XPO | September 12, 2014 Is election for Laredo Texas

All he talks about is how getting a contract will be like Christmas. Just like you did there. Well the company will have to give us all these things.

No they won't. You will have to bargain and negotiate. If you want something you are gonna have to give something up.

It will be give and take. Not take and take. If you want better insurance and more pay and a PENSION. OMG. How are paying for that ? What are you going to give up to get all of that ?

Do you even realize how expensive funding a pension is ? Do you understand the regulations governing pensions changed fairly recently ?

Google it. Read it for yourself. You obviously have a computer. Use it for more than p*on.
Like i have stated before, the company has no proposals for what is going into a the contract. So tell me what will the employee's give up? This would be a first time contract, there is nothing to give up on the part of the employee's. We never negotiate down on a new contracts.
Here you go spinning half truths about the benefits and pensions. First of all most union backed health care benefits are cheaper for the company to buy than what they have now. But how would you know that right, you've never negotiated a contract. And as for the pension, We never promise a pension thats something that could be negotiated if the employee's want that in the contract.
BUT why are you focusing on what could or would go into a contract and focus on what's broken with the Conway way of doing business. Someone here posted that they are more worried about harassing and firing employee's than moving freight, oh how true that statement is!!

I say we all should just call the G.O. and tell them how we don't like lean, sub service, no retirement, lousy pay, no overtime pay, a constant reduction of benefits in general, and 62 mph trucks. I'm sure they'll see the light and improve conditions here outta the goodness of their hearts....cause that's what they do. Please tell me another option for the drivers and dock workers who (at one time) made this company GREAT.

I say if you do call,don't say anything about there not being a Santa Claus or Easter Bunny.The kids running this out fit might get upset.Ask them if we should fly a Pillippino Flag under our American Flag since that's who took over billing.

I say if you do call,don't say anything about there not being a Santa Claus or Easter Bunny.The kids running this out fit might get upset.Ask them if we should fly a Pillippino Flag under our American Flag since that's who took over billing.

Conway jobs outsourced to the lowest bidder ..

So much drama. Can you imagine what it will be like in 11 more days ?

Did they vote yet ? How about now ?

What's the results ? How long till they know ?

I say we all should just call the G.O. and tell them how we don't like lean, sub service, no retirement, lousy pay, no overtime pay, a constant reduction of benefits in general, and 62 mph trucks. I'm sure they'll see the light and improve conditions here outta the goodness of their hearts....cause that's what they do. Please tell me another option for the drivers and dock workers who (at one time) made this company GREAT.

I'm with you on everything but the "lousy pay".

I'm not with you if your point is a union will be able to "make the call" and the company will magically come up with the financial ability to change all the things you list.

Oh, and ABF is union, I believe, and they seem to go around 62mph and also have Werner pulling their pups down the road.

I'm not with you if your point is a union will be able to "make the call" and the company will magically come up with the financial ability to change all the things you list.

Oh, and ABF is union, I believe, and they seem to go around 62mph and also have Werner pulling their pups down the road.
If you resided in the glorious south, you would see that CW averages almost $2 hr less that all our major competitors, plus the whole ot thing. Road drivers lost about 30-40 minutes a night on road speed reduction. We have a $2000 sign on bonus in effect now with no takers.
A union contract regulates the % of how much freight can be subbed out, which I'm sure is much less than what we sub out. The union may or may not be the solution, but there are no viable options, other than resigning, which I'm am very close to doing.
Please inform me of better options.

62 mph yes its in the contract werner pulling pups yes they are only allowed to pull 6% (so they say) does Conway have a cap on what they sub out?

They don't use a cap, it's a ceiling....A very high one too.
They will sub out anything they can. I don't know how it is in the south, but at certain terminals up here, they load more sub-service vans than they do Con-Way pups. XLA is a shining example. 236 doors and over half of them are used for sub vans on the dock plan. Hell, down in sector 1 there's only 2 terminals that load. The rest are sub vans.

Roll in there any time after 2:00 am and there are more stinky OTR slobs there than Con-Way drivers. And now that over half of the people on the dock are dock workers instead of drivers, there's even less company drivers.

Of course, if we had a road board like most other LTL's, a lot of the sub service wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

If you resided in the glorious south, you would see that CW averages almost $2 hr less that all our major competitors, plus the whole ot thing. Road drivers lost about 30-40 minutes a night on road speed reduction. We have a $2000 sign on bonus in effect now with no takers.
A union contract regulates the % of how much freight can be subbed out, which I'm sure is much less than what we sub out. The union may or may not be the solution, but there are no viable options, other than resigning, which I'm am very close to doing.
Please inform me of better options.

OD, especially if you are a road driver.

They will sub out anything they can. I don't know how it is in the south, but at certain terminals up here, they load more sub-service vans than they do Con-Way pups. XLA is a shining example. 236 doors and over half of them are used for sub vans on the dock plan. Hell, down in sector 1 there's only 2 terminals that load. The rest are sub vans.

Roll in there any time after 2:00 am and there are more stinky OTR slobs there than Con-Way drivers. And now that over half of the people on the dock are dock workers instead of drivers, there's even less company drivers.

Of course, if we had a road board like most other LTL's, a lot of the sub service wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Right but one of the few upsides is being home everyday. They run us out like a normal LTL and they will lose a bunch.

Of course everything they do right now is aimed at losing people. And then they claim they didn't want that and offer guys at lower wages and reduced benefits sign on bonuses and retention money to stay.

Because an older driver using his health care and getting the max retirement money and the max money for his area probably costs three times more than a guy off the street even with a $10K sign on bonus.

Right but one of the few upsides is being home everyday. They run us out like a normal LTL and they will lose a bunch.

Of course everything they do right now is aimed at losing people. And then they claim they didn't want that and offer guys at lower wages and reduced benefits sign on bonuses and retention money to stay.

Because an older driver using his health care and getting the max retirement money and the max money for his area probably costs three times more than a guy off the street even with a $10K sign on bonus.
I don't think that the service times have changed at all with sub service. If it arrives early, it is unloaded later not sooner. This has happened at my place many, many times. Sub service doesn't get me home any sooner that a CW truck.(unless they run faster than 62)
Again, all about saving $$$$$.

I don't think that the service times have changed at all with sub service. If it arrives early, it is unloaded later not sooner. This has happened at my place many, many times. Sub service doesn't get me home any sooner that a CW truck.(unless they run faster than 62)
Again, all about saving $$$$$.
I don't think we've ever had a sub show up on time at my barn. We used to get 3-4 a day on inbound because we had a bunch of unbalanced lanes. Now after having nothing but service failures for so long, they cut it down to 1 and just run our guys out empty on vias to other barns close by to steal their freight.

Go Laredo Go!!!!!
There may be a few bosses and drivers against you but remember there's over a million Teamsters with you.
Thanks for your courage to stand up for your American rights.
Hopin and praying that you help us turn this trade, country, and world around.

Do you even really know what happened at the Volkswagon plant? Corporate in Germany wanted them to unionize. The employees didnt want it because they weren't going to gain anything by joining except soneone else digging into their pockets. Volkswagon already pays them well and treats them great.

Do you even really know what happened at the Volkswagon plant? Corporate in Germany wanted them to unionize. The employees didnt want it because they weren't going to gain anything by joining except soneone else digging into their pockets. Volkswagon already pays them well and treats them great.

Different story here. They are trying to eliminate our lively-hoods piece by piece...