ODFL | Seniority

That’s it? I remember my first part time job kid

Was this where you worked billy?
t49FHwh.jpg

:censored: you talking about billylo?
You got drivers that put in work 5,6,7,8
Yrs asking to get a certain start time . Run whatever.. but a new guy walks in and gets whatever because he laugh , jokes, and drink beer with management on weekends..
so that’s pulling your weight
You dont have to be friends with dispatch
Fair is fair
Im just saying haven’t talk to many other LTL drivers who dont have some type of seniority rule in their handbook
What’s not fair ,You got a non union job.You got to go with the flow and :butt kiss: ,Just like the rest of the guys.It ain’t hard driver ,there’s always a line at the terminal managers office every morning,:moon2:Try it ,you might like it.The last man in has to mop the floor.:hilarious:

I was with Estes for 3 years then FedEx Freight for 3 years and now been with OD for 9 years out of BAL, it’s the same everywhere you earn your keep in this business, when I started with OD my start time was 1000 with 10+ years experience but I know how this business works. I proved my worth and now have a set 0600 start time, and Bob Lowery has been retired for a year now and could care less about what happens in BAL so whoever you are grow a pair utilize the open door policy and go up the proper chain of command if it’s bothering you that much instead of blasting your grievances on here, and please stop using Bobs identity it’s really not fair to him

I just wanted to find out if other terminals operate same throughout company.. know you always gotta have internet punks that got balls when texting.. but wont say :::shit::: face to face
You referring to me as an internet punk? Cause of tell you that sane ::shit:: in person. You have a non union job.. if they don't want to honor your seniority than that's their call. You just gotta deal with it brother. Anytime your like to talk, I'm around you terminal for 12hrs a day. M-F

When I worked city at NGA new hires were brought in to run volume in seniority order. Peddle routes were bid on by seniority. Vacations/sick outs were covered by volume drivers in seniority order. Available peddle routes were posted and awarded to most senior man who signed up for it. If you didn’t want a route you stayed on volume.

Also, each terminal that I have worked at has linehaul on a job selection program. I do get fired up because some City driver’s say the same thing. Line driver’s don’t do anything, but hold a steering wheel. I tell them go ahead and do my run then. It has a average of 40 drop and hooks every night. They usually stand there dumbfounded.

Fly, what am I missing? are you saying you do 40 drop and hooks each night?

Fly, what am I missing? are you saying you do 40 drop and hooks each night?
Yes sir. It all depends on if I use my Tonka Toys or Matchbox Cars. I hate the shag carpets, I wreck to easy. Hardwood floors
watch out.
I really enjoy this. I’m a yard jockey, nope. I run shuttles or relays between different terminals. A yard jockey, actually I am a janitor, scrubs toilets. Lol.

What’s not fair ,You got a non union job.You got to go with the flow and :butt kiss: ,Just like the rest of the guys.It ain’t hard driver ,there’s always a line at the terminal managers office every morning,:moon2:Try it ,you might like it.The last man in has to mop the floor.:hilarious:

It's called the " good ole boys system, nothing new, been around for years"

Yes sir. It all depends on if I use my Tonka Toys or Matchbox Cars. I hate the shag carpets, I wreck to easy. Hardwood floors
watch out.
I really enjoy this. I’m a yard jockey, nope. I run shuttles or relays between different terminals. A yard jockey, actually I am a janitor, scrubs toilets. Lol.

Speaking of yard jockeys, them kids at your yard going to kill some one the way they keep driving.

I was with Estes for 3 years then FedEx Freight for 3 years and now been with OD for 9 years out of BAL, it’s the same everywhere you earn your keep in this business, when I started with OD my start time was 1000 with 10+ years experience but I know how this business works. I proved my worth and now have a set 0600 start time, and Bob Lowery has been retired for a year now and could care less about what happens in BAL so whoever you are grow a pair utilize the open door policy and go up the proper chain of command if it’s bothering you that much instead of blasting your grievances on here, and please stop using Bobs identity it’s really not fair to him
Couldn't have said it better.

I definitely agree. They’re kid’s and they’re pushing the limit on their speed. Very dangerous.

One of them moves a trailer, texting on his phone, plays chicken with the trucks and comes flying around the back corner with trailer wheels lifting off the ground. Hilarious how a certain someone allows this to happen but is more concerned about locks not being locked on a trailer or truck doors being unlocked inside a secured yard.

One of them moves a trailer, texting on his phone, plays chicken with the trucks and comes flying around the back corner with trailer wheels lifting off the ground. Hilarious how a certain someone allows this to happen but is more concerned about locks not being locked on a trailer or truck doors being unlocked inside a secured yard.
Yep, that certain someone will say it’s not his job. His educational experience only goes as far as locks and splash guards.