FedEx Freight | Seat Belts???

rockytopvols

TB Lurker
Credits
Did any of you know that FedEx counts seat belts as a moving violation? Seat Belts are non-moving violations but FedEx counts them as moving violations. I think that if your state sees them as a non-moving violation then that is what it should be. :Rulz: Be aware that if you are in your personal vehicle and get a ticket for not wear your seat belt and your passengers are not wearing then and you get a ticket(s) FedEx will count those as moving violations. What do you think?

Did any of you know that FedEx counts seat belts as a moving violation? Seat Belts are non-moving violations but FedEx counts them as moving violations. I think that if your state sees them as a non-moving violation then that is what it should be. :Rulz: Be aware that if you are in your personal vehicle and get a ticket for not wear your seat belt and your passengers are not wearing then and you get a ticket(s) FedEx will count those as moving violations. What do you think?

Use you seat belt and no problem. FedEx counts them as moving violations because they got educated to some states issuing seat belt tickets instead of speeding tickets.Thats why they treat them the same now.

Yes, your right, they do count seat belt tickets as moving violations in there records. Did you also know, if you get a speeding ticket and get supervision, or get out of it however, that also goes against your records with fedex. they don't recognize supervision. If there is any money exchanged with the courts, it goes against your record with fedex.

Now, if you got three seat belt tickets and two speeding tickets in let's say two years, and you got out of all the tickets, there going to want to fire you because of there rules, NOT THE LAW"S, but there rules:chairshot:

Any lawyer would laugh at this, and jump all over this case.:biglaugh:

It seems in my eye's, fedex will try anything to pay out $$$ in lawsuits???, and i alway's welcome a little vacation, with back pay, preferebly in may or june.:smilie_132:

Thats what they told us in training in dallas in april. They said if you are in your car and get a ticket then that is a moving violation. They said anything to do with you in your car is a moving violation. If youv'e been drinking and you go to sleep in a parking lot they said it would count for a DWI. Becasue you turned the car on and that in it's self is enough for DWI.

Just wear your seatbelts at all times, guys. You won't get any gruff from anyone at FedEx about that.

Always remember:

Safety's the key to accident free!
When in doubt, safety wins out!
The chance taker is the accident maker!
Safety comes in cans...I can, you can, we all can!
Think safety in all ways and on all days!

If you see another driver not wearing his safety belt, don't hesitate to inform management. You could save a life! :1036316054:

My post has nothing to do with fedex ... its what happen to me

When I worked for Tyson Foods many years ago hauling feed in 18 wheeler augar tank trucks many drivers were turning these over, we went in all weather.. chain up chickens gota eat. You start thinking about wearing a seat belt. ....I didn't turn one over ...but replaced a few seat covers.

When you come up in the middle of nowhere and find a car wreck thats has rolled....and ejected dead bodys laying about .....You think I'll start wearing my seat belt ...always.

At he county fair one year the sheriffs office had a pickup cab on a machine that would spin it.
and without seat belts the kid dummie came out before it had completed a full turn ...and mommie and daddy came out in a couple of turns ..... I was thinking ...seat belt

You need to make your own choice about wearing a seat belt ...... this is how I made mine ....and AF, FEDEX. state law, federal law has nothing to do with MY choice ...I wear one!

IMHO, FedEx will give you a violation for not wiping your butt correctly!:argue:

THAT IS SO TRUE!! LOL Also if you ever loose your driving priviledge with Fedex you can NEVER drive for them again. You are back on the dock permanetly.

Yes, seat belts do save lives but I just wanted to see if others knew about it. Hell with the state laws you have to go by FedEx laws.

At FXFE, you are required to wear your seatbelt at all times, even on the yard while dropping out, hooking up, etc. Each time you get in the drivers seat, even if only to back the dolly under the rear trailer, you are required to fasten your seatbelt.

Many of you may not be aware of this since it's rarely enforced or even mentioned to my knowledge, but it's a fact. TECHNICALLY, if something happened on the yard and you did not have your seatbelt on, you're busted!

If you have doubts or questions on this, ask your supervisor/ccm, or ask them to question HRO on this. I was informed of this one morning while hooking up and asked why my seatbelt was not on. I thought it was a joke. It was not. :hissyfit:

THAT IS SO TRUE!! LOL Also if you ever loose your driving priviledge with Fedex you can NEVER drive for them again. You are back on the dock permanetly.

Better check the policy; I believe once you're disqualified from driving, you're out of the truck for three years, then have to meet the minimum hiring requirements to get back in as a driver. That's at east anyway, if I understand correctly.

oaf

Better check the policy; I believe once you're disqualified from driving, you're out of the truck for three years, then have to meet the minimum hiring requirements to get back in as a driver. That's at east anyway, if I understand correctly.

oaf

If your disqualified from driving you will NEVER driver for FEDEX ever and that was per safety in Harrison. You know how they change policies when ever they want. So basically you would be a dock worker at FedEx but could to other trucking companies and get on somewhere else.

That is just so stupid!!!!

My post has nothing to do with fedex ... its what happen to me

When I worked for Tyson Foods many years ago hauling feed in 18 wheeler augar tank trucks many drivers were turning these over, we went in all weather.. chain up chickens gota eat. You start thinking about wearing a seat belt. ....I didn't turn one over ...but replaced a few seat covers.

When you come up in the middle of nowhere and find a car wreck thats has rolled....and ejected dead bodys laying about .....You think I'll start wearing my seat belt ...always.

At he county fair one year the sheriffs office had a pickup cab on a machine that would spin it.
and without seat belts the kid dummie came out before it had completed a full turn ...and mommie and daddy came out in a couple of turns ..... I was thinking ...seat belt

You need to make your own choice about wearing a seat belt ...... this is how I made mine ....and AF, FEDEX. state law, federal law has nothing to do with MY choice ...I wear one!

My personal experience happened in '89, at that point I sometimes wore my belt , sometimes not.

One Saturday morning after leaving a part-time job as a manager at Pantera's I pulled to a stop at a light, for some reason I put my belt on, the light turned and I made a left and proceeded through the next light at the foot of the hill, a lady came from under the overpass at the light and didn't yield hitting me head on on the drivers side, hard enough it buckled the floor board, left a nice starp mark across my chest, the lady in the other car injured her legs and her boyfriend hit the rearview and windshield with his head, relatively minor injuries considering but it made a beleiver out of me. Her kids were knocked around in the rear seat but ok.

FM