Seniors Protest Gap Stores

All I can say is "Northwest Airlines" . Look it up. They went on with replacements and thats big airplanes and bag systems. Trucking over to Gap or Portland ain't exactly flying and fixing jets is it? We aren't really what anyone calls "skilled", we just push a rig over and do manual labor unloading the stuff. So I don't think our skill-set would be called unreplaceable or vital. And today with GPS the replacements don't even need to know the city do they?

Please fellas let's don't get stupid and lose our jobs to The Cowboy and his gang. Plus the dock guys are no better than laborers, they can find a million of them. What ever made some of the Brothers think OH would shut down cause we walk out?

Just think about it guys? I love my job and want to keep my house.

What are we supposed to find under Northwest Airlines?

Protected because of Bankruptcy.

Appeals court upholds Northwest Airlines strike ban
Updated 3/29/2007 12:45 PM | Comments1 | Recommend6 E-mail | Save | Print |

By Joshua Freed, AP Business Writer
MINNEAPOLIS — A federal appeals court on Thursday upheld a ruling that bars flight attendants at bankrupt Northwest Airlines from striking.

Are you saying this Company is Bankrupt? Open your books...

Or a loss in 1998?

Conclusion

The pilots= strike may have been costly to Northwest airlines, however, it seems to have accomplished what the pilots had set out to do, and notably the pilots' association negotiators received more than the original offer made by management. It may seem the airline is out of danger with the pilots. The Northwest employees who were laid off during the strike are back to work, however, Northwest=s management is not breathing easy just yet. The pilots= strike was settled, and the pilots claimed that they received the majority of what they fought for, and management claimed victory for keeping the unions from receiving too much. This settlement is only one of six that needs to be finalized. There are five more unions including the International Association of Machinists (IAM) Local 1833 that could initiate a strike action if talks are not successful. The 27,000 members of IAM 1833 Union authorized a strike and asked federal mediators to declare an impasse. Northwest could be in for a series of strikes if nothing is accomplished in the negotiations within the 30-day "cooling-off@ period.

Quit Posting B.S. or post the exact situation
you are talking about.

Most of us have seen this coming and are prepared
or have a Chase Union Plus Mortgage, but you probably
are not a Union Member and can't have this option:biglaugh:.

Don't you guys remember that that guy, the cowboy, is lurking with his crew to replace us? He scares the heck out of me. I really believe that a big mean guy like that probably has a whole "gang" of strikebreakers waiting in hotels or airports to take our jobs.

I know of bad dudes like the Cowboy and you have to be pretty tough to break a Teamster strike. I hope all our Brothers have taken note of this mean dude. I don't think he is just some guy on a board. He seemed to "target" our Brother The Wrench pretty strong. I even heard that he knows who Brother Wrench is and has other strikebreakers watching him off work hours.

If they are strikebreakers think how tough they must be to come here and take our jobs and even tease us about it. Brother Wrench has definetely pulled his sails in and stopped posting his tough union stance and I never thought he could be so intimidated.

I just hope the company doesn't target me for posting. I just hope we settle and get back to work.

Thanks guys.

Sorry guys and gals, haven't gotten "scared by the big bad cowboy" just got another job....quit friday, got hired 5 minutes after I dropped off my resume at the first stop. Tired of the s**t. Tired of the VanderPols. Tired of *****. Tired of long commutes to something that USED to be rewarding. So much happier now though......my start date is, by my choice, the first of october and I WILL be on your line helping out anyways. Still a proud teamster, still gonna meet the cowboy. Love all my teamsters! Look up the last guy that quit eddy...that be the wrench, got a personal message for ya. vp go screw yourself. seriously. The wrench is gone.

Im very sorry to see you leave Wrench.(Eddie) I really enjoyed your posts You take Care and I hope everything works out well for you!!:toxic:

Im very sorry to see you leave Wrench.(Eddie) I really enjoyed your posts You take Care and I hope everything works out well for you!!:toxic:

...um...im not eddy, i was referring to Ed vanderpol...so I hear from friends you guys are going out on the 22nd or something??? and that the company wants to try and force the contract or something?? is this all true? what junk.

They basically said in their latest DVD that this final offer they will be purposing will be just that....no other offers will be brought to the table if this one is not accepted by the union.

...um...im not eddy, i was referring to Ed vanderpol...so I hear from friends you guys are going out on the 22nd or something??? and that the company wants to try and force the contract or something?? is this all true? what junk.

