TForce | Seems really wierd midnight 4/30/06 its over?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Same bosses,same equipment,same workers,same everything.

Well except uniforms,and after many years new colors on every piece of equipment.
The big thing will be a change of name,and new RULES,RULES,RULES.

I'm kind of happy being 62 years old at this point in time.

As much as I love driving truck for a living.

Hey no one stays in this business for 43 years like me, unless they really love what their doing.

But being that I'm at retirement age,if I don't like the new program I can bail anytime.

Get whatever I have coming for a pension.
20 years teamsters,20 years Overnite,low end of social security.

Than enjoy staying up as late as I want,and sleeping till noon,also drawing,and driving my wife crazy.

Have fun,be safe,and may the Lord diorect your path it works for me.

Apostolic said:
Same bosses,same equipment,same workers,same everything.

Well except uniforms,and after many years new colors on every piece of equipment.
The big thing will be a change of name,and new RULES,RULES,RULES.

I'm kind of happy being 62 years old at this point in time.

As much as I love driving truck for a living.

Hey no one stays in this business for 43 years like me, unless they really love what their doing.

But being that I'm at retirement age,if I don't like the new program I can bail anytime.

Get whatever I have coming for a pension.
20 years teamsters,20 years Overnite,low end of social security.

Than enjoy staying up as late as I want,and sleeping till noon,also drawing,and driving my wife crazy.

Have fun,be safe,and may the Lord diorect your path it works for me.
Apostolic I love to hear success stories like yours. It really sounds like you are at piece with yourself and I hope only the best for you when you do decide to retire. You have worked hard for your accomplishments. Don't worry about any of the changes that are coming to UPSF. they are rules that have been in place for a long time. most of us were not aware of them until now. but they have always been there. If you put in an honest days work and always try to do right to your fellow man, then you wont have to worry about any rules.

has anyone out there seen/been seeing the new trucks/trailers with upsf on em,or has any even hit the streets/roads yet,just curious as to if they have been out,or if they're waiting till monday for the upsf equipment to hit the roads/streets.have'nt seen any up here in my neck of the woods,but we're the armpit of the company/system up here.

I havent seen any newly branded equipment yet. I have read that they have some ready to go at some of the bigger terminals but I asume that they wont start using them until Monday.

Silverhawk1 said:
I havent seen any newly branded equipment yet. I have read that they have some ready to go at some of the bigger terminals but I asume that they wont start using them until Monday.
thanks,silverhawk,kind of figured that's what they would do,wait till monday,the 1st. launch date,as I had'nt seen any out there.:bgroovy: :wavey: :smilie_132: :cool:

Well if you do deside to bail. you will have something the other retirees don't have.
CHEAP RETIREMENT INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!
Haven't seen it yet, just know what they told us in the meetings.

Columbus OH & Lexington KY have some of the new branded trucks. We got one here in Louisville this week. They have it locked up in the shop untill monday. I herd they were going to put it out in front of the terminal next to the interstate for everyone to see.

I got in this morning and all of the tractors and all of the trailers were being washed in the yard. This was the first time the company washed my new tractor (which is now three months old)

I hope this continutes. Why paint the equiptment if the company doesn't wash it?????????

BUTTONMAN74 said:
has anyone out there seen/been seeing the new trucks/trailers with upsf on em,or has any even hit the streets/roads yet,just curious as to if they have been out,or if they're waiting till monday for the upsf equipment to hit the roads/streets.have'nt seen any up here in my neck of the woods,but we're the armpit of the company/system up here.
Saw a beige colored tractor rolling east on 70 in IL last Thurs nite.

FM

Familyman said:
Saw a beige colored tractor rolling east on 70 in IL last Thurs nite.

FM
There are a few of those floating around with that tan color. Are shop manager said it was a paint scheme that they were considering. but we all know now that tan didn't make the cut.

Silverhawk1 said:
There are a few of those floating around with that tan color. Are shop manager said it was a paint scheme that they were considering. but we all know now that tan didn't make the cut.
Saw one in Billerica a month ago ... sure was ugly ! The new paint job was a good choice !

Apostolic, May I ask you one simple question? with 20 years teamsters and 20 years Overnite, which chech is bigger? good luck sir, and Gods speed.

Yup your all right hopefuly deeper pockets will be better.

The wave of the LTL trucking industry,as far as the economy goes.
Business defecting out of the U.S.,and very high highway use taxes,also the rising oil prices.
God only knows how many trucking companies will be able to survive.

UPS being a global company has a much better chance of hanging on.

Also as far as rules,you've got to have guide lines to have success in any worth while venture.

As for me I've always set a highier standard for everything I do since after becoming an Apostolic Pentecoastal Christian.

I have learned how to have a fantastic life style.
I do everything unto God,and thank him for everything he allows me to have.

I have incredible peace,rest,and joy,no matter whats happening in my life,or whats going on in the world.

Wealth is nice but if you don't have good health what value is any amount of money to you?

I'm forever thanking God for the great health I'm in.

You never really own anything in life anyway.
You've never seen a moving van,or an armored car at a grave sight.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

clutchcargo said:
Well if you do deside to bail. you will have something the other retirees don't have.
CHEAP RETIREMENT INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!
Haven't seen it yet, just know what they told us in the meetings.

Columbus OH & Lexington KY have some of the new branded trucks. We got one here in Louisville this week. They have it locked up in the shop untill monday. I herd they were going to put it out in front of the terminal next to the interstate for everyone to see.

I got in this morning and all of the tractors and all of the trailers were being washed in the yard. This was the first time the company washed my new tractor (which is now three months old)

I hope this continutes. Why paint the equiptment if the company doesn't wash it?????????
NBR new hub. Won't even let us wash our tractors. I asked if this was in the new image system. Best of class or the dirty dozen!

Boats said:
NBR new hub. Won't even let us wash our tractors. I asked if this was in the new image system. Best of class or the dirty dozen!

I get paid at every building I go to to wash my tractor.

UPS wants equiptment rolling out the gate to be clean.

Most building have car washes and you don't evern have to get out if you don't want to.
Just push the button and wash the whole unit, trailer and all

Apolostic, With all due respect sir, would you answer my one simple question that i asked of you earlyer? thank you in advance.

wassesname said:
Apolostic, With all due respect sir, would you answer my one simple question that i asked of you earlyer? thank you in advance.

I can tell you what will be his larger check.
It will be from Overnite.
His Teamstedr pension will be based on his last rate of contribution and the years he has up until the last year contributed and the last rate contributed too.

Based on what he has mentioned it been a long time since he was a Teamster. He will not receive the raises that everyone else received becuase he wasn't a contributory member. He must also have filed a withdrawl card to protect that pension.

His Teamster check will be smaller. It will be based on the rate at the time he stopped contributing too it.
Simple, he won't be screwed by the Teamster witha small check like many of you may think, he will only get what is coming to him.

Hope this clears things up and answers your question, maybe he didn't understand you or missed the question all together.

T251