Seniority counts for.....

Discussion in 'Southeastern Freight Lines' started by LTLIndentured, Dec 17, 2015.

1. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

What does seniority count for with this company? The number of vacations is about it. No bids on routes or start times. 1yr drivers get to start before 10-15 yr guys. Is it like this everywhere?

2. hotrod81

hotrod81 Member

I've heard a manager say don't matter if you been here 30yrs. Seniority don't matter

3. sabresfan

sabresfan Active Member

Exactly

4. toilet paper

toilet paper Well-Known Member

I can't speak for y'all but UPGF senotity is everything. 1 day can make a $10,000 a year difference in pay. I thought all LTL company's were like that.

5. dsmit50

dsmit50 Member

I had some issues with how things were going at my barn. I called corp and was told that the manager could do whatever he wanted so with some hesitation I left SEFL. I just celebrated my 2 year anniversary at another LTL and I'm better off here than at SEFL with 8 years of service. SEFL is a great place to work, but there are better.

6. sabresfan

sabresfan Active Member

Linehaul bids runs by seniority. P&D has no seniority at all.

7. dsmit50

dsmit50 Member

yes, I should have stated that I was p&d. When I asked why linehaul bids and p&d didn't no one could answer my question. If I were linehaul I may have been able to survive there but I moved on. To all of you guys I wish you the best of luck.

sabresfan likes this.
  8. sabresfan

sabresfan Active Member

Same here.

9. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

We bid Linehaul by seniority . city drivers at my terminal pick which route they want by seniority on Linehaul the newest tractors are assigned to the longest run . This don't settle well with some of the drivers on the bottom of the board we have a few with the spoiled brat diva complex who think they should get all the good suff on day one I'm sure we all have them

10. AkitaDog

AkitaDog Well-Known Member

I can tell you how to fix that but I would get booted off for using the "U" word!