XPO | Semi - Senority ? Bids

KILROY

TB Lurker
Credits
The FAC I'm out of has 23 dock/p&D/Lh positions. I have enogh seniority to have the last p&d bid. I've been thinking of dropping it to go on the "extra board", barely getting 8hrs a day.

QUESTION: Is senority supposed to prevail immediately? Or since there are 6 xb drivers, would I be # 6 until "bids" are posted in Dec??

I'm inquiring because I got some fuzzy replies!!

Thanks for your time and responses!

no if you bid extra board and guys with more seniority bid on it too then you would be behind the guy with more senioroity, but lestsay if you bid the extra board and then had all seniority on any one below you then you would be top dog , and then you usually gget daytime line runs or early apps i am number 2 and i ihav bid for the last 3 yrs it breks the same route crap

brutus61 said:
no if you bid extra board and guys with more seniority bid on it too then you would be behind the guy with more senioroity,
I think I understand that for the December bids, I am inquiring about what would/should happen now. ( I would have seniority over 5 of the 6 extra board guys now) I realize freight levels are down and understand the need to keep o/t to a minimum. Most of our xtra board works at night doing dock and linehaul runs and I was figuring there is a little more money there. ??

Thanks for the help!

Brutus is correct. you cannot bid on a flex position. If you are last in line for a city bid, that's what you get. What are your options for linehaul at your barn?

There is 1. 540 mile turn / 1. 480 mile dock & turn / 2. 460 mile turns / 1. 600 mile sleeper team turn / 1. 300 mile turn and dock. / Other shuttle type turns are done by the xtra board dsr's. I am at least 2 to 4 positions away from bidding on a line-haul run, depending on what those above me were to bid on.

After speaking with some senior drivers, they suggested I ride out my p & d bid because if I dropped it now, I would be at the bottom of the "extra" board regardless of my senority.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Well, our SCM recently told all extra board/flex board employees they were no longer considered flex board/extra board. They are all now considered as part time employees. So I guess if they are part time they are losing their benefits? Good going company. This is from a company that was just preaching about the younger guys/emlpoyees being the ones who ill make the company and for the older employees to go out of their way to treat them well. Basically telling them to treat the youngers better than the senior guys.