service update

I's thinking we have a couple of good authors who can post a service update for us since the company hasn't decided to let us know what is going on after the nlrb rulings. Lets see, nlrb finds some of the charges have merit, lay offs in Reno, Portland and Auburn (I'm sure there are more just no one talking), truck crashes in Portland, chemical spills, JC Penneys jumps ship (with the Gap following suit?). I am sure there is more I have forgotten. So Ed & Dave how is your Christmas season going?

Of course they will post as they. slip slide away Haven't they always in the past?

You are absolutely right I should have thought harder on that one lol. My bad.

From The Daily Astorian:

One Oak Harbor Freight Company truck traveling north was buffeted from side to side on the downward stretch from the top of the bridge and as it straightened out on the longest flat part it spent most of the 4.5-mile span leaning at an impossible angle as the driver worked to keep it on all its wheels. :hysterical: VPs your SafeStats could be getting higher!

You are absolutely right I should have thought harder on that one lol. My bad.

From The Daily Astorian:

One Oak Harbor Freight Company truck traveling north was buffeted from side to side on the downward stretch from the top of the bridge and as it straightened out on the longest flat part it spent most of the 4.5-mile span leaning at an impossible angle as the driver worked to keep it on all its wheels. :hysterical: VPs your SafeStats could be getting higher!

What is is this, ohfl inexpierienced driver? Do you have a link to this story, or a copy of it by chance? Please do tell.

from oakh.com
December 12, 2008

Business Update

We finished November with 98.6% on time delivery and so far, in December, we are at 98.06%. We are also maintaining a reduced number of delivery notations as a percent of total shipments compared to last year. We are happy to say our business levels are stable related to our November numbers. We typically experience a slowdown of business in December and this year so far we are maintaining our volumes.
Rumor has it that you have laid off virtually all office staff, you business levels are stable as related to your November numbers? The business is a virtual shell of it's former self, the company services no where near even 50% or the former volume and that's plain as day by driving by any terminal and looking at the piles of empties
(they are the short trailers parked nose to tail across any available fenced area the company has available to them).

image from http://www.teamsters174.org/MEDIA/Holding-the-line/holding-the-line.htm

Employee Update

We are happy to say we are fully staffed by Oak Harbor employees and no longer have need for temporary employees supplied by our staffing vendor. They did a great job for us and we thank them for that. To date, 136 employees represented by the teamsters union have crossed the picket line and returned to work. We believe the operational numbers speaks to the quality of the individuals on our team.

When there is no work, their is no corresponding need for people to do said work. While your strikebreaking crew may be out the door, I just don't see the numbers as you do, because to me and hopefully any other person reading this it makes complete sense that if you have 35% of the freight you used to have, it would be far easier to make service dates and since you have these service dates to make, it would make sense that you would have to cut trailers that were not full of freight, when you don't pack a trailer and use the cube, you reduce chances of damage because stacking and breaking down is not necessary. I bet the average weight of an outbound trailer is down 70% or more, that's a real number that would indicate actual business volume, service dates and damages have no value when trying to depict volume.

Industry News

We have heard, due to the volatility of our industry, some carriers have moved to reduce the expiration date on their rate quotes to as little as 4 days. While we understand why that was done, we are not changing our standard time of 30 days. We feel 30 days gives our customers the ability to plan and the exposure to our company is minimal.

For some time, our customers have been receiving communications from the Teamsters. Most of the communications are very inflammatory and often times contain very little truth. We want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. It is our hope we can get the labor dispute resolved soon and eliminate any inconvenience you may be experiencing. If you have any concerns or questions about the information you receive, please either contact your account manager or e-mail us at [email protected].

How arrogant and dismissive, it is not at all funny, the writer actually may suffer from a severe psychological condition. Everyone here is aware of the severity of this situation, and the emotions involved, why someone would think it appropriate dismiss the efforts of the labor employees as a minor inconvenience. It just seems inappropriate.
From all the Oak Harbor employees, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Shove it up you a$$!!!

The tooth on target

Wow! another top notch interpretation of what the OHFL website is saying. I nominate the tooth to write the company updates from now on! Do I hear anyone second the motion? Ed why are you not living at home anymore? The wood shoes have dry.... the cellular structure has broken down. The Kidd

Wow! another top notch interpretation of what the OHFL website is saying. I nominate the tooth to write the company updates from now on! Do I hear anyone second the motion? Ed why are you not living at home anymore? The wood shoes have dry.... the cellular structure has broken down. The Kidd

What's this ed isn't living at home any more? If so, could it be that his missguided, blind, self centered, egotistical, ignorance, has gotten him in another fine mess? Another battle for him to start, that is a win, win, win situation (for the other party).

What's this ed isn't living at home any more? If so, could it be that his missguided, blind, self centered, egotistical, ignorance, has gotten him in another fine mess? Another battle for him to start, that is a win, win, win situation (for the other party).

Actually, it might have something to do with the fact that his mother in law has passed away.

Mother in law?

Actually, it might have something to do with the fact that his mother in law has passed away.

So you move into an appartment because your mother in law passes away????? I think it has more to do with drilling on his boat. Without his wife. The ship is sinking and lets watch were all the rats run.:hysterical:

We heard a rumor in Portland yesterday that joak harbor is implementing a 10% cut effectivly imeadetly for all non-core employees, and an additional 10% after the first of the year. HA HA HA the ship is sinking! The vela's get a taste of justice with more to come!

So you move into an appartment because your mother in law passes away????? I think it has more to do with drilling on his boat. Without his wife. The ship is sinking and lets watch were all the rats run.:hysterical:

A family member passes away and thats funny??

Not at all, but you need to read all the thread before you post a message.:chairshot:

I did and thats what it seems like to me.It seems like you should be more caredul when you quote when someone talks about a death in the family.You can bash the man all you want that is ok.

I did and thats what it seems like to me.It seems like you should be more caredul when you quote when someone talks about a death in the family.You can bash the man all you want that is ok.

IT SAYS.... He move to an appartment because his mother in law passed away ? Question Mark!!!! ( I have never know anyone that moved out of his house because his mother in law died) That is not funny. The context is... Ed is Drilling on his boat... and he is not drilling his wife. NOW THATS FUNNY!:hysterical: In other words He moved out because Of the Drilling, not because of the death.:duh:

Eh, someone finally got rid of the tiny forum troll, eh?

On a serious note... Anyone have any more information regarding the pay cut Oak H is implementing?

Regards

Mr. R

I think it is a relevant issue because it speaks to the moral fiber or lack thereof of the individuals responsible for this situation. As to the validity of the statement it is no more irrelevant than several other rumors that have been posted and allowed to stay in there respective threads. Anything that cannot be verified through an news article could be considered a non-truth or slanderous. It is my belief that while this may be a very personal issue I would counter that all issues relating to ones job, and ability to care for their family are personal, without arguments and debate these forums would have no purpose for existing.

I guess what I am saying is it's all personal, please don't defend the Vanderpols because they deserve no respect from anyone on these boards or anywhere. After all, who would come onto these forums and take every word as fact anyway? I urge you to let the dialectic go where it needs to go for the hundreds of devoted Teamsters that have been thrown out like garbage by these scumbags.