ADuiePyle | Service in Maine ?

flstc2000

TB Regular
Credits
I saw a Plye truck in Augusta Maine yesterday sitting at the motel parking lot. Inside the motel was a driver / recruiter interviewing for 2 positions for when they start service to Maine. The story up there is no shortage of applicants for the jobs since Maine is an economically depressed area to begin with, which also brings to mind why a carrier would want to expand into an area with the prospect for a small slice of the business pie ?
I wish them luck and I expect they will be slashing rates in order to gain business for the new expansion.
What gives with this forum ?? Where are all the Plye drivers ?? :USA:

Based on the inside knowledge of another New Penn driver, they are probably expnading to make themselves look bigger than they really are, so they can sell off the company. This way the president of A Duie Pyle can get a big payoff.

Regards to the question as to where all the Pyle drivers. It can be two things.

1. They are so grossly underpaid they cannot affort computers.

2. They are so over worked they do not have time to eat, never mind surf the internet.

Have a great weekend guys.

Friend of the frog said:
Based on the inside knowledge of another New Penn driver, they are probably expnading to make themselves look bigger than they really are, so they can sell off the company. This way the president of A Duie Pyle can get a big payoff.
I never believe rumors, and I personally don't suspect that Pyle is for sale, however in today's business world anything is possible

I have seen the want ads, starting pay is comparable to other carriers, equipment is nice and the ( company ) drivers act like professionals on the highway.
2. They are so over worked they do not have time to eat, never mind surf the internet.
Now that is possible, so that means business at Pyle Co. is good !!
Life is good !

Friend of the frog said:

Exactly. Seen it done numerous times. American Freightways expanded numerous times before selling out to Fed-Ex. Watkins had just expanded before selling out to Fed-Ex. Those two come to mind. If I think of any others I will let you know.
I'll take door number 3 Monty. The company told them not to. A bit unconstitutional sure, but it worked.

While it can never be questioned whether an LTL company will be bought out or not (see so many other examples), Pyle DID NOT expand into Maine to just inflate their service area, thus in the process, be bought out by a larger LTL company.

Pyle is only expanding into a larger portion of Maine to continue to provide their own next-day service into this market. With the direction of their new president, Steve O'Kane (Former NPME President), they are making changes to accommodate larger shippers who do business into this state.

As to their drivers being grossly underpaid. You might want to compare apples to apples, in OT pay, basic hourly pay, and the newer equipment that Pyle provides its drivers.

Some LTL companies pay higher hourly wages, but do NOT pay OT (see multi-regional or load-to-ride carriers). Some pay higher wages than Pyle, but take out union dues.

Remember, not every company is for everybody...Pyle is for some drivers, others, it probably is not what you desire...

pupstyle56 said:
While it can never be questioned whether an LTL company will be bought out or not (see so many other examples), Pyle DID NOT expand into Maine to just inflate their service area, thus in the process, be bought out by a larger LTL company.
Unless you have some insider information, then perhaps what we discussed here is possible, so never rule out the sale of any company. Money talks !
Pyle is only expanding into a larger portion of Maine to continue to provide their own next-day service into this market. With the direction of their new president, Steve O'Kane (Former NPME President), they are making changes to accommodate larger shippers who do business into this state.
In order to grow, any company must expand at some time, along with the customers they serve.
As to their drivers being grossly underpaid. You might want to compare apples to apples, in OT pay, basic hourly pay, and the newer equipment that Pyle provides its drivers.
Most of that was written in jest ... read all the posts and you will see that most of us agree that Pyle pays well. As for equipment, that really doesn't put food on the plate or pay those heating bills. Please ... new, better, more efficent equipment serves the company, not the drivers.
Some LTL companies pay higher hourly wages, but do NOT pay OT (see multi-regional or load-to-ride carriers). Some pay higher wages than Pyle, but take out union dues.
Union dues are fully 100% tax deductable and the higher wages and benifits a union driver receive far outweigh the dues payment.
Remember, not every company is for everybody...Pyle is for some drivers, others, it probably is not what you desire...
This is true.

Hello, sort anoob here

hello ladies and gents!
I've been kind of lurking around.
I love this site! thanks for having me :)

Pyle has started their service in Maine. They use the same motel and parking area as we do, have visited our customers too, and so it seems they have copied our operation exactly, which can only mean that Steve O. knows what works .... but can't come up with an original idea on his own.

i have no doubt steve o'kane, as nice a guy that he is, would hessitate to sell another company for a buck and charlie zac right along side him

Why do you think it happen? I would like to sefl move into more states. They told us that dayton and adp would never cross each other.

I saw a Plye truck in Augusta Maine yesterday sitting at the motel parking lot. Inside the motel was a driver / recruiter interviewing for 2 positions for when they start service to Maine. The story up there is no shortage of applicants for the jobs since Maine is an economically depressed area to begin with, which also brings to mind why a carrier would want to expand into an area with the prospect for a small slice of the business pie ?
I wish them luck and I expect they will be slashing rates in order to gain business for the new expansion.
What gives with this forum ?? Where are all the Plye drivers ?? :USA:

Hey Guys,
A UPSFrt. driver here. We've got some of your equipment in our Newberg NY terminal,running a one-way haul to Portland Maine with our freight. Your driver picks up the load and off to Portland. He drops the trlr,takes hours,picks up the empty and back he goes.Soooo, technically you already serve Maine.

some of you guys take things way to literal, frog was being funny not serious. now comes the responses we know but we neede to defend Pyle. re-read it and smile for what it is.

Maine

I don't know what Motel you think they work out of but Pyle has been in Maine for years . they have several major accts. had drivers working out of westbrook at BSP next to Roadway .they Turn from mass to Lewiston area Daily .then have a linehaul bring up 2 trailers for the Westbrook drivers to go to Bangor with and give all the crap downeast to BSP . when the guys in Maine Quit they have a problem and have to put up some guys in a motel to work that end til replacements are hired .the guy you probably saw in the motel was Bob H .driving by day and looking for drivers at night . He was up here for a month that I know of.