service update

you are wrong Kidd .It's all about control! Forcing your will over others weaker than you . If it was about money only an absolute idiot would spent 20 or 30 million to bring his own healthy and profitable company down.

you are wrong Kidd .It's all about control! Forcing your will over others weaker than you . If it was about money only an absolute idiot would spent 20 or 30 million to bring his own healthy and profitable company down.

Good point But what they think is without union labor they will make even more money and then force everything down your throat. Dad worked for non union. There was no stopping the owners. He was told frequently " If you don't like it go find another job" When a person works hard and is a good employee they should not get this type of treatment. Could you imagine what they would do? Dave and Ed have shown us Just by putting out Employment Ads that say "permanent replacement Drivers needed" What about the drivers that have put in 20 or 30 years? Replacements with no experience is what they are getting. Let me put an add in the paper

Oak Harbor Freight Lines is looking for permanent replacement Owners. Job requires you are able to lie, and cheat. Set at a desk. Hire vendors that have criminal records, must be able to wear a halo while being in bed with the devil. Must be able to watch your employees work while telling everyone your going to hire replacements for less money. Must be able to do good deeds in front of men for your own glory, carry a bible, attend the CR Church, Love your neighbor as yourself as long as you get something out of it or it gets put in the company news letter. Tell people that money is over rated while having your employees take a 4 year wage freeze during the biggest expansion of the company and assets ever. And last of all tell your workers that your running an OR of 101 all the while Your other 3 companies suck off of Oak Harbor freight like a dozen pigletts going after one nipple. It is easier to fill that job than a Union Driver. My Dad has more integrity in his little toe Than Dave and Ed have combined. The Kidd

Well said Kidd you have obviously learned alot from your dad!! Honesty, Integrity and Loyalty. Keep it up Kidd you should go far in life with those values.

Thats true! But I haven't heard any one claiming that the vanderfool's were overly intelligent either..:hysterical:
We know it's about selfish, absoloute control, (and greed) that is all they care about. They do not care about the employees. The employees are nothing more than numbers to the vanderfools.
By the way has any one noticed the employee pictures on the their web site? Notice how they are all from Cali.? I wonder if the quotes are actually the employees? Or either that what they had to threaten them with to get them to say it in the first place. Of course I guess if you can't get a job any where else you may be glad to work for joak harbor's non-union, non-respecting, back stabbing, threatening, and bullying company.
They are probably all the :butt kiss: they could scrounge up!

Good point But what they think is without union labor they will make even more money and then force everything down your throat. Dad worked for non union. There was no stopping the owners. He was told frequently " If you don't like it go find another job" When a person works hard and is a good employee they should not get this type of treatment. Could you imagine what they would do? Dave and Ed have shown us Just by putting out Employment Ads that say "permanent replacement Drivers needed" What about the drivers that have put in 20 or 30 years? Replacements with no experience is what they are getting. Let me put an add in the paper

Oak Harbor Freight Lines is looking for permanent replacement Owners. Job requires you are able to lie, and cheat. Set at a desk. Hire vendors that have criminal records, must be able to wear a halo while being in bed with the devil. Must be able to watch your employees work while telling everyone your going to hire replacements for less money. Must be able to do good deeds in front of men for your own glory, carry a bible, attend the CR Church, Love your neighbor as yourself as long as you get something out of it or it gets put in the company news letter. Tell people that money is over rated while having your employees take a 4 year wage freeze during the biggest expansion of the company and assets ever. And last of all tell your workers that your running an OR of 101 all the while Your other 3 companies suck off of Oak Harbor freight like a dozen pigletts going after one nipple. It is easier to fill that job than a Union Driver. My Dad has more integrity in his little toe Than Dave and Ed have combined. The Kidd

I coundn't have said it better Kid :1036316054:

Looks like OHFL is off to yet another counterproductive week! There was an accident in Portland involving a linecrossing driver and a van of some sort. Injuries unknown if any. Sorry not much detail at this time other than the occurrance of an accident involving OHFL. My big question is when is Dave and Ed going to stop spinning their wheels going backwards and start negotiating in good faith and move forward beyond the damage they have done to this once thriving company??

Looks like OHFL is off to yet another counterproductive week! There was an accident in Portland involving a linecrossing driver and a van of some sort. Injuries unknown if any. Sorry not much detail at this time other than the occurrance of an accident involving OHFL. My big question is when is Dave and Ed going to stop spinning their wheels going backwards and start negotiating in good faith and move forward beyond the damage they have done to this once thriving company??

That would be FRED aka "CHICKEN LEGS" that crashed this
fine AM into the van. All the details are not out yet but we
will try to get a copy of the accident report tomorrow. Seems like it would be a good idea warn the
public of the hours Oak Harbor Drivers will be on the street. Not only do the Vanderfools not care about thier former employees and retirees, they are now and have been putting the public at risk since Sept 22 2008. What if this was a Bus load of kids?
Don't believe it? go to the you tube videos type in Oak Harbor and see for yourself.........:TR10driving03:

Wow ! We'd all like to know what happens to Mr Chicken.
No contract. No union rep to save him. Bad record already most likely. At will employee status. Dumb as a stump. No friends. No gonads. I hope he's fired. Rats who cross usually get what they deserve . It's all about choices!!!! This situation might well serve as a wake up call for those who think they can make their own deal with the VPs.
Cluck cluck cluck Mr Chicken

No contract. No union rep to save him. Bad record already most likely. At will employee status. Dumb as a stump. No friends. No gonads. I hope he's fired. Rats who cross usually get what they deserve . It's all about choices!!!! This situation might well serve as a wake up call for those who think they can make their own deal with the VPs.

