Shameful Omission

Discussion in 'Politics' started by albag, Feb 28, 2018.

1. albag

albag Pray for peace! AD-FREE USER

CCXdriver likes this.
  2. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

CNN-1
    Everyone else-1000

Northern Flash likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish.

There was another kid who claimed that he had a question that he wanted to ask and CNN supposedly wouldn't let him ask it, and instead they wanted to give him a different question to ask.
    Or is this the same kid?
    :idunno:
    :wtflol:

CNN sucks donkey wang either way.

SAC75 and Rastus like this.
  4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

So is this supposed to give CNN credability?

after more than a year of total bias against this administration, where things were literally made up

Nope their still FAKE NEWS

Northern Flash, SAC75 and Rastus like this.
  5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

(From the article) The spat led to several conservative website stories accusing CNN of a pro-gun control bias.

They do have one, regardless. Read their articles, look at their guests and comments, or listen to the event.

6. albag

Occasionally you gentlemen need to step out of this "echo chamber". The majority of Americans are fed up with gun violence. The rallying cry of 2nd Amendment rights is being overtaken by the common sense fact that high muzzle velocity rifles with high capacity magazines are inappropriate in civilian hands. None of these statistics are in dispute, and to the majority of Americans very disturbing. (https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americas/us-gun-statistics/index.html) While that statistic evidently does not trouble any of you, many more Americans find that to be excessive and unnecessary. Please don't respond with the tired excuse that guns are needed to protect yourselves from our government. FOR 8 YEARS, all American society heard was Obama and Democrats were going to take away guns from Americans, leaving them defenseless. Yet for all the "sky is falling" rhetoric, it did NOT occur.
    I suspect that all of you here live in relatively rural areas with extremely low violent crime rates. Yet you continue to profess the NEED for multiple guns to protect yourselves. I often wonder how many of you have seen the business end of ANY gun. I am referring to as a civilian, military service does not count. I have, up close AND very personal. Yet, I recognize that this country is awash in guns and I will not be