R&L | Senior coming back

Recap Slinger

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard from several drivers this week that Senior
is coming back because he wants to know why so
many long time drivers are quitting. It's so funny to hear
the guys that can't let it go and realize that he doesn't
lay awake at night worrying if we're being treated good.
We've had 2 more quit this week and they're more than
happy to see a guy with 3-4 weeks of vacation leave and
hire a new guy.

What makes them think they will be able to find drivers to replace those quitting? Everybody is having trouble finding drivers.

Could just be wistful thinking. Though I do know Senior very much valued his drivers. No he probably does not lay awake pondering this, but I will guaratee you he is still current on whats going on. Mr. Roberts always was one of the most in touch owners I have ever worked for. Ask any older driver. Senior used to love to just sit in the cafeteria and talk to his drivers, and as I have said many times ,somehow knew everyones name. Great guy.

What makes them think they will be able to find drivers to replace those quitting? Everybody is having trouble finding drivers.

We have a constant stream of OTR drivers wanting a local job. Some
hang with it a few months, some quit in a week or two. It's
funny how management overlooks things the new guys do that we get
disciplined for. One guy has had 3 no call no shows, most refuse to wear
a uniform, & several have had words with the TM and supervisors over petty
things, but it all gets overlooked.

Could just be wistful thinking. Though I do know Senior very much valued his drivers. No he probably does not lay awake pondering this, but I will guaratee you he is still current on whats going on. Mr. Roberts always was one of the most in touch owners I have ever worked for. Ask any older driver. Senior used to love to just sit in the cafeteria and talk to his drivers, and as I have said many times ,somehow knew everyones name. Great guy.

I totally agree, he is a great guy and I was always impressed with
how down to earth he was. It always impressed me how he remembered
names and stood outside the Christmas parties to greet and thank us.
I just wish that would've rubbed off on Roby a little bit.

I totally agree, he is a great guy and I was always impressed with
how down to earth he was. It always impressed me how he remembered
names and stood outside the Christmas parties to greet and thank us.
I just wish that would've rubbed off on Roby a little bit.

While I know that Roby knows my name, I do know what you mean. Things are different from when I started.

We have a constant stream of OTR drivers wanting a local job. Some
hang with it a few months, some quit in a week or two. It's
funny how management overlooks things the new guys do that we get
disciplined for. One guy has had 3 no call no shows, most refuse to wear
a uniform, & several have had words with the TM and supervisors over petty
things, but it all gets overlooked.

You noticed that too, huh?

The favoritism around here is absolutely epic. I have never seen anything like it. We have new guys walking in right off the street into 6:30 starts and daytime linehauls. We have guys at the bottom of the list getting all the extra linehaul runs on weekends, and all HR can say is "try to work it out with your TM".

HELLO??!!!

He is the CAUSE of all of this because he allows it. Duh!!

I remember the Sunday morning after a christmas party in Atlanta .Cant Remember the year Trace Atkins and Jolie messina were the entertainment. I was in the elevator at the hotel and Senior walked in .I said good morning bossman thankyou for the party lastnight He said no sir thankyou without workers like you I cant throw parties like that. I enjoyed working for that man. cant say the same about some of them now

"I remember the Sunday morning after a christmas party in Atlanta .Cant Remember the year Trace Atkins and Jolie messina were the entertainment."

96,97,98??? Those parties were kick a**!!!! Some of the best times I've had at a party anywhere!!!

"I remember the Sunday morning after a christmas party in Atlanta .Cant Remember the year Trace Atkins and Jolie messina were the entertainment."

96,97,98??? Those parties were kick a**!!!! Some of the best times I've had at a party anywhere!!!

So due to the lack of a response on weather or not Senior has come back I must assume that he is still in florida playing with his horses and boats.