FedEx Freight | Seniority

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
sen·ior·i·ty Audio pronunciation of "seniority" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sn-yôr-t, -yr-)
n.

2. Precedence of position, especially precedence over others of the same rank by reason of a longer span of service.

Board Seniority :
1. The process of being at the right place at the right time

That would apply to co seniority too wouldn't it??

If I had applied 1 yr earlier I would have just went straight to the road and not had to spend 6 yrs in the city....... woud've could've should've .......... didn't

We can only go forward and look back on bad or unfavorable decisions to try and guide us in our future journeys.

FM

FM

5b72f5e4ea.bmp
[/url][/IMG]

Here how about this .......
When we started in our terminal 12 1/2 years ago there were only city drivers, 7 of us to be exact & one girl in the office. We had no road drivers of our own. About 8 months had gone by and we hired a couple, but we never were told about it . We, the original city drivers, were never told or asked if we wanted to be the first road drivers. We never knew anything about road positions with the company , the so called CCM at that time was vary half a$$ and did not want to tell us about the jobs because he was having a hard time getting city drivers to sign on with AF . We were really in a bad way , every night I came home and told my wife I was quitting. We worked illegal 16 - 17 hours a day. There were no rules . We so called city drivers did everything , dock , load our own routes , pedal , unload , reload for the incoming road drivers from other places we never knew or seen. As time went by, we got bigger, hired more city and road drivers but it was to late to go to the so called road board. There is not one road driver that has seniority on me or the 6 above above me. (I am #7 on the city board) This is why I would like to see one seniority board. So I'm a city driver I work 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 what ever . I like 8 so I can go home to my girls .This is the way it was for us. You can believe me or not , but I have no reason to lie to you.

Smokestack :nutkick:

Well that was quite a story. Let me tell you what it was like for me when I started my friend.

First of all, when I was hired I had to run through a gauntlet of red shirted masochists. They all had big sticks and boots with nails protruding from their toes. There were at least seventy five of them. They formed a crude line from the office door to a tractor. They told me that if I survived I could take a road test and maybe I might have a shot at working here. They pummelled me with those sticks and kicked hard with their pointy tetanus laced boots. I never said a peep. I just calmly walked to that tractor and climbed in. I was bleeding and puffy, but I took that road test and they put me on a road run,
"What about the other fellers?" I asked. "Screw em!" They screamed. With that we all laughed.

The second test I had to take was one they called the seniority squeeze. If I layed on the ground and allowed them to run over my stomach with a smurf I could pick my spot on the board of my choice. Well I accepted the challenge. I lay on the ground and waited for for my center manager to climb up into a smurf. Before I could react that bastard jumped into a Volvo. He pretended he didn't know the difference. He stomped on the gas and rolled up on my stomach. He set the brakes, turned off the motor and I just heard him in there laughing and cackling and calling all his fellow ccms and telling them he was giving me tho old 'seniority squeeze.'

I lasted a good twenty minutes under that truck and because of that they made me number two overall. Some other guy lasted three days. That was one tough hombre.

Of course I too worked hard. My days lasted twenty three hours sometimes. I also had to make my own diesel fuel and they said I had to use my own uniform shirts as oil filters as well. I never complained though because to do so would be a sign of weakness.

I guess up north we're just tougher...

And now you are the King of Gatorland.
See it was all worth it Chainsaw.

Smokestack said:
When we started in our terminal 12 1/2 years ago there were only city drivers, 7 of us to be exact & one girl in the office. We had no road drivers of our own. About 8 months had gone by and we hired a couple, but we never were told about it . We, the original city drivers, were never told or asked if we wanted to be the first road drivers. We never knew anything about road positions with the company , the so called CCM at that time was vary half a$$ and did not want to tell us about the jobs because he was having a hard time getting city drivers to sign on with AF . We were really in a bad way , every night I came home and told my wife I was quitting. We worked illegal 16 - 17 hours a day. There were no rules . We so called city drivers did everything , dock , load our own routes , pedal , unload , reload for the incoming road drivers from other places we never knew or seen. As time went by, we got bigger, hired more city and road drivers but it was to late to go to the so called road board. There is not one road driver that has seniority on me or the 6 above above me. (I am #7 on the city board) This is why I would like to see one seniority board. So I'm a city driver I work 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 what ever . I like 8 so I can go home to my girls .This is the way it was for us. You can believe me or not , but I have no reason to lie to you.

same thing where im at we did it all.illegal days were the norm.

