Estes | Self dispatch?

Lenosi

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey, I'm a newbie extraboard driver. My training consisted of two weeks with a P&D driver before being sent out my own. Needless to say I'm learning as I go......

People including central are constantly asking if I self dispatch, but I have no idea how to do that and nobody I've asked has been able to explain it to me. I guess it's something on the tablet, but I've looked around and haven't seen anything. Anyone got any tips?

Hey, I'm a newbie extraboard driver. My training consisted of two weeks with a P&D driver before being sent out my own. Needless to say I'm learning as I go......

People including central are constantly asking if I self dispatch, but I have no idea how to do that and nobody I've asked has been able to explain it to me. I guess it's something on the tablet, but I've looked around and haven't seen anything. Anyone got any tips?
If you’re domiciled out of a select few terminals you have it, most of us don’t.

This place operates like that. They’ll come up with some fancy new thing and give up on it less than halfway through implementation. My manager told us a few years ago “we’re weeks away from being able to self dispatch.” As far as I can tell, they gave it to a handful of terminals and forgot about it.

When we first got the peoplenet system like 8 or 9 years ago they told us “soon you’ll be able to do your dvir on it” and so far we still can’t.

If a load has been assigned to your name, it will show up under workflow on your tablet, click that and if it’s a set of pups it will require you to type your dolly # in the blank space, a 53 you just hit submit, and if they tell you get a set of empties, you input both trailer numbers and the dolly. Wait for message that says “successfully verified the equipment details” you’re good to go. If you get an error message, there was an issue with your arrival, or the equipment you submitted. May need a vin number or license plate number to verify the unit is at the terminal you’re at. Good luck sir.

As far as I know only some northeast terminals have self dispatch. I asked one of the Linehaul dispatchers about 2 years ago when we would all be on it and he laughed and said that the system can barely handle the terminals already on it and can bear no more, so don’t look for it anytime soon.

If you’re domiciled out of a select few terminals you have it, most of us don’t.

This place operates like that. They’ll come up with some fancy new thing and give up on it less than halfway through implementation. My manager told us a few years ago “we’re weeks away from being able to self dispatch.” As far as I can tell, they gave it to a handful of terminals and forgot about it.

When we first got the peoplenet system like 8 or 9 years ago they told us “soon you’ll be able to do your dvir on it” and so far we still can’t.
8 years ago they was talking we was gonna get paid off that

Oh. If that's all self dispatch is, I've been using it since day 1. The only other thing that confuses me right now is when I get a trailer assignment of /MTY and no manifest number. At that point I assume I just grab an empty and check with dispatch for a manifest number? Or do empties not need a number and I should just dispatch myself and be on my way

When you fill in the /MTY with the trailer numbers and submit, if the units are good to go in the system, it automatically creates manifest numbers. Check the linehaul app on your phone to get the manifest numbers. Those go under shipment on the tablet and on your trip sheet

Who's the dumbshit 30 y.o. that designed the self dispatch thing anyway? My guess is the same dumbshit that designed all their technology including the peoplenet pos.