Seeing a Truck Accident Every Other Day

• Thread starter londondrivingschool
  • Start date
L

londondrivingschool

Its totally horrific to see a truck accident around every corner these days, how are these drivers allowed to drive without proper training. I mean driving a truck is a really big deal & these should opt to take driving courses if they are to drive safely and with full control

Maybe it's the quality of training they are receiving!! From what i've seen, half of them shouldn't even be allowedto have a wheel barrow with a flat tire!!!!

The answer is simple. A lot of punks are driving Big trucks these days. You can spot them right away... they have no patience or manners. I know for a fact that any tractor-trailer is dangerous even in the hands of a Professional driver with 20 years of experience. If Law enforcement started enforcing the 300 ft minimum following distance laws, you would see less accidents.

Some of it is shear stupidity...I was driving down the interestate last week. There was a big truck on the shoulder. He puts on his signal and pulls directly into traffic causing several vehicles to slam on their brakes an swerve out of the way. Anyone with half a brain would have gotten up to speed on the shoulder and merge back onto the road...

It's funny that a thread about drivers not being properly trained is started by a person connected to a driving school. Looking for new customers?

London, KY., or some other state?

ANYONE can become a Truck Driver, even ex addicts, and Driving School personnel, as the proof is daily observed/witnessed/posted here at Trucking Boards!!

Truck Driving is not the last bastion of employment however it appears it has become such what with these newbie antagonists we've been seeing and THEY'RE EASILY SPOTTED by their simpleminded maneuvers.

The professionalism in Truck Driving has long since disappeared from the times when Truck Drivers were considered KNIGHTS OF THE ROAD, and before when there WAS a BROTHERHOOD and many Drivers KNEW OF/ABOUT other Drivers.
Now we have the few Union Drivers and the majority of Newbies WITHOUT A CLUE.

Training programs and/or Training Schools sometimes actually teach Truck Driving, while most outfits simply teach "How to pass the CDL tests".

It's sickening to watch these supposed Newbie professionals (since ANYONE can become a "professional truck driver" without any time line other than 2-3 weeks unlike a REAL PROFESSION with Apprentice to Journeyman status and all the Accolades), that CANNOT BACK UP A COMBO without compromising other Drivers, CANNOT PULL FORWARD WITHOUT HITTING SOMETHING (like another Combo in a Fuel Lane), COMPLAIN ABOUT "THIS DOCK IS TOO SMALL, TIGHT", HAVE NO CONCERN FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES (and often not even then), DRIVE a Truck like their personal P. O. S. 4 wheeler zipping in and out of traffic JUST TO GET TO THE NEXT OFF RAMP or pickle park!!

ALL SCHOOLS claim WE'RE THE BEST which is their standard modus operandi for acquiring new students, while most of these training affiliations are no more than simple turnstiles: PAY SO YOU CAN PLAY, SIGN HERE.

Well Here's YOUR sign.
12.gif

CHEERS!!

P.S.

It's not very easy or affordable to run the Breakdown lane to "merge into traffic",
BUT WAITING FOR A LARGE OPEN TRAFFIC SPACE WILL HELP!!

Well as a retired city driver with 45 years,and a bit over 2 million miles,as well as former UPS Freight safety trainer.
I will offer three keys to being a safe driver.#(1) Proper rest before doing anything.
#(2) Focus on everything,what you are doing,your path of travel,and your surroundings.
#(3) Patience any time you see the wheels moving on vehicles around you regardless of who has the legal right away.
Excerise a little patience and avoid a crash.

Keep in mind you spend a lot less time being professional in all you do.
Then going beyond your judgment,and having a life time of regrets.

I started trucking in 1957 and probably trucked during the best....of times not only in trucking ....but the country as well..There were no " schools " back in those days....Young drivers listened to and were helped by older ...wiser drivers....Common sense had a lot to do with trucking....but so did RESPECT....Not only for our equipment ...but also for other truckers and the traveling public as a whole...I drove because of a love for the job ( NEVER once in 45 years did I regret what I was doing or complain about going to work ) and the freedom of not having to punch a time clock....Every day was different from the day before...We also made good money if we were willing to run hard...It started changing in 1980 with deregulation and got progressively worse all through the eighties as the fly by night rate cutters started putting the old stable good paying companies out of business....I retired in 2002 after being a Teamster carhauler for a long time..What I observed the last ten or twelve years I worked was a steady decline in the QUALITY of truckdrivers...especially the ones with the signs on the trailer...( work here 31 to 35 cpm ) I realized that when the rate cutters took over....The wages they could afford to pay went down along with the rates they charged....Not only did the wages go down ....so did the QUALITY of the drivers they were hiring....Lots of people are gonna get mad at my post....but it's the truth....You get what you pay for ...and low pay does not attract top employees....I don't care if it's truckdrivers or any other profession...Thank our government ....Mostly the peanut farmer and the B actor

I totally agree with you Old Tex,& can relate to everything you posted.
I started trucking in 1964,got my union card in 1966,learned everything from the long timers,and retired in 2008.
I can really second your thoughts about deregulation of trucking is what killed the industry.

I trained a few dock workers to drive,and always told them after you pass your CDL test and receive your license.
The only thing left to learn is how to drive,which comes with steering wheel time,which is known as experience being your new teacher.

Adding to me post, WE have those dumb shyts that either never learned (from their training program) or just don't give a flip to use the 4 way flashers ANYTIME STOPPED FOR EMERGENCIES AND WHEN BACKING.
Sometimes I want to just drive by while they're backing because to me they're not moving....until they hit something....and more often than not, they do.

I learned some few bits how to drive CMVs through a school in Tennessee in '98 and MUCH ELSE I LEARNED FROM VETERAN DRIVERS both in person and over the C.B.
Back in the Days when conversing on the Chatter Box WAS FUN, ENTERTAINING and INTELLECTUALLY STIMULATING!!
Now we have the wankers, WHINERS, tossers and SLOBS.
---
I'm still Learning about Truck Driving EVERYDAY.
I KNOW I don't know everything and never will because I've only mainly pulled Dry Vans.
I've dabbled in Flatbeds and Reefers but prefer 53' Dry Van.

I'm Blakowt on Sesame Street.
CHEERS!!