Senate Dems Defend Speedier Union Elections

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

First off Levin is miserable And he's biased towards business. Not trustable to me. Business favoring politicd has International corooratiins rigging our whole nation to benefit themselves over American citizens. They own America. Second, why is he a former Union carpenter? And is he disgruntled or credible?
    I dont know how their union or local works.
    If they see it then they shluld act. The problem stems in the union members not getting off their lazy asses and making phone calls and mobilizing and taking part and control of their union in legal wayz... The officials work for them..not the other way around.

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I just remember you claiming yoy had always Voted Repub unttil GWB...

Freidman's theories work every time they're tried. Freedom, less intervention. Not used since Reagan.

EVERYONE benefitted from paying less in taxes. Same as this month where Everyone had more in their pocket because the price of gas dropped (only temporary don't get used to it.)

Reagan's economy produced many months of a Million new jobs. Today its normally 180,000, and then Ocare , high corporate taxes, and other regulations chase more jobs elsewhere. Reaganomics had an 18 year growth in our economy. It struggled at first because Carter had printed and put in circulation a doubling of our currency, which caused 22% interest to correct. What will be the correction needed for Obama's 85 billion a month over three years?????

ScotchNeat likes this.
  3. slavenomore

What happened as/Ronnie and Milty was the Globalists took over because the system was rigged for the top to do so......the jobs wont be and aren't worth the loss of money and jobs thats why welfare is high.
    All monetary gain by the wealthy has been used to rig the politics in they're favor at the expense of the majority's economic/political voice.
    Reagan and Freidman could create a low wage job for everyone today and welfare would balloon as a result. Imo.

Milty's theories had the end result established first imo.
    My stance is our people first....not a theory first.
    His economics are globalist not patriotic....for global investors not American citizens.

4. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

"Reagan and Freidman could create a low wage job for everyone today and welfare would ballon as a result" , wow really sounds like what might be going on today, thank god Obama's attempt to control business through regulation, immigration policies and push for $10.00 an hour minimum wage will put those fears to rest.

5. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Nafta wasn't good for us and neither will this TPP deal..... Obama says he will push for it and sign it.....I'm sure he will....Just as Clinton signed NAFTA against the wishes of the Majority.. Just evidence that the Majority doesn't matter much...and they, the majority, certainly do not "Rule"......

Yes Indeed... That's what has happened..... pretty obvious too... You can "vote" sure.....but your vote has been canceled effectively due to the money that went to "purchasing" the Politicians of their choice.... which will be the two that they present to the voters for "approval".....

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

You seemed to have forgotten to comment on the union screwing their own members over Slavey.lol

7. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

I don't want to hear a single union member complain about American jobs until they stop there unions from trying to legalize illegal aliens....the hypocrisy is blinding. I will support unions again when they support American workers and American values. MADE IN AMERICA don't mean :shit: when its made by illegal aliens!
    [​IMG]

Northern Flash and highspeeds like this.
  8. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

You are correct one billionaire can out spend thousands and thousands of ordinarily middle class votes with advertizing adds . Unfortunately this nation is full of uninterested people that know everything about useless matters but nothing that matters to their own well being . They vote for the guy that's on a bill board . Politicians don't want us to know whats happening . Its the old mushroom routine keep em in the dark and feed'em .::shit::

ScotchNeat and slavenomore like this.
  9. Pup Driver

::shit::
    Well hears one for ya ICE I would think that those in business would love high unemployment in America because it gives them a much higher pool of people to choose from at a lower wage . They like saying I got 10 guys waiting for your job. Just my thought .

slavenomore likes this.
  10. Pup Driver

Speaking of the constitution , where in the constitution does it say that a foreign company from a country such as Canada can come down here and take private land to build a pipe line . The property rights belong to the owners not to some company in other country . Many of those property owners do not want a pipe line coming through their land and they should have a constitutional right to say no .

Getoverit likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Canada isn't taking anything....

