XPO | Selling truckload

What exactly are these pal-let ja-cks? I think I've used one a time or two at a customer but there's never one to be found when my shift starts. Plenty of days it's push/pull, rearrange, strap, secure, roll and that's each and time between turning on the ignition.

I'll still have a job here until they have a ride along worker to get the "results" they want. And they'll still have me until the pay decreases one red cent.

What exactly are these pal-let ja-cks? I think I've used one a time or two at a customer but there's never one to be found when my shift starts. Plenty of days it's push/pull, rearrange, strap, secure, roll and that's each and time between turning on the ignition.

I'll still have a job here until they have a ride along worker to get the "results" they want. And they'll still have me until the pay decreases one red cent.

You can put those stupid dashes away. It's XPO now. Not X-P-O.

It's on dashboard too

On top of integration and synergies. Moody's says they expect him to " deleverage ". That doesn't sound good for you at all. I hope you guys are looking out for yourselves. They blasted Con-way for buying that outfit. Now your the failed first round pick with a new head coach and gerenal manager. Odds are strong.

Well I think you're absolutely right about the fact that the powers to be would definitely like to get rid of us truck drivers , but I think the time frame will be a little longer than 10 years. Probably more like 15-25 years before they can get everything in place to replace us. Roads have to be significantly upgraded as well as the technology refined. Self driving trucks have to have very clear lines to follow and we all know our roads are not ready for that.

Building roads got us out of the last Great Depression. What will get us out of this one ?

Yeah, that makes alot of sense. Buy a big trucking company to sit all the drivers and tractors and pay O/O to haul freight. That is NOT going to happen. 3.5 billion for the company, he bought it to use it.
What part of MENLO is the crown jewel of the deal did you not get? He did not buy Conway for the trucking side he bought it for Menlo. All will be known when he revels where Conway ends up in the company. Once he has the Menlo customers he has what he wanted.

What part of MENLO is the crown jewel of the deal did you not get? He did not buy Conway for the trucking side he bought it for Menlo. All will be known when he revels where Conway ends up in the company. Once he has the Menlo customers he has what he wanted.
He just bought a trucking company in Europe and the United States. He bought them for what?

2 months ago how many of us even heard of XPO so who knows if he just wants Menlo or not. One thing you can bet on is those clowns in Ann Arbor know!

I appreciate your perspective, but find it totally wrong.

YRC should have gone under. Obama spent our money so it wouldn't and that is bull :::shit:::. We at Con-way took cuts in pay and lost benefits. Where was our government money ? And we ain't done spending. The biggest pension of them all is busted. And you all are going to destroy the system and take even more tax payer money to fulfill 37% of YRC's broken promises.

Of course everyone was going to want to talk about the largest LTL in the business falling to pieces under it's own weight. It was effecting us all. The world doesn't revolve around just you. The whole rest of all of us do exist. We are real. Check it out.

And you guys prancing around all snooty and talking down to everyone that wasn't union all those years may have had something to do with folks finding pleasure in seeing you knocked down a peg.

As it applies to a cancer patient, apparently you have no experience. The first thing you ask is how long ? The next is, do you want to go somewhere ? Do something ? Can I bring something to you ? Life is precious. Most of us don't know when we are going to go. Could be any moment. These people have a time table. They know the when. And those last few days of freedom before the sickness squeezes the life out of them are amazing and wonderful. The kind that leave a lifetimes worth of memories.

I don't understand how you can see it fit to compare celebrating a life that is ending with a business or a job that has run it's course. A business exists to make money. When it is no longer profitable, it will stop making money. People don't come to work for free. We say that it died or that it is dead, it's because those are terms that hold a certain terminal quality. But it was never alive or living. And no one ever celebrated the doors closing. It just fades away. In this industry they will recycle those trailers and you will see them for years and years. The sun fading out everything but where those old stickers used to be.

Only person ever to be perfect was a man around 2000 years ago. None of us are him. So I guess we oughta be used to getting bitten by now. It's human nature to be fallible. When did it become rude to be human ? Maybe instead of shutting those guys out you should have talked to them. Most of them had probably already been through the same type of situation a time or two. But that would have required you to see them as a peer or an equal. And that's probably to big of an ask from a guy like you. Not that I know you at all. It's just my impression of you from this post of yours.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.
Horse crap! Get your story and life together. This is so far from any truth.

Says he needs hard assets and drivers to compete moving forward. In other news, says he is not sure if he will keep Truckload before he has even bought it.

At least we are all used to being lied to.

Says he needs hard assets and drivers to compete moving forward. In other news, says he is not sure if he will keep Truckload before he has even bought it.

At least we are all used to being lied to.
he wants o/o not us company drivers in truckload he wants our customers we all know that a common corporate strategy is to buy a place just for the customers and dump the physical assets get rid of the employees as to save tax money look at the trouble he got into by misclassifying independent contractors that the feds said were really employees

he wants o/o not us company drivers in truckload he wants our customers we all know that a common corporate strategy is to buy a place just for the customers and dump the physical assets get rid of the employees as to save tax money look at the trouble he got into by misclassifying independent contractors that the feds said were really employees

People keep telling themselves what they want to believe. The truth about how this guy runs his companies is out in the open for everyone to see.

Maybe this is the reason he bought the Con-Way's.
Someone who is actually capable of looking forward instead of the clown act we had running this place for the past 10+ years.
RIP Dougie. You steaming P O S !!

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/2709-massive-railroad-shutdown-looms-in-2016

Article admits that an extension is more likely than further economic termoil. But go ahead and believe what you want to. Sometimes reality sucks and it makes the fantasy an easy sell.