Averitt | Semi- Terminal Shutdown Due to Weather

PopGoesTheWeasel

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone notice this? MWK, NIL, CHI, and STL have been 50% shut down due to the weather that hit those areas. No Linehaul and no Shuttle going in or out of these places untill further notice. The main highways have been shutdown due to snow/ice and dangerous condition.

I have noticed this, our guys haven't been up this week, pretty sure since I-65 has reopened they will return tonight.

And this goes without saying, get ready for a huge spike in freight that has been held in the south waiting for the North to reopen !

^^Indeed, and that is going to suck because of the current weather. Im pretty sure all 4 of the terminals affected by this has piles of loads sitting around waiting to be drove to the south. Its going to be a hit around the system. The smaller terminals (chi, nil, mwk) are to be hit the most because of the small work force they have.

I saw where a team from KNX made it so we will definitely be running up there. In the past we have sent teams of dockworkers form across the system to come up there and help out, but we seem to be busy system wide now so that might not happen.

^^Indeed, and that is going to suck because of the current weather. Im pretty sure all 4 of the terminals affected by this has piles of loads sitting around waiting to be drove to the south. Its going to be a hit around the system. The smaller terminals (chi, nil, mwk) are to be hit the most because of the small work force they have.
If the roads are closed and everything is shut down, I would wager that they might get slammed with inbound but outbound will be lacking for a while.

I saw where a team from KNX made it so we will definitely be running up there. In the past we have sent teams of dockworkers form across the system to come up there and help out, but we seem to be busy system wide now so that might not happen.
Well if that's the case remember, McDonald's might be slow so Averitt may be able to tap into their usual back-up staff.

I find it odd that they don't shut down TRUCKLOAD! I remember a couple of years ago when the southeast was shut down due to ICE, of course they had NO PROBLEM sending me from ENC to GBO MT to pickup a load on the yard that had to be delivered in Lumberton NC.

I prefer they let me decide whether I run or not.
Same here......I get the " IT HAS TO BE DELIVERED" message...of course if they would turn the WEATHER CHANNEL or something like it on, they would see that our ALL of our trucks and drivers do not need to be on the road!

Watching the Weather Channel is probably why they make the goofy decisions they make. All they do is put on Jim Cantore to pound his chest while they preach the garbage that is global warming.

Like CM, I will make the call whether I run or not. I've been told before that so and so has said it was "business as usual". Well not for me. If I feel it's unsafe I could care less what Central says or how hot a load is. You should do the same in Truckload. YOU make the call. If they say "load has to go" and you become involved in the accident, you will lose points and have to deal with it, not the dispatchers.

Our two Illinois laydowns get messed up sometimes, it can be snowing to beat the band at NIL/CHI cut time and they won't run, well that leaves our guys at home. But the snow stops and Illinois gets the roads clear by am rush hour when we would arrive.