Second Shift Food/Freight

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,
I have a question in our industry I know there are 3rd shift jobs, usually shuttle and some key drop stuff, but are there any second shift food driving jobs? Like maybe key drops at schools or day time places that are not open for dinner? I know the grocery store trucks run around the clock like Talon Logistics never stops, but like have any of you guys ever gone out and had like a second shift shuttle bid or delivery bid?

Like I used to work second shift and the more I think about it the more I liked it in away. I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn, but at the same time I didn't have to be out all night either it was really kind of nice in a way. I worked third shift too didn't much care for that, but second wasn't really all that awful all things considered and I would do it again.

Like freight work is there a second shift line haul run or do some of the freight companies have like second shift pick up and delivery stuff like maybe lighter loads or smaller things so they send you out in a straight truck to pick up odd ball customers? Just wondering.

Thank you
Mike

Idk Mike, I used to start at noon at American Freightways when I first hired on, then I got a 1030 start, I guess thats 2nd shift, as far as food, in my experience its early first shift or 3rd shift shuttle or key drop.

We have a couple of routes that dispatch at 2100-2130. I think that is insane. They leave that early mostly due to the 4-5 hour drive to the first stop.

Our few shuttles start around 1430, so they can be dropped for the delivery drivers to start at a normal hour. A shuttle day here is about 13 hours, so you are still on some effed up schedule.

Maines, Papa John's, Dominio's. Those are mainly second shift types. When I worked for PDS(Wendy's supplier, now out of business), the earliest a truck left the yard was noon. My start time was 4pm, 3 days a week.

Mains is hiring like crazy here in Cleveland, ads on the radio all the time for drivers. There yard is not far from where I work right now.

Mains is hiring like crazy here in Cleveland, ads on the radio all the time for drivers. There yard is not far from where I work right now.

Team driving, long routes, 20-30 hours, logging sleeper well you actually unload, sleeping well truck is moving, driving tired. Have fun, LOL. Been there, done that. Team food service is a joke! Been there, done that.

Yeah we're truck drivers, we work 2 outta 3 shifts, better to ask what shift you're off.

Sent from my smelly armpit using Tapatalk

RR was just sad he never got to cuddle with his team driver lol. That's why he hates it lol.

I couldn't do team driving. I've thought about running team with a friend of mine but we never did. Also I wouldn't want to work 2nd shift. Either nights like I do now or early morning starts. I want my evenings home with the family

RR was just sad he never got to cuddle with his team driver lol. That's why he hates it lol.

I couldn't do team driving. I've thought about running team with a friend of mine but we never did. Also I wouldn't want to work 2nd shift. Either nights like I do now or early morning starts. I want my evenings home with the family
My team driver at WDS(Papa John's) WAS a good friend of mine. Never let your friends talk you into driving team with them, especially in food service, LOL.

I would team with you sweet pea...we best have a big sleeper so I could chase you around, when you get caught its sugars and hershey bars all over the damn place....LOL!!!