And the property owners have the First Amendment Right, Redress of Grievance. Doesn't stop a pipeline or a highway. I don't like Eminent Domain at all. Zoning either. I think when someone owns property they have the right to do what they want with it. But, Eminent Domain is legal, and Constitutional (5th Amendment)....

Text of the 1st Amendment
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights and protects against a person being compelled to be a witness against themselves in a criminal case. Taking the Fifth is a colloquial term for invoking the privilege that allows a witness to decline to answer questions that might incriminate them, without penalty or it counting against them. A defendant can not be compelled to become a witness at their own trial, but if they do testify they are not entitled to the privilege and inferences can be drawn from a refusal to answer questions. The Amendment requires that felonies be tried only upon indictment by a grand jury. Federal grand juries can force people to take the witness stand, but defendants in those proceedings have Fifth Amendment privilege until they choose to answer any question.

The grand jury is a pre-constitutional common law institution, and a constitutional fixture in its own right exclusively embracing common law. The process applies to the states to the extent that the states have incorporated grand juries and/or common law. Most states have an alternative civil process. "Although state systems of criminal procedure differ greatly among themselves, the grand jury is similarly guaranteed by many state constitutions and plays an important role in fair and effective law enforcement in the overwhelming [p688] majority of the States." Branzburg v. Hayes (No. 70-85) 1972. The Amendment also provides several trial protections, including the right against self-incrimination (held to also apply to custodial interrogations and before most government bodies) as well as the right to be tried only once ("double jeopardy") in federal court for the same offense. The Amendment also has a Due Process Clause (similar to the one in the 14th Amendment) as well as an implied equal protection requirement (Bolling v. Sharpe). Finally, the Amendment requires that the power of eminent domain be coupled with "just compensation" for those whose property is taken.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    ScotchNeat likes this.
  12. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

Yes I know employers like a large pool to choose from...Who wouldn't but can anyone give me an example of recent legislation or proposed bill that Democrats championed as a party that would encourage or reward business to stay in the USA? You can find bits here and there where some suck butt is up for re-election but I mean real legislation telling business they are welcome here? All I see is cap & trade regulation and the highest corporate taxes in the world. Business can easily survive unions...it is the government they struggle with here.

jimmy g likes this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

put up your own billboard! I did (see YRC thread). Cost me $137.00 from the FedEx Office Store for a 3' x 5'. Hangs on my fence on busy Hwy US52. Thousands pass it daily. Use YOUR money. If you don't like others controlling property (post above) - then why do You want to control the money of billionaires? Shouldn't you just worry about your own, like above?????????

14. slavenomore

Isnt the opportunity to operate and sell here reward?
    Nope its never enough......Ive got an idea for a reward.
    A big fat tariff if they choose to leave and ship back here.....Enough tariffs to put income tax at 0% would be the goal.

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Eliminate income tax and we can talk. There isn't enough money in tariffs to fund all the Entitlements. Not enough in income tax either......

The Fair Tax solves most issues. They'll never do it...

16. Pup Driver

jimmy, wich post are you talking about . There are many on the YRC post's

17. Pup Driver

I did not say that Canada was confiscating land from American land owners ,I said a company from Canada . As I understand it eminent domain means the land can be taken away from the private land owners for a price . But that land needs to be used for government concerns like lets say to build a fire house , library school etc . I don't think its meant for some guy that wants to build a pizza parlor so he goes to the city and says he wants to take Jimmy's house for the land . You should have the right to say sorry I don't think so . It should be the same for those folks that refuse to let a pipe line on there land . Must we always sender to the wishes of big business?

18. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Friedman was a free market capitalist

Todays business is not free market capitalism, it is crony capitalism, brought upon by a government that no longer adheres to its founding principals

funny how the majority only matters when they are the majority for what the libs want.
    Every other time, the lib had to do this for our own good because they view the people as ignorant children

ScotchNeat likes this.
  19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

SCOTUS decided they could do that years ago. Doesn't matter if I like it.

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook