SEARS BANKRUPTCY COMING

i did a LOT of shopping at sears, tools, appliances, clothing, etc.

when they announced the stores near me were closing, in all reality, i couldn't have given a flip.

the owner of the sears company, went public many years ago when they were taking a nose dive. he publicly stated that the reason why he bought out sears, was for the land the stores were on, and nothing else.

sears does not own all the land all the stores are built on, so that asswipe new owner back then, just wanted what he was entitled to.

same thing when my favorite computer store was going up for sale (comp-USA), i just stopped going there, and went online to shop for what i needed.

same thing with Radio Shack, another store i would frequent...

once a store announces a closing, i find no rhyme nor reason to continue shopping there, not even for clearance sales, as ALL sales are final, what do i do in the event of a warranty claim, or returning the product for exchange or a refund.???

the days of customer loyalty are long gone from my minds eye..

many retail giants are not family owned anymore, it's all stockholders and investors, and holding companies.

they have NO RESPECT for us as consumers, i have none for them.

same with walmart....someday...it WILL FALL as well..........it's inevitable, like all other retailers.

so Sears going bankrupt......pfftt.....the owner gets to sell off what property he owns (or he may have put all that property into yet another holding company, free from bankruptcy proceedings...

i could care less.

I loved the old Sears. I have a 1982 Craftsman GT18 garden tractor that's mowed, hauled, plowed snow for 35 years with a belt replacement being the only repair, still going strong. I can still remember the small town Sears salesman I dealt with, his name was Frank and he was a great guy. After we shopped Sears we'd go next door to a small family owned department store that had a lunch counter and grab some lunch. It was an enjoyable leisurely experience. It's all gone now. All that matters now is cell phones. It's sad.

And don't forget the Sears Catalog!

NCi0aEJ.jpg

:crybaby:

Read an article too that said ,Eddie Lampert holds 31 percent of the stock,and has already offered like 400 million dollars for the Kenmore appliance, and their home improvement lines. Basically,looks like he could buy these for pennies on the dollar in bankruptcy. Planned?? I think so??

Sears should print a catalog with some photos of 'Wardrobe Malfunctions' like the famous 'Man on page 602' of years gone by. That would spark some interest & just might increase sales. I read that Sears sales to women increased a huge amount after the publicity surrounding the men's underwear page.

for that guy to buy the sears kenmore name, will NOT get me back into any stores that reopen.

kenmore appliances are Whirlpool, god only knows all the other places to buy whirlpool products. there will always be a service company to repair anything made by whirlpool.

in fact, several mom'pop stores and other larger retailers here, also have thier own service depts.

if anything at all, maybe sears will "return" as an online only retailer.

then any major appliance someone buys, will be shipped to a trucking company for deliveries.

for that guy to buy the sears kenmore name, will NOT get me back into any stores that reopen.

kenmore appliances are Whirlpool, god only knows all the other places to buy whirlpool products. there will always be a service company to repair anything made by whirlpool.

in fact, several mom'pop stores and other larger retailers here, also have thier own service depts.

if anything at all, maybe sears will "return" as an online only retailer.

then any major appliance someone buys, will be shipped to a trucking company for deliveries.

I have seen a few Kenmore appliances that were built by GE but very few. I repaired two Kenmore appliances that were in fact GE built. The parts I found fit GE models also.
I had not thought about Sears being an online retailer but that makes sense with so much online shopping.

I have seen a few Kenmore appliances that were built by GE but very few. I repaired two Kenmore appliances that were in fact GE built. The parts I found fit GE models also.
I had not thought about Sears being an online retailer but that makes sense with so much online shopping.
when i was in my earlier years of driving, i was with ComTrans, (a company driver division of North American Van Lines) and i had to pick up a full trailer load from Whirlpool (forget where the factory was, i am only guessing it was in OH) and had to deliver them to CA, via the dreaded Rte 6 by-pass in Vail CO.

i fully remember that trip, taking that by-pass, due to a jerkwad JB Hunt driver, backing out of the Eisenhower tunnel....and i had a quick decision to make....lol

then we have always had Kenmore appliances and the repairman (Sears) told us each appliance we had were Whirlpools..

can't say we ever had any other branded appliance from Sears..

good to know, other makers were in on that deal.

hopefully lowes does something decent with craftsman, the last decade of chinese craftsman have killed a lot of loyalty, but if i could walk into a brick and mortar for us made tools again, id jump all over it.
i sold off nearly all my mechanics tools, long ago.

only to hit up Lowes for thier brand, Kobalt, which i like.

i do have some craftsman tools as well, i got those long before the closings.

my tools do not get the same use and abuse as the snap-on, mac, and s&k that i had way back when.

in fact, i hardly ever use them for any car repairs, as the dealership takes care of my car.

when i was in my earlier years of driving, i was with ComTrans, (a company driver division of North American Van Lines) and i had to pick up a full trailer load from Whirlpool (forget where the factory was, i am only guessing it was in OH) and had to deliver them to CA, via the dreaded Rte 6 by-pass in Vail CO.

i fully remember that trip, taking that by-pass, due to a jerkwad JB Hunt driver, backing out of the Eisenhower tunnel....and i had a quick decision to make....lol

then we have always had Kenmore appliances and the repairman (Sears) told us each appliance we had were Whirlpools..

can't say we ever had any other branded appliance from Sears..

good to know, other makers were in on that deal.
You are correct on Whirlpool in Ohio, we have 3 different ones here in N.W. Ohio, And you didn't like the bypass in Co. don't know what ya talking about driver lol

You are correct on Whirlpool in Ohio, we have 3 different ones here in N.W. Ohio, And you didn't like the bypass in Co. don't know what ya talking about driver lol
if i recall, it was my first time going west on that upper route, as opposed to I-40...

also, i was not exactly highly experienced either.

it was a cool spring time, and i had the windows rolled down, and the a/c on full blast, and i was still sweating.....

i think at the time, i only had about 3 months experience, and that was my second job, and i had a co-driver, a young guy from the farms of PA, that was going to be turning 21 in short time, and so they teamed me up with him, cuz i was older and "more experienced"..??

good god.......

How the heck did you raise those big guys in a one bathroom house???
It was "interesting" times..

We put an extra toilet in a closet at the time. Since, remodeled a kitchen and bedroom into a huge kitchen and small laundry room that has a wash basin and toilet too.

This year we remodeled the bathroom too. The envy of Better Homes and Gardens, with a tiled, custom 4'x5' walk in shower. We can give the Great Danes baths in it!

Last edited:
I loved the old Sears. I have a 1982 Craftsman GT18 garden tractor that's mowed, hauled, plowed snow for 35 years with a belt replacement being the only repair, still going strong. I can still remember the small town Sears salesman I dealt with, his name was Frank and he was a great guy. After we shopped Sears we'd go next door to a small family owned department store that had a lunch counter and grab some lunch. It was an enjoyable leisurely experience. It's all gone now. All that matters now is cell phones. It's sad.

I still have a 73 SS16/ 2cyl Onan, my dad bought, never removed a cylinder head, cut 10 billion acres.
My brother and his wife had 38 and 39 yrs in management with Sears, did very well on their profit sharing
and retirement, retired about the same time I did.
We had an 8 HP tiller on the 3 point hitch with it, can't remember what ever came of that thing.

I still have a 73 SS16/ 2cyl Onan, my dad bought, never removed a cylinder head, cut 10 billion acres.
My brother and his wife had 38 and 39 yrs in management with Sears, did very well on their profit sharing
and retirement, retired about the same time I did.
We had an 8 HP tiller on the 3 point hitch with it, can't remember what ever came of that thing.

This is a 72 or 73 not sure. Onan engine, still an animal blowing snow.

32057010244_f02b27f266_k.jpg

Working as a city driver at Roadway in the eighties, me and my pumpkin delivered to Sears, Montgomery Wards, and J.C.Penny. At one time I would go out with over thirty bills, go to my first stop Kmart and get off twenty bills. At some time in the future Walmart will be gone and there will be a new retail leader.