They only get rid of you after they use you up. No union to protect him makes it better. Bye Bye

Here is where the problem is. Making accusations of his record "most likely". Either he has a record or doesn't. This would not be the first or the last accident to come from the termanal or company and pray that they don't. But regardless he is the same person he was before the strike, he crossed for his own reasons, maybe he didn't see the merit of it, or needs a paycheck like the rest of us. But before he was regarded as a bretheran. And you said it, "NO REP to SAVE HIM". If this is deemed to be an avoidable accident he deserves the consiquences. If he has had to many, he deserves to be terminated for being a liability and an unsafe driver, but to many times have I seen that if this were the same union represented driver he would be protected. "You can't fire him, we have to go through the greivance process and when they don't like that, it's arbitration." At which point it just becomes cheaper to say, "Fine they can keep there job as long as they keep their nose clean for 6 months". Plain and simple, a bad employee is a bad employee and just because they are union
doesn't make them a good one. So when you are sitting at the union hall meetings just think about who is serving who the kool aid.
And just a note fore Kiddriver, Really getting tired of the whole, my dad this, my dad that. When you have something to say something for yourself, great! Just a thought

Here is where the problem is. Making accusations of his record "most likely". Either he has a record or doesn't. This would not be the first or the last accident to come from the termanal or company and pray that they don't. But regardless he is the same person he was before the strike, he crossed for his own reasons, maybe he didn't see the merit of it, or needs a paycheck like the rest of us. But before he was regarded as a bretheran. And you said it, "NO REP to SAVE HIM". If this is deemed to be an avoidable accident he deserves the consiquences. If he has had to many, he deserves to be terminated for being a liability and an unsafe driver, but to many times have I seen that if this were the same union represented driver he would be protected. "You can't fire him, we have to go through the greivance process and when they don't like that, it's arbitration." At which point it just becomes cheaper to say, "Fine they can keep there job as long as they keep their nose clean for 6 months". Plain and simple, a bad employee is a bad employee and just because they are union
doesn't make them a good one. So when you are sitting at the union hall meetings just think about who is serving who the kool aid.
And just a note fore Kiddriver, Really getting tired of the whole, my dad this, my dad that. When you have something to say something for yourself, great! Just a thought
8Ball Point is with an at will employee fault or no fault, the company can let you go for any reason anytime they choose. You have absolutely no recourse but walk away. I'll take representation and a chance to defend myself anytime. Chicken boy deserves what he gets . He made the choice. Cluck cluck cluck

heard today that Gavin called the cops. It didn't go in his favor. poor little boy playing at being a truck driver doesn't like it when he calls for his mommy and it doesn't work to make it all better.

8Ball Point is with an at will employee fault or no fault, the company can let you go for any reason anytime they choose. You have absolutely no recourse but walk away. I'll take representation and a chance to defend myself anytime. Chicken boy deserves what he gets . He made the choice. Cluck cluck cluck

That is not true at all. I am an at will employee, as are most states. You still have the law on your side and I have seen someone let go for no cause. It always comes back as wrongful termination and if they have a case the company is held acountable and the employee is compensated and/or reinstated.
I have seen how the system is handled at OAKH, there is a committee that handles each and every accident and comes to a determination. Just like an application for work, if the driver does a lousy job at completeing the accident report or lies, they will likely spend little time or interest in trying to save a persons job.

That is not true at all. I am an at will employee, as are most states. You still have the law on your side and I have seen someone let go for no cause. It always comes back as wrongful termination and if they have a case the company is held acountable and the employee is compensated and/or reinstated.
I have seen how the system is handled at OAKH, there is a committee that handles each and every accident and comes to a determination. Just like an application for work, if the driver does a lousy job at completeing the accident report or lies, they will likely spend little time or interest in trying to save a persons job.

The company appoints their yes boys and kisses to a kangaroo court who then subjectively rule yeah or nay depending on company politics. Then you have to hire an attorney to prove wrongful termination and the company starves you out. I have to tell you I much prefer a contract with progressive disciplinary rules. A union to represent me, help me fill out the report, and support me on the spot.
I just like an even playing field. Not to be misconstrued as a way to escape responsibility for my or others actions. Keep your plan the union plan suits me just fine.

Taken from OHFL Service update:
At the same time, our SAFESTAT safety rating has improved from 23 to 22 (SAFESTAT is a DOT safety rating from 1 - 100, lower being better. 21 is one of the best we know of in the trucking industry).

Taken from FMCSA website:
The SafeStat results for OAK HARBOR FREIGHT LINES INC are being recalculated and will be posted after the recalculation has been completed.

I wonder if they will update the changes on their SafeStat results on the company website after the month they just had lol. Chemical spill, accident in Portland and who knows what else will happen with the snow here now.

Of course they will post as they. slip slide away Haven't they always in the past?
Doesn't seem to bother them much however many times they have to lie. I'm not much for religion but in almost all major religions lying is not acceptable. .Most minor ones too.
SNOW ALWAYS PUTS ME IN A HOLIDAY SPIRIT