Reddaway | Seattle losing freight to Tacoma

Lance

TB Lurker
Credits
That's right, on FEB 21st all feight south of 277th will be moving to Tacoma. Actually this move does make sense since some Seattle people do not want to help Reddaway but to " take the company down with them."
So sorry but it looks like only Seattle may be taken down. A few smart Seattle drivers and dockworkers will be given the chance to join Tacoma's, non-union family. This move will give Tacoma some 60 more inbound shipments and over 150 outbound shipments. Great news for Tacoma's Line which will be increasing while Seattle's line will be home, waiting on call. Wise up Seattle, take the 15% cut while you are still apart of Reddaway!!!

This is merely an attack on the union.
Don't mistake your discount wages as an actuality that it's really easier to run that area out of TAC.
It is not the employee wages that will "take the company down." It will be taken down by the retarded decisions of management, and the cowardice of letting YRC rob, ****, and pillage the place.
You cannot downsize and discount yourself, as a trucking company, back into prosperity.
Union or non-union, the workers won't be the cause of why this great company will be gone soon.
Labor should never have to pay for management's mistakes, but somehow, they always do.
Get off your Tacoma high horse and realize this latest brilliant move, in true YRC fashion, is only delaying the inevitable.

Don't mistake your discount wages as an actuality that it's really easier to run that area out of TAC.
It is not the employee wages that will "take the company down." It will be taken down by the retarded decisions of management, and the cowardice of letting YRC rob, ****, and pillage the place.
You cannot downsize and discount yourself, as a trucking company, back into prosperity.
Union or non-union, the workers won't be the cause of why this great company will be gone soon.
Labor should never have to pay for management's mistakes, but somehow, they always do.
Get off your Tacoma high horse and realize this latest brilliant move, in true YRC fashion, is only delaying the inevitable.

Once a great company is right. It's sad to see what is happening...

I know I used to bust my butt day in and day out and now I pretty much sit on my hands as much as possible, All the old Reddaway guy's I know all say the same thing it's not Reddaway any more.

Once a great company is right. It's sad to see what is happening...
Amen to that................
Reddaway used to own the west coast. It was managed well; it's size, power, and ability were respected; dare I say, revered.
We owned 40% of the west coast market; that's a statistical fact from independent market survey companies.
Rolling down the road, you'd come across 4 Reddaway trucks for every 1 of the closest competitor, Viking.
The sad part Skeeter, is that YRC is a bunch of destructive jerkoffs, and this is happening cause the rich wanted to be richer, so they approved the sale of USF.

We'll follow Seattle....

We're with you Seattle. Any movement of your freight to Tacoma, we're support any action necessary to stop such an unfair labor practice. (Strike, etc.) If the company wants to commit 'Oak Harbor *******', all they need to do is move some union jobs to a non-union terminal, and it will all shut down.....

probably should of voted for the pay cut, What makes you think your special? I know your argument but it wont work right now.So pick up a bucket and start helping us bail out the water and save this sinking ship, then go back to your better than everybody else self.....but really you didn't see this coming? Why would they pay you guys to run the frieght when the nons do it cheaper?BTW whatever the nons can't move, swift and knight will get the rest. It sucks I know but 15% less is better than 100% less...

probably should of voted for the pay cut, What makes you think your special? I know your argument but it wont work right now.So pick up a bucket and start helping us bail out the water and save this sinking ship, then go back to your better than everybody else self.....but really you didn't see this coming? Why would they pay you guys to run the frieght when the nons do it cheaper?BTW whatever the nons can't move, swift and knight will get the rest. It sucks I know but 15% less is better than 100% less...
Since I specifically answered the thread with the intent on not getting sucked in by the bait put out by some non that thinks there is sides to be taken between union and non, I won't bite at your bait either. First of all, I don't think I'm special; you have no idea who I am or how I voted. Your boss, that you think will take care of you till the end of time, is ecstatic when you try to stir:stirthepot: the pooshit with a union employee; it plays right into their game plan.
I shall not attempt to convince you that you're attacking the wrong person. But I'd like to know what you interpreted in my post as me being "better than everybody else self."
There isn't a bucket big enough to bail this ship, YRC has more water than WE will ever be able to handle TOGETHER.
Lastly, 15% must suck I agree, but this accepting attitude is exactly what the company loves, cause they know they can always come back for more without resistance. Where to you draw the line? Chicago drew the line at 10%, and after standing up to YRC twice and saying "no more", it will stay at the 10% for the remainder of the contract.
Bravo Chicago, thanks for sending a message to the voting members of Reddaway.

Hard Decisions

I truly DON'T want to rain on anyone's parade, but I wouldn't use the Chicago 705 situation as an example of holding the line. The International and YRC came up with proposal that let 705 vote on only the pension concessions. Understand that YRC has GUTTED the work formerly performed by 705 and farmed it out to Bolingbrook, Libertyville, and Montgomery. By the time the layoffs at 705 are through there will be fewer than 100 drivers (Wheeling and Chicago Heights) active! Also the IBT and YRC STILL have not resolved the second MOU with the 710 dock contract.

