...any carrier that would open a terminal thinking that GE is the golden goose has some bad leadership...most carriers wont even handle their freight..all 3PL controlled, they demand rates that do not produce a profit for the carrier, the union BS at the GE facilities will kill you in delay time, and you will be lucky to get paid in 90 days

In some states an employee can be fired for no stated reason. In all states we can be fired for breaking policy like letting the truck idle or crossing a white line. Some may think i am paranoid. However I know folks personally who have been targeted by trucking companies in this way.

As far as trucki g boards I am guess they would cough up our info if asked nicely. One business owner to another ya know.

Vitran promotes illegal operations every day. They have even been prosecuted for illegal business practices and keep on doing it. We have no protection. We are tools in a tool box.

In some states an employee can be fired for no stated reason. In all states we can be fired for breaking policy like letting the truck idle or crossing a white line. Some may think i am paranoid. However I know folks personally who have been targeted by trucking companies in this way.

As far as trucki g boards I am guess they would cough up our info if asked nicely. One business owner to another ya know.

Vitran promotes illegal operations every day. They have even been prosecuted for illegal business practices and keep on doing it. We have no protection. We are tools in a tool box.

Vitranoff can fire me all they want to. In fact I dare them to fire me. They don't have the cajones to fire me. I double, triple, dog dare them to fire me! Ha! :fingure:

LaMar.....You can't tell them to Fu** off twice......You already told them to fu** themselves and quit to my understanding.

The southeast ( Milan Express) has been a disaster. Don't know what you do or where you are getting your information but I do know that the Milan purchase has caused losses of millions of dollars that were not there before the purchase. The Milan terminals were flea ridden pieces of run down dog poop. Small barns without enough doors, dark terminals with no manager, only drivers that would open and close them. Vitran/PJAX spent millions of dollars upgrading them before they actually merged Milan into Vitran. Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte ( new barn costing over a million) have all been a disaster since the get go with more than 4 new managers at each facility since the purchase. The Milan purchase should never have happened, period. Does the marketplace warrant operating in the southeast, of course it does. But the Vitran network is still a rag tag mess down in the southeast and I simply don't believe you when you say they make money. To make money you have to have bill count and there is none in the southeast.
I would like to see where the money was spent in ATL? Not to mention that Milan drivers took 20 percent pay cuts for two years prior to Vitran buying as terms of the sale. So any money spent on the South has been paid for off of our backs.

alot of money was spent in the computer programming to get it to work with the system. vitran started to go downhill in performance and money loss right after purchasing milan. i would have to agree buying milan was alot of their downfall along with having too many headquarters.

alot of money was spent in the computer programming to get it to work with the system. vitran started to go downhill in performance and money loss right after purchasing milan. i would have to agree buying milan was alot of their downfall along with having too many headquarters.
I will agree with the computer system, I was thinking of the building,shop,and bomb crater lot. I can tell you that any good freight we had was instantly gone at the buyout. The revenue Milan had was replaced with Vitran customers.This did result in lower bill count and revenue.

I will agree with the computer system, I was thinking of the building,shop,and bomb crater lot. I can tell you that any good freight we had was instantly gone at the buyout. The revenue Milan had was replaced with Vitran customers.This did result in lower bill count and revenue.

the lower bill count is across the board and it's not due to weeding out the non-profitable ones, it's due to poor service and the good accounts going elsewhere.

the lower bill count is across the board and it's not due to weeding out the non-profitable ones, it's due to poor service and the good accounts going elsewhere.
I will agree with you again, however as along term Milan employee, I never thought there was an ltl company that could be worse.... Enter Vitran!

vitran has a tendency to purchase companies that make a profit and infect them, sorry about your loss.

I think we all lose in these deals...this makes the third time in 25 years that I've been through this...was looking to win this time. Oh well, I've been blessed with a high income wife.. Low debt...and two good job offers. I hope it works out for everyone.

I think we all lose in these deals...this makes the third time in 25 years that I've been through this...was looking to win this time. Oh well, I've been blessed with a high income wife.. Low debt...and two good job offers. I hope it works out for everyone.

it will work out, just not here.