We will walk as soon as we get the ok from the IBT, it'll
give the Cowblow a chance to show how good he and his
crew really are as they try and move all the STRANDED FREIGHT:ohmy:
with the same management that is currently in place.:biglaugh:

As for the final offer there is no urgency from the company, there
never has been.

Will it even be worth looking at? Will it be done in time?

"All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men (or women) to do nothing"

THEWRENCH Im sorry about calling you Eddie,I miss read your post.
As far as THE STRIKE goes im not sure.I resigned last week when they called me back off Lay Off to Hostle.I to have found other employment.

I just wish Oak Harbor could see the Big Picture and see the Great Employee's they are about to Lose!! :smilie_132:

Sorry guys and gals, haven't gotten "scared by the big bad cowboy" just got another job....quit friday, got hired 5 minutes after I dropped off my resume at the first stop. Tired of the s**t. Tired of the VanderPols. Tired of *****. Tired of long commutes to something that USED to be rewarding. So much happier now though......my start date is, by my choice, the first of october and I WILL be on your line helping out anyways. Still a proud teamster, still gonna meet the cowboy. Love all my teamsters! Look up the last guy that quit eddy...that be the wrench, got a personal message for ya. vp go screw yourself. seriously. The wrench is gone.
I hope you considered across the valley a little east of your former terminal. Same last name but a very different clan. I'm sure we can use a man like you over here. Plenty of dignity and respect to go around. Just ask Charles.

Well you bunch of little girls believe The Cowboy is for REAL...I told you I would run off the sissy and former big talker wenchy...the punk ran away and resigned and I told you that I would hunt him down and run him off............wish wench would have been out on that line.........I woulda walked up to him, tore down his skirt and branded him with a big C for The Cowboy.

You other little doggies better shape up or I'll put your scalp on my belt. Me and the gang are lurking just down the street in Auburn and Portland.

Enjoy your barbque.....next one will be around the fire barrel and I will buy the marshmellows for you sissys. That's what you are nothing but marshmellows...and smart off to the Cowboy and you be out on your behind like the wenchy.

No more big talk once I targeted her!!!!!!!!! No do you suckers understand....the dark power is at work..........The Cowboy wears all black so you will know who he is when he walks up and throws you out. The big ole rabblerouser sure shut up and ran away like branded calf. Do you beleive The Cowboy now?

See you at the roundup girls!!!!!!!!

Your new Trail Boss,

The Cowboy
The Black Knight
You Worst Nightmare

PS Bye Bye wenchy, maybe I will visit the new place just so you can meet me in person.

Yup, I knew Twin Screw was actually the Cowboy. Doesn't he have better things to do like "drooling at the chance" to steal our jobs?

I hope you considered across the valley a little east of your former terminal. Same last name but a very different clan. I'm sure we can use a man like you over here. Plenty of dignity and respect to go around. Just ask Charles.

Was considering penn but found a job thats walking distance! :) so that saves me about 2.93 an hour in gas to get to work...heard good things about the treatment over at penn....but thanks!

ha

both the owners of oak harbor and the local unions are to blame for us not having a contract. where are the local's ba's? they are afraid to show up to answer questions as well as the owners to show their faces. :hide:

B A's are the punks of the IBT

The IBT is to blame not the BA's. They dragged their feet to keep the givebacks from affecting their racketeering funds and to keep us in healthcare they make money on. They know that we gotta give up something...they just want to do it later.

Looks like we finally got something to vote in on next Saturday thank god and we can go forward in peace.

Next time lets decertify low-life IB?T.

Maybe the Cowboy has a good union we can join.

See you guys Sat.

Vote

Is everybody excited that we can finally put this contract to rest and get back to work?

Saturday should be fun and let's get back to work for 5 years.

After 3 we can decertify the I*****T. I will get a campaign started to go with our own union and not be d----d around like the Teamsters have for a year.

Thank god we don't have to worry about that mean guy the Cowboy anymore,

Maybe the wench will come back to work at Oak if he can keep his mouth shut and not get the rest of us in trouble!

See you Saturday Brothers.

Ya know texas teamster i always thought the president was an idiot because he was from texas,You have proved me wrong...........guess there more then just him........ie....a texas teamster

Why would a "Texas Teamster" be posting on a west-coast based companies forum saying he'd see us on Saturday? The management is running out of names for these guys....