Smokestack said:

If you like the 8 so you can go home to your girls, then you most certainly don't want the road, my friend. I have been on the road with this company for 12 years. Your family life is not normal, as a matter of fact it is abnormal. No 8 hour days out there. Only 10-14 hour nights.

PINBALL said:
If you like the 8 so you can go home to your girls, then you most certainly don't want the road, my friend. I have been on the road with this company for 12 years. Your family life is not normal, as a matter of fact it is abnormal. No 8 hour days out there. Only 10-14 hour nights.

Right on Pinball, I've been here (Fedex Frieght West )for 8 years. I'm gone for 24 to30 hours from my family at a time. I knew this when I started so, no surprizes. Yes we Road/Line drivers make good money but, We are not home every night. We also can be requiered to work up to 14 hrs a night. This is what we signed up for, so we live with it. The job is better then working on a job that is over-the-road and gone for multi- days.

bad company said:
Right on Pinball, I've been here (Fedex Frieght West )for 8 years. I'm gone for 24 to30 hours from my family at a time. I knew this when I started so, no surprizes. Yes we Road/Line drivers make good money but, We are not home every night. We also can be requiered to work up to 14 hrs a night. This is what we signed up for, so we live with it. The job is better then working on a job that is over-the-road and gone for multi- days.
Amen to being home shortly. I though you guys did mainly 95% swaps?

illegal days were the norm.

Just like it still is for most OTR drivers who are gone weeks at a time..
Have not met one yet that did not have to back up a log or log off duty while still on..

I am amazed at all the local P/D drivers who have no OTR or Linehaul experience that complain about the monies Fedex pays.

In a good year OTR my spouse did not make what he has made so far this year. And he is home everynight..gets to see his baby every morning and night and on weekends...

He still will jump on the first chance at linehaul though.. That way he Feels like he is back on the road...he can't seem to get rid of the urge:chairshot:

bad company said:
We also can be requiered to work up to 14 hrs a night. This is what we signed up for, so we live with it. The job is better then working on a job that is over-the-road and gone for multi- days.

16 hours once a week?

did my 16 this week toured ny state in the process while the big flood was going on Was on I88 just a few hours before the road washed out and two other drivers were killed,oh well all part of the road if we cant get the freight down to the hub one way we will get her there another no matter what it takes syrto bgm to alb to nwb back to wny 685 miles can ya say ching ching

chainsaww said:
First of all, when I was hired I had to run through a gauntlet of red shirted masochists. They all had big sticks and boots with nails protruding from their toes. There were at least seventy five of them. They formed a crude line from the office door to a tractor. They told me that if I survived I could take a road test and maybe I might have a shot at working here. They pummelled me with those sticks and kicked hard with their pointy tetanus laced boots. I never said a peep. I just calmly walked to that tractor and climbed in. I was bleeding and puffy, but I took that road test and they put me on a road run,
"What about the other fellers?" I asked. "Screw em!" They screamed. With that we all laughed.

You may be a lot tougher, but I am thinking not. Out in the West we have the same tests only instead of masochists we get serious and use Sadists.:duh:

chainsaww said:
Well that was quite a story. Let me tell you what it was like for me when I started my friend.

The second test I had to take was one they called the seniority squeeze. If I layed on the ground and allowed them to run over my stomach with a smurf I could pick my spot on the board of my choice. Well I accepted the challenge. I lay on the ground and waited for for my center manager to climb up into a smurf. Before I could react that bastard jumped into a Volvo. He pretended he didn't know the difference. He stomped on the gas and rolled up on my stomach. He set the brakes, turned off the motor and I just heard him in there laughing and cackling and calling all his fellow ccms and telling them he was giving me tho old 'seniority squeeze.'

I lasted a good twenty minutes under that truck and because of that they made me number two overall. Some other guy lasted three days. That was one tough hombre.

Of course I too worked hard. My days lasted twenty three hours sometimes. I also had to make my own diesel fuel and they said I had to use my own uniform shirts as oil filters as well. I never complained though because to do so would be a sign of weakness.

:BS: :loser: :BlahBlah: :BS:
I believe the words "load of crap" come to mind here.