There have been promises to return that work, although I'm not holding my breath.
As with us, if the work has been gutted, wouldn't you try and salvage what you can out of it?

Since I specifically answered the thread with the intent on not getting sucked in by the bait put out by some non that thinks there is sides to be taken between union and non, I won't bite at your bait either. First of all, I don't think I'm special; you have no idea who I am or how I voted. Your boss, that you think will take care of you till the end of time, is ecstatic when you try to stir:stirthepot: the pooshit with a union employee; it plays right into their game plan.
I shall not attempt to convince you that you're attacking the wrong person. But I'd like to know what you interpreted in my post as me being "better than everybody else self."
There isn't a bucket big enough to bail this ship, YRC has more water than WE will ever be able to handle TOGETHER.
Lastly, 15% must suck I agree, but this accepting attitude is exactly what the company loves, cause they know they can always come back for more without resistance. Where to you draw the line? Chicago drew the line at 10%, and after standing up to YRC twice and saying "no more", it will stay at the 10% for the remainder of the contract.
Bravo Chicago, thanks for sending a message to the voting members of Reddaway.

1st of all, I know you would have voted NO just by reading your post. 2nd of all I am not trying to do the union,non uinon thing, but you sound pissed because seattle getting"starved out." This is merely an attack on the union" is what you said... Stand up ,be proud for biteing the hand that feeds you, but don't cry when it's feeding time and all you get is crumbs:spam1::spam1:

1st of all, I know you would have voted NO just by reading your post. 2nd of all I am not trying to do the union,non uinon thing, but you sound pissed because seattle getting"starved out." This is merely an attack on the union" is what you said... Stand up ,be proud for biteing the hand that feeds you, but don't cry when it's feeding time and all you get is crumbs:spam1::spam1:
It's fine if we disagree, but I did vote, and it wasn't no. The union doesn't pay my bills for me. So you don't know how I would have voted.
So I can see you choose not to believe and honest answer, and choose not to see that's it's too little, too late for Reddaway.
90 years worth of pride and progress...........down the drain............thanks YRC

USFTRUCKER is 100% right on this issue.
terminal managers are now trying to figure out how to cut man hours by bumping start times on productive workers 1 hour later.everyone knows what this means-thats right more bring backs because we will be getting pickups much earlyer because we LOST a HOUR.reddaway managment dont give a rats AAAAAAA anymore and all the good drivers are getting infected by it.
you boyzzzz in TAC better get ready for some serious butt busting in fewer hours and less pay because they will not put enough drivers on to cover it..................:guiness:

You'll follow Seattle.....right. You and every other Reddaway employee will do what they are told! Seattle may their own choice by not taking the 15% cut. When Tacoma's operational area grows later this month nothing will happen. The freight will be delivered and picked up and Reddaway's doors will remain open. If you don't like it...FIND ANOTHER JOB!
One last thought, a strike would only help the non-union Reddaway Terminals who would drive in to keep the freight moving.

You're wrong dave7v, Tacoma is increasing their driver pool to cover the increase in freight. There have already been Seattle drivers and dockworkers showing up for interviews to join Team Tacoma. The union can't be all that great up there in Seattle if union members are willing to leave it for Tacoma.

While you guys are ignoring the facts, don't forget to ignore the union filing a ULP with the NLRB, and Seattle getting that work back.
My only fear is that the pace at which the NLRB moves, it'll be too late for Reddaway's life span.
Just so I don't have to make two post out of this for the guys that say it won't happen........Oak Harbor just had some major rulings against the company for some big work diversions that it has been doing the past year, among them, line work diverted from Portland all the way to sc@bby Redding.

I just got a message from our BA and he told me that the movement of work from Seattle to Tacoma is NOT going to happen. Evidently it is an agreement between the IBT and YRC that this move will not happen. Reddaway has nothing to say about it. Looks like the Union comes through again!!!! Take that all of you nons!!!!! And no, I will not forget how you acted about them taking good jobs and moving them to the slums.

I just got a message from our BA and he told me that the movement of work from Seattle to Tacoma is NOT going to happen. Evidently it is an agreement between the IBT and YRC that this move will not happen. Reddaway has nothing to say about it. Looks like the Union comes through again!!!! Take that all of you nons!!!!! And no, I will not forget how you acted about them taking good jobs and moving them to the slums.

Great News!! :clap::clap::guiness::clap::clap:

Sorry grumpy42 but you are wrong. The movement of work will still happen on Feb 21st. Seattle is also losing 12 line haul bids. That will put the loss of jobs at Seattle to over 20. So sorry.....