ABF | Security camera's on dock

145'er 4 life

TB Lurker
Credits
this just in, we hear some terminals have full hd camera's installed that can see and look "live" into trailers and onto the dock. We got word we will be getting them here soon.. What are people's opinion

They have them at 050.
Never had any discipline exclusively from their use. They did use them to prove a case once. But they somehow fell into disrepair when a brother got his pickup broken into right in from of that same camera that watches the walk in gate. We just had another brothers truck broken into this week.
Supposedly someone from off site has used them to call out guys standing around. It really is up to how malicious and diligent the local management is at using them.

Too late now. They were voted in in the last contract
You know, the one nobody bothered to fully read
You know almost no one read the contract. When our paychecks started coming on friday almost everone was freaking out saying,"we never voted for that!" And the part where they can fire you with no coaberation, sure I spelled that wrong, but you get the point. Needless givebacks with nothing in return was what we got.

I have heard that installing cameras on the dock(s) causes an instant but temporary bump in productivity and that using them for discipline is a rare occasion (if ever).

I have heard that installing cameras on the dock(s) causes an instant but temporary bump in productivity and that using them for discipline is a rare occasion (if ever).
Heard were getting them. Now they wonder why everyone is so negative about ABF, city fleet is a rolling junk yard & same forklifts are there for at least 9 years and are constantly broke & they spend money on cameras....

Too late now. They were voted in in the last contract
You know, the one nobody bothered to fully read
The company cannot just install security cameras, along with the proper signs, letting people know the property is under surveillance ?

Heard were getting them. Now they wonder why everyone is so negative about ABF, city fleet is a rolling junk yard & same forklifts are there for at least 9 years and are constantly broke & they spend money on cameras....
I don't see what they expect to gain from putting cameras on our little docks where we have no problems to start with. No theft, no sleeping out there, what do they expect to gain? They're self insured so it's not like they expect to earn savings on insurance bills. :shrug:

Look at it this way. They wouldn't spend the money to install all these cameras if they were thinking of closing. Sysco has cameras everywhere. They can watch me pick my nose or scratch and sniff. Especially sniff.
Next time do what the kid did in Caddyshack. They started a betting pool based on what he was gonna do with his 'bugger'. Not saying you should do the same, but hey , make it look real for the camera.

These are the things good You-Tube videos are made of......
Looks like I'll have to start wearing my "Gay (⊙▃⊙)s For Jesus" hat on the dock....... guaranteed to offend everyone.
If I'm going to be on video, ........then I'm definitely going to offend everyone.....

Scratch, sniff......and taste......

These are the things good You-Tube videos are made of......
Looks like I'll have to start wearing my "Gay (⊙▃⊙)s For Jesus" hat on the dock....... guaranteed to offend everyone.
If I'm going to be on video, ........then I'm definitely going to offend everyone.....

Scratch, sniff......and taste......

"Gay (⊙▃⊙)s For Jesus" Not that is funny. Send that to Larry in Nebraska. I bet he will use it.

And you would be surprised what those ELDs can do in the linehaul trucks. Makes cameras no big deal.

And you would be surprised what those ELDs can do in the linehaul trucks. Makes cameras no big deal.

Hey , they are drastically intent on driving away every potential new hire........Constant surveillance in the name of "safety".....

"If you got nothing to hide, then you shouldn't worry about the surveillance...."

Adolf ಠ▄ಠ and Josef Stalin would be proud........if they weren't burning in Hell.......

I know they are pushing the fact of lost freight or misplaced freight is the issue but really losing all that much over mis loaded freight?? Always seem to happen during hv.