Semi was unable to turn into a narrow street,in NW.Bronx,NYC.

53 foot trailers are not allowed in any of the five boroughs of NYC except on specific routes to get to Long Island. Poor guy really messed up.
I do not even want to take a wild guess on where he was trying to go ???? What the hell ever happened to the common sense approach ?? Call your customer and ask directions. Most could at least get you close.

Funny thing about calling residential customers directions to their homes.
When I was a city driver & working for Overnite,then UPS Freight.
I'd call a customer as their phone numbers were always printed on their bills.
However most could not relate to the fact that their delivery was going to be coming on a 48 foot route trailer.
So most times I was given directions according to them driving in their personal vehicles.

With this poor trucker it could have been either GPS,or bogus directions.
I know I came into areas with low tree limbs & utility wires,in some cases dead ends which I had to do some dangerous backing.

Now that I'm retired looking at some of these crash reports I can relate to what may have happened to cause the negative effects.

However most could not relate to the fact that their delivery was going to be coming on a 48 foot route trailer.
So most times I was given directions according to them driving in their personal vehicles.

I know I came into areas with low tree limbs & utility wires,in some cases dead ends which I had to do some dangerous backing.

Now that I'm retired looking at some of these crash reports I can relate to what may have happened to cause the negative effects.
One of my favorite responses from customers is," the UPS guy comes here all the time". ????

Yup I got that response after Overnite was rebranded to UPS Freight.

My call to the home owner when we were Overnite,I told them I got your stuff on a 48 foot long trailer.
Whats the best way to your place?
I usually got pretty good directions.

However after we were rebranded & told to tell the customers we were UPS Freight.
The homeowner only seemed to hear UPS & blocked out the freight as well as, we have your shipment on a 48 foot trailer.

I showed up to a house near the Lake Ontario shore line,& had to balance a 20 foot awning on my hand cart.
To roll it down to this one guy,because my trailer was to high to clear the utility lines.
I actually called dispatch & said this needs to be delivered on our Box Truck.
Dispatch said your there just get rid of it,well after about 45 minutes of struggle mission accomplished.
The homeowner says I thought you said you were UPS?
Oh my,I says do you think your 20 foot roll was going to be loaded on a package van?
He says I never thought of that.

I am happy now to be retired from that city driving rat race.

Yup I got that response after Overnite was rebranded to UPS Freight.

My call to the home owner when we were Overnite,I told them I got your stuff on a 48 foot long trailer.
Whats the best way to your place?
I usually got pretty good directions.

However after we were rebranded & told to tell the customers we were UPS Freight.
The homeowner only seemed to hear UPS & blocked out the freight as well as, we have your shipment on a 48 foot trailer.

I showed up to a house near the Lake Ontario shore line,& had to balance a 20 foot awning on my hand cart.
To roll it down to this one guy,because my trailer was to high to clear the utility lines.
I actually called dispatch & said this needs to be delivered on our Box Truck.
Dispatch said your there just get rid of it,well after about 45 minutes of struggle mission accomplished.
The homeowner says I thought you said you were UPS?
Oh my,I says do you think your 20 foot roll was going to be loaded on a package van?
He says I never thought of that.

I am happy now to be retired from that city driving rat race.
Well there are other people than truck drivers that lack common sense also I guess ?????

I hated residential deliveries. Not only the roads, yards, tree limbs, but what the resident expected. I am the type of man that will go the extra mile, but don't look for the 2nd mile. As any local driver can, I can relate some "funny horror stories". Got involved in more disputes than I care to remember. Had a mattress, got it off the truck, carried it up to the porch and the homeowner said, "you need to go upstairs and get the old mattress first"--LOL-LOL:452:

Had a washing machine, "hey driver, ain't you going to hook it up?":6837:

Estes had a delivery for a camp outside of Woodstock, Va He got in, but then they had to cut trees down for him to get out.

Used to live up that way, wondering where he was going in that neighborhood its tight up there. Good thing he didn't go over that wall cause that would have been a hell of a drop onto the Henry Hudson Parkway.

[QUOTE="BIG R GUY, post: 896
OR, we get BIG trks in here all the time. This is the look I gave them
NcMUQr9.jpg