Central Transport | Season greeting from manny

vijax

TB Lurker
Credits
we were told Friday by our terminal manager that we will not be paid this year 2013 for the day after thanksgiving or Christmas eve. we can work if we want or take a pto or vacation day if you want to get paid. correct me if im wrong, didn't the letter we receive from d.k. say everything will stay the same till the end of the year? I guess the Manny is showing his true colors.

we were told Friday by our terminal manager that we will not be paid this year 2013 for the day after thanksgiving or Christmas eve. we can work if we want or take a pto or vacation day if you want to get paid. correct me if im wrong, didn't the letter we receive from d.k. say everything will stay the same till the end of the year? I guess the Manny is showing his true colors.
The pay would stay the same......Benefits were never addressed if I remember correctly.

insurance would stay the same til the end of the year. try to get everyone to the c.t. barns before holidays so once you sign tax forms, you're officially under c.t. pay and rules.

insurance would stay the same til the end of the year. try to get everyone to the c.t. barns before holidays so once you sign tax forms, you're officially under c.t. pay and rules.
When your losing 5 million dollars a month from your new purchase and your a Billionaire you do what you must to stop the bleeding.....I expected it and I'm not surprised....Matthew saved many jobs so in the big picture he's not such a bad man.....H.E. would you care to guess how much money he's losing a month as of right now? I bet Matthew knows.....almost down to the last penny. Part of Chris Keylons downfall was he didn't know or care....either way it really doesn't matter now. But honestly H.E. rather we were on board with the paper work or not we weren't going to get those holidays anyway.

most of the losses from the V was decisions from the top and compensation for the top as well, just tired of the workers at the bottom paying for the mistakes.

most of the losses from the V was decisions from the top and compensation for the top as well, just tired of the workers at the bottom paying for the mistakes.
Do you think Chris Keylon could have created a business model like Manny? He made poor decisions from day one in my opinion. From the new corporate offices to over paid executives. And yes, we paid the price while only his pride took a hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only way this company gets turned around is by change. How many employees does this company have 2000-3000? At $15/hr, if 2500 employees got one days paid it would cost $300,000. I am willing to give up holiday pay to help this company grow and prosper. Hell I am going to work Thanksgiving morning for a while, and probably a bit the day after thanksgiving when I have a vaca day scheduled. I don't want another uncertain future, I want to do everything I can to make this company one of the best and most profitable ones there is.

Only way this company gets turned around is by change. How many employees does this company have 2000-3000? At $15/hr, if 2500 employees got one days paid it would cost $300,000. I am willing to give up holiday pay to help this company grow and prosper. Hell I am going to work Thanksgiving morning for a while, and probably a bit the day after thanksgiving when I have a vaca day scheduled. I don't want another uncertain future, I want to do everything I can to make this company one of the best and most profitable ones there is.
God....We need more like you.

Haha because Matty appreciates your thoughtfulness...

you can even use my truck. lol.

Corporate America would like to say thank you. It's people like you that make it possible to drive wages and benefits down for the people at the bottom, while those at the top see an ever increasing salary.

Obviously I was raised a little different than you all. I try to take ownership of my job. I always try to give 100%. I try to stay positive. Most importantly I don't have that sense of entitlement so many do today. Gimme gimme gimme while I do as little as possible to earn it and ***** the whole time. Laugh, joke, whatever you wanna call it. I know what type of man I am and know I'm giving my all to make this company better. Your opinion of me means less than nothing to me. ***** on.......

Obviously I was raised a little different than you all. I try to take ownership of my job. I always try to give 100%. I try to stay positive. Most importantly I don't have that sense of entitlement so many do today. Gimme gimme gimme while I do as little as possible to earn it and ***** the whole time. Laugh, joke, whatever you wanna call it. I know what type of man I am and know I'm giving my all to make this company better. Your opinion of me means less than nothing to me. ***** on.......
You can never please everyone. In fact, if you please 50 percent of the people, you are doing quite well....Needing approval is tantamount to saying, "Your view of me is more important than my own opinion of myself." F em........Good post.

central will never change..this company would have been out of business years ago if manny wasn't billionaire.

central will never change..this company would have been out of business years ago if manny wasn't billionaire.
As you are entitled to your opinion...So am I...I believe things can change.........I view negative post as Neurotic behavior....I will keep saying this over and over...Neurotics are looking for problems....They want things to get worse....They want to be right.....Whatever!!!

You sir need a hand shake!

A high five and chest bump as well...We can turn this company into a premium LTL company in time.....When you argue for your limitations, all you get are your limitations.

A high five and chest bump as well...We can turn this company into a premium LTL company in time.....When you argue for your limitations, all you get are your limitations.

Your assuming they want to turn it into a premium company. CT is a privately held company, we have no idea if they have ever made a dime in profit. It could be used purely as a tax deduction for the Moroun's other enterprises. The amount of freight backing up is unreal not to mention the missed pick-ups, lack of scanners, and so on and yet no sense of urgency from CT. If you want to give 125%, and you want to sacrifice time with your family on a holiday for CT that's your choice.....they have a word for that though.....its called being NAIVE.

I'm reminded of the driver who received a "chasing greatness" award for coming to work even though his mother had just died. This thing we do is just a job and nothing more. I can assure if I were in that situation the last thing I would be concerned with is showing up for work.

Last edited by a moderator: