XPO | September 12, 2014 Is election for Laredo Texas

Joe Nuno

Teamster member 848
Credits
More info on;
changeconway2win

Here is a comment from CC2W

This is the real deal people! Organization is key, Laredo has been moving forward. It is time for other locations to join the movement. Do not leave it all for Laredo to handle. Do your part to make a bigger impact on this corporation of CONWAY. Vote YES! on election day. They say that we are putting our families and earnings in danger for wanting union. I for one think this is bull, I want union! Because of my FAMILY they deserve more. I work for my family much like everyone else. How much time do we get to spend with our families? Answer: Not much. The least thing I could do is make sure they are care for and I can provide for them. We work for hours delivering and then have to work docks. For what? So management can leave a dog supervisor barking orders and pushing over drivers to hustle for the next days shipments.So who benefits? CONWAY because even if we are short on hours or etc. Supervisor will place the favorite brown nosier to do cake work and pull in hours while we look on.If corporate is reading this blog WELCOME! because on Sept. 12 WE ARE VOTING YES!!!

More info on;
changeconway2win

Here is a comment from CC2W

This is the real deal people! Organization is key, Laredo has been moving forward. It is time for other locations to join the movement. Do not leave it all for Laredo to handle. Do your part to make a bigger impact on this corporation of CONWAY. Vote YES! on election day. They say that we are putting our families and earnings in danger for wanting union. I for one think this is bull, I want union! Because of my FAMILY they deserve more. I work for my family much like everyone else. How much time do we get to spend with our families? Answer: Not much. The least thing I could do is make sure they are care for and I can provide for them. We work for hours delivering and then have to work docks. For what? So management can leave a dog supervisor barking orders and pushing over drivers to hustle for the next days shipments.So who benefits? CONWAY because even if we are short on hours or etc. Supervisor will place the favorite brown nosier to do cake work and pull in hours while we look on.If corporate is reading this blog WELCOME! because on Sept. 12 WE ARE VOTING YES!!!
(GREAT) I wish the people the best of luck, I hope they stick to there guns and it spreads system wide!:usa:

:woohoo1:Stand Fast Laredo , good luck with the vote and let's get this done as most in the system are supporting the LLA team !

I will die laughing if they choke and it comes out no.

You guys see where that happened at the VW plant in Tennessee ?

They thought they owned the joint and then..... ooops.

if they do then theres always the next terminal... You think this is going to end in Texas?

Again... Stand Fast Laredo we support your efforts to obtain a contract for better living and working conditions , Except for highspeeds the anti union keyboard ninja , he wants the company to crush and deny any opportunity for employee advancements (ie wages, vac ,retirement,respect, and safe working conditions) it is clear and obviously the anti employee agenda that he is obsessed with amuses' this company minded individual enough to get a few good giggles on your behalf . Vote yes !

Last edited by a moderator:
Again... Stand Fast Laredo we support your efforts to obtain a contract for better living and working conditions , Except for highspeeds the anti union keyboard (⊙▃⊙) , he wants the company to crush and deny any opportunity for employee advancements (ie wages, vac ,retirement,respect, and safe working conditions) it is clear and obviously the anti employee agenda that he is obsessed with amuses' this company minded individual enough to get a few good giggles on your behalf . Vote yes !

To be clear, I am not in any way trying to steal your thunder. Please fully support any and all causes you truly believe in.

I have a different opinion. You see the union as a solution. I see the union as widening the problem.

Side note the union philosophy is part of the (⊙▃⊙) culture. So that was kinda weird.

I don't see giving my rights to someone else as standing up for myself. I see it as me sitting on my hands while expecting someone else to stand for me.

If these working conditions are not acceptable to me. I need to move on. Ultimately, it all pays the same. Only the color of the kool aid changes.

To be clear, I am not in any way trying to steal your thunder. Please fully support any and all causes you truly believe in.

I have a different opinion. You see the union as a solution. I see the union as widening the problem.

Side note the union philosophy is part of the (⊙▃⊙) culture. So that was kinda weird.

I don't see giving my rights to someone else as standing up for myself. I see it as me sitting on my hands while expecting someone else to stand for me.

If these working conditions are not acceptable to me. I need to move on. Ultimately, it all pays the same. Only the color of the kool aid changes.
Auto correct got me ... Meant to say keyboard ninja, apology in advance so I corrected it. Besides I have no thunder left to be stolen at this point l but what i did have stolen was my retirememt, 401k ,vacation , dignity, pride, respect , confidence / integrity in this leadership , plus a long list of other things . More power to ya if you assume you can stand up for your self with this regime at the helm and I can assure you your 'Rights' were boosted from you the second your app was processed sucker, the union will be the salvation from this oppression !

