Central Transport | SE Region VP Steps down

Vitran's problem had nothing to do with Milan. They paid less than $4Mfor Milan and its Terminals, Equipment ect. It was pretty much given to them. The problem was Vitran was behind everyone in technology. Way behind even Milan. Another problem was Russ Peters and Mark K thought Vitran had endless pockets. They were only making a few million a quarter so what do you expect when you go buy a company like Milan and have to stuff millions into it. They did okay running a small regional carrier like Pjax but had no idea how to run a company as large as Vitran became. The blame is on management and the lack of planning. They had no idea what they were doing. I ran a large terminal for Milan for 4 years and Vitran for about 2 years after. It's a joke now. I got out when I could. I still get calls from them asking me to come back.
Couldn't pay me enough with that idiot running the place

Vitran's problem had nothing to do with Milan. They paid less than $4Mfor Milan and its Terminals, Equipment ect. It was pretty much given to them. The problem was Vitran was behind everyone in technology. Way behind even Milan. Another problem was Russ Peters and Mark K thought Vitran had endless pockets. They were only making a few million a quarter so what do you expect when you go buy a company like Milan and have to stuff millions into it. They did okay running a small regional carrier like Pjax but had no idea how to run a company as large as Vitran became. The blame is on management and the lack of planning. They had no idea what they were doing. I ran a large terminal for Milan for 4 years and Vitran for about 2 years after. It's a joke now. I got out when I could. I still get calls from them asking me to come back.
Couldn't pay me enough with that idiot running the place

You say several things that simply are not true. Kosovec never thought Vitran had "endless pockets". Kosovec knew exactly how much money we had, he is a CPA by trade. Kosovec made mistakes, the Milan purchase was in my opinion the biggest one though Gaetz was the one who demanded it happen with his vision of making us a national player. Milan was a flea ridden $hithole carrier with rotten facilities and nasty equipment. But I am straying from my point which is this. If anyone does not have a grasp on our financial matters, it would be Mr. Keylon. A bad year under Kosovec was a 6 million dollar loss, under Keylon it has surpassed 40 million. Kosovec now looks like a genius , he must be laughing his @SS off.

You say several things that simply are not true. Kosovec never thought Vitran had "endless pockets". Kosovec knew exactly how much money we had, he is a CPA by trade. Kosovec made mistakes, the Milan purchase was in my opinion the biggest one though Gaetz was the one who demanded it happen with his vision of making us a national player. Milan was a flea ridden $hithole carrier with rotten facilities and nasty equipment. But I am straying from my point which is this. If anyone does not have a grasp on our financial matters, it would be Mr. Keylon. A bad year under Kosovec was a 6 million dollar loss, under Keylon it has surpassed 40 million. Kosovec now looks like a genius , he must be laughing his @SS off.
ahh, the good old days.