Yellow | Shake Up at The Top.

This was back when they had no intention of keeping Holland around.Their regional map for 1 and 2 day lanes in our coverage area were almost identical.Yrc was going to chew us up and spit us out.Had the econmy not tanked and the banks started calling the shots, Hollond would be another victim of Yellow freight.

This was back when they had no intention of keeping Holland around.Their regional map for 1 and 2 day lanes in our coverage area were almost identical.Yrc was going to chew us up and spit us out.Had the econmy not tanked and the banks started calling the shots, Hollond would be another victim of Yellow freight.
Hate to disagree F, but Holland is another victim already also!!!!

Anyone know what went down today In KC. today. Heard they streamlined the chain of command, knocking out a few VPs. Yellow has smart people at the top .They weren't happy with the numbers for 1st qt. They will make adjustments from top to bottom to get the numbers they want.:cool:
If it was a good idea back then it would definitely be a good idea now. They need to reduce management by half at least. Instead they're hiring like crazy. We just hired 1 to fill in for vacations, no other purpose. This company is an insane asylum.
The only thing shaken at the top is the cocktail mixers:very drunk::wee::eagerness::wee::wtflol:
Are you talking about the 9 KCM workers who were fired
what were they fired for?

If it was a good idea back then it would definitely be a good idea now. They need to reduce management by half at least. Instead they're hiring like crazy. We just hired 1 to fill in for vacations, no other purpose. This company is an insane asylum.

I was thinking someone frow KC would respond. I do not have the hard facts but there was a big meeting and a change of operation was threaten

Bumming was the last I heard and most if not all got their jobs back

Don't delete it!!! Someone changed the date. This really went down today!!!! Heads are rolling in KC and at 511!!!!
No heads rolling at 511 all the big wheels have left and management still set on stupid

They tried the 1-2 day freight before they bought Holland ! Fell flat on their faces. Then grossly overpaid for Holland!

They tried the 1-2 day freight before they bought Holland ! Fell flat on their faces. Then grossly overpaid for Holland!
YRC doesn't want to service freight, we just want to haul it. Been trying to get this one account for years and they would throw us a bone every now and then with a "Time Critical" shipment. Then finally we get the shot to be their primary carrier to service all the west coast freight past Salt Lake City. And what do we do? Put it on the rail and you know the story "Tales From The Rails" (good thread starter). Lost the account and the story goes as I said "we don't service freight, we just want to haul it".

I finally threw the maps away that they were implementing for their sales force a couple of months ago.This was after they bought Holland and their maps were almost identical to ours.They were definitely going to copy our footprint and our service.At least they were going to try.Their city drivers were even passing their regional maps out to the customers in Atlanta.