XPO | Selling truckload

Where to start on this one? First, as long as the economy is fairly strong nobody is going out of business, theres a shortage of drivers which is constraining capacity and working in the carriers advantage, so pricing remains strong. Second, after you've been in this business for awhile, you learn all these companies are more or less the same, just the name is different. If Yrc closes tomorrow, I will take a break and draw unemployment as long as I can, then I'll go back to doing the same thing I always have, pickup and deliver freight. Someone else will sign my paycheck, so what. As far as wishing other carriers to go out of business, you're either inmature, inexperienced, or both. If you were smart you'd wish the companies that don't payy time and a half would close up not the ones that do. Duh!!!!

Wishes are for fishes. If I am not happy with my pay, I will leave. Time and a half doesn't always mean more money in the long run. You wish for which companies you want to close and I will work towards closing the ones I want to close. Teamsters has lost so much to in fighting. The competition has run you guys over. Ltl isn't a country club, it's a business. Not one company will sit and wait for you to figure it out.

To survive Yrc demanded money from you, you agreed. I would rather Estes get it from the competition and I will help them in that endeavor.

The only thing drivers need to look at is Fed Ex Ground. That is the future. For all the so called drivers saying what a great deal this is, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. In less then a year Owner Operators will be puling all the freight.

It's on dashboard too
I just checked each one of your posts on this thread and still don't see where you said that you received a qualcom message that said XPO has officially put truckload up for sale.

Side note: Don't let these guys ruffle your feathers. This gloom and doom :horseshit:is the same stuff that we heard over at Holland when YRCW bought us out.......and Holland is still in business.

Wishes are for fishes. If I am not happy with my pay, I will leave. Time and a half doesn't always mean more money in the long run. You wish for which companies you want to close and I will work towards closing the ones I want to close. Teamsters has lost so much to in fighting. The competition has run you guys over. Ltl isn't a country club, it's a business. Not one company will sit and wait for you to figure it out.

To survive Yrc demanded money from you, you agreed. I would rather Estes get it from the competition and I will help them in that endeavor.
Careful what you wish for, cause if you're ever successful in putting the union carriers out, you will soon see significant erosion of your pay and benefits.

Careful what you wish for, cause if you're ever successful in putting the union carriers out, you will soon see significant erosion of your pay and benefits.

That has already happened. In a few more years they will have trucks that drive themselves and " drivers " will just be sitting there monitoring the machine.

I don't think that it's lost on most people that in a few years this will no longer be " a job Americans do ". The powers at be have found away to eliminate yet another blue collar industry. Ten years tops.

That has already happened. In a few more years they will have trucks that drive themselves and " drivers " will just be sitting there monitoring the machine.

I don't think that it's lost on most people that in a few years this will no longer be " a job Americans do ". The powers at be have found away to eliminate yet another blue collar industry. Ten years tops.
Well I think you're absolutely right about the fact that the powers to be would definitely like to get rid of us truck drivers , but I think the time frame will be a little longer than 10 years. Probably more like 15-25 years before they can get everything in place to replace us. Roads have to be significantly upgraded as well as the technology refined. Self driving trucks have to have very clear lines to follow and we all know our roads are not ready for that.

The only thing drivers need to look at is Fed Ex Ground. That is the future. For all the so called drivers saying what a great deal this is, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. In less then a year Owner Operators will be puling all the freight.
Once again - If this was going to happen , wouldn't it happen at FedEx Freight first since the upper management at FedEx has experience and in depth knowledge of finances , operations , and the overall implementation of an owner-operater LTL model?

Once again - If this was going to happen , wouldn't it happen at FedEx Freight first since the upper management at FedEx has experience and in depth knowledge of finances , operations , and the overall implementation of an owner-operater LTL model?
FedEx Freight Canada is, and has always been 100% Owner/Operator. Fairway Canadian Express started as a small cartage outfit with a contract fleet. Watkins, their biggest customer, bought them. 3 years later, FedEx bought Watkins. Memphis has plenty of places to model it off. But it hasn't happened yet.

Yeah, that makes alot of sense. Buy a big trucking company to sit all the drivers and tractors and pay O/O to haul freight. That is NOT going to happen. 3.5 billion for the company, he bought it to use it.

estes? Never heard of her.