Auto correct got me ... Meant to say keyboard ninja, apology in advance so I corrected it. Besides I have no thunder left to be stolen at this point l but what i did have stolen was my retirememt, 401k ,vacation , dignity, pride, respect , confidence / integrity in this leadership , plus a long list of other things . More power to ya if you assume you can stand up for your self with this regime at the helm and I can assure you your 'Rights' were boosted from you the second your app was processed sucker, the union will be the salvation from this oppression !

I am a ninja. HOI YAA.

If this is truly oppression then salvation is as easy as walking away. There is no way a union will bring you back all of that.

But you also won't find it anywhere else. And I am sure you looked.

Even if you did negotiate to get all of that back what would you have to give up to get it ? It's called bargaining for a reason.

I am a ninja. HOI YAA.

If this is truly oppression then salvation is as easy as walking away. There is no way a union will bring you back all of that.

But you also won't find it anywhere else. And I am sure you looked.

Even if you did negotiate to get all of that back what would you have to give up to get it ? It's called bargaining for a reason.
Don't try to twist my words Mr king of spin , I know exactually what bargaining means ( they give we take ) for a reason . That's bargaining in reverse to what Conway does to us , that's called positive negotiation and its a win for everyone .

No, It was not,............

ಠ▄ಠ abolished the labor unions to take the voice of the people away,.........

Please don't lie,............

That may be wrong, but was it a lie ? I was under the impression that he established national unionism to take over the unions. Not the people. At that point he had taken the country. He had the people. And his search for complete authority lead him to lash out against anything and everything that attempted to get in between the people and his rule. The unions tried to manipulate him. And that was a bad idea. No time for it now. But I might go back and read some more on it. Not nearly as interested in WWII crap as I was years ago. And depending on the sources we can both be 100% correct about what we read and still be 100% wrong as to what actually happened. The truth can often be lost in history. It was after all written by the winners.

Don't try to twist my words Mr king of spin , I know exactually what bargaining means ( they give we take ) for a reason . That's bargaining in reverse to what Conway does to us , that's called positive negotiation and its a win for everyone .

If you believe that you are not as smart as you say. Everything will be fair. There will be lawyers, accountants and arbitrators.

If you want another week vacation it has a value across the labor pool. How much another week vacation will cost the company over the course of the contract.

And you will have to give up something of equal or greater value to get it.

If you believe that you are not as smart as you say. Everything will be fair. There will be lawyers, accountants and arbitrators.

If you want another week vacation it has a value across the labor pool. How much another week vacation will cost the company over the course of the contract.

Highspeeds, how big is your bonus going to be for you and Ted Garcia!
If you manage to disrupt union election at Laredo?

VW plant in tennessee will be unionize it didn't matter who much money republican senator bob corker and the right to work fools wasted fighting against it

Ok Mr Know it all Wizard, you called me out on how to negotiate a contract so I'll twist my brain pan a little and give your some tips on how to achieve a positive contract .
1. The bargaining committee will compile all ideas and concerns into to form of a contract ( ideas from the members ' plus concerns about there
Job) then through personal serveys they will compile a set of priorities .
2. All members will stay informed , involved plus have the maximin amount of communication between the members and bargaining team
3. Once compiled there will be an exchange between the employer and the bargaining unit, both side look for areas of agreement to seek
Compromise where there is a disagreement
4. Both side will bargain in good faith on the give and take bargaining process , there will be disagreement and counterproposals on ie sick leave
Pay rates , holidays etc etc
5. After the employer and bargaining team agree on issues it will be sent to the membership for approval . They can either accept or reject the
Contract ,after this is approved we now have written explanation of our job responsibilities , salary , and benefits plus all other conditions of our
Work and working environment.
Next time step correct and show a little respect , I've been down this road many times before and a little FYI there's nothing fair in this world so what ever you can bargain today will bring prosperity tomorrow and that's a fact of life !

Last edited by a moderator:
Highspeeds, how big is your bonus going to be for you and Ted Garcia!
If you manage to disrupt union election at Laredo?

His bonus is already spent on insurance deductions, and I sure he will have no negative outcome on the vote in Laredo. All he's got to offer is habitual skepticism and disagreeable tendency to deny and resist the inevitable!