SEFL | SEFL in Dallas hiring?

Futureman

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone tell me if the Dallas terminal is hiring? I looked on the website and it shows they are but I'm not sure how long they have posted that. From reading some of your threads it looks like they are trying to get drivers to transfer. Do you know if they are looking for "outside" applicants. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fedexman said he called and the lady that answered the phone wouldnt tell him if they were hring or not and also that they dont accept any calls concerning positions. Thought I would ask someone who works for this terminal to see if they have any information. Seems like most of these companies nowadays have secretaries that answer the phone who either dont know how to do their job or care to do it.

A couple of months back they had a sign out front showing that they were looking for p&d drivers but its not up anymore.

Yeah,I was wondering if they had a corporate office you can call to get more info...or like a regional HR guy,maybe that would be better for finding out info...I just want my name in the hat..I filled out an app for the DAL terminal,but I live in Lubbock. I want to relocate,so you see,they may not even consider me,for that reason.

Good luck fedexman! If I ever get any additional information I will let you know. Do you know if the fed-ex terminal in Ft. Worth off blue mound rd is looking to hire anytime soon? I talked to one of their drivers a couple of months ago and he said they usually start looking for additional drivers in march or april, but you know how things can change from month to month.

Man they have had a few rounds of layoffs at that terminal in Ft Worth,I highly doubt that any hiring will be done this Spring,as it is an unusual year. Not hiring like typical years. Thanks for keeping me posted....

Thanks fedexman. Im kind of in the same boat as you except Im already in the metroplex. Its tough tryin to find somethin right now.

While I am here,I was wondering why there aren't any line driver positions open in Texas,only P&D?? I was wanting to apply for ANY position!

Guys-

Southeastern is growing right now.....I also worked at FedEx and my throat was cut. I came over here, and I love it. Dallas service center just hired 3 people, they are in orientation class up there right now as well as one from our center. If there is a job posted for the Dallas terminal, fill out an application online and submit it. Then call and ask for the terminal managers name, and then ask for him and tell him your situation. Probably will take him a couple of weeks to interview you, as buisness grows....they will need more people. I know at my center, I have heard that we would probably need a couple of more if things keep picking up the way they have been. Just keep trying, and if I can do anything for either of you, let me know, and I will do what I can to help. Good luck and God bless.

Update on the Dallas Term

Thanks fedexman. Im kind of in the same boat as you except Im already in the metroplex. Its tough tryin to find somethin right now.

I had a nice chat with a driver out of Tyler and he told me I could talk to the safety guy at Dallas. I called and talked to the safety guy there,believe it was Don. He told me that Dallas as of yesterday (Thurs.) had hired 6 people and that was all that they were going to need for the moment. Not to say that in a month or so they won't be needing more drivers.

I also discussed my situation with him about me being out in Lubbock and wanting to get to Dallas,he had said something like the center manager would probably bypass my app because I am in Lubbock. I didn't think that was kool..but whatever. He asked me why I didn't try and get on at Amarillo when they are hiring again,I told him I was mainly just interested in the Dallas area.

If anyone has any info how or what I should do,don't hesitate to contact me...thanks!

I might be working here if they don't start working me. Can anyone tell me the pay, benefits, options for a driver, etc.

Fedex jobs - Ft Worth

Good luck fedexman! If I ever get any additional information I will let you know. Do you know if the fed-ex terminal in Ft. Worth off blue mound rd is looking to hire anytime soon? I talked to one of their drivers a couple of months ago and he said they usually start looking for additional drivers in march or april, but you know how things can change from month to month.

Fedex Ground in Ft Worth posted a team driving job on 03/22/09. Here's the webite.

FedEx Careers • Job Locator

The Fedex off Blue Mound is Fedex National.

BH