TForce | Seniority Always Prevails!

..I knew this crap was coming..and filed way back in the very beginning to stop it...so I guess the National will deal with it next year. The contract is clear company seniority prevails...PERIOD...

At my terminal they have a sheet of paper, all the cartage driver names, then a column for hire date, job class seniority date, and company seniority date. This is also done for the road board and casual list.

I'm one of those people who has more company seniority than a few of the local cartage guys, but lower on my job class seniority as I was promoted to P&D when I got my CDL from working parttime dock...

At our barn the local cartage has one senority, comany senority, as the contract states. You should only have one class, local cartage. You had 30 days to file on your placement on the senority list, I hope you did.

At my terminal they have a sheet of paper, all the cartage driver names, then a column for hire date, job class seniority date, and company seniority date. This is also done for the road board and casual list.

I'm one of those people who has more company seniority than a few of the local cartage guys, but lower on my job class seniority as I was promoted to P&D when I got my CDL from working parttime dock...

Do you realize that your time a PT worker means nothing? Your COMPANY SENIORITY is the official date hired into full time status. So, that means your date should be the day you started to see the higher compensation rate.

Do you realize that your time a PT worker means nothing? Your COMPANY SENIORITY is the official date hired into full time status. So, that means your date should be the day you started to see the higher compensation rate.

PT time does mean something, it counts towards your retirement and vacation bid.
The same way when it was Overnite. Imagine that!

PT time does mean something, it counts towards your retirement and vacation bid.
The same way when it was Overnite. Imagine that!

Last time I looked the thread and coversation was generally relating to SENIORITY for bidding and layoffs, not vacation bidding controversy? :1036316054:

I'm just stating what the posted list says at my terminal, 3 columns: Job Class seniority, company seniority, and hire on date...I'm not debating anything, being low on the Local Cartage board, I still get 8+ hours a day...And just like Tiger says it goes toward retirement and I'll get dibs on vacation before some of the drivers above me...in the event of a layoff, I'm not worried, working the dock is easy money...I've been doing it for years here when we were "O" and at another regional LTL carrier I was employed at a few years back.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the system relating to seniority thats all, I appreciate everyones input to grasp the subject, hopefully it won't come into play should layoffs occur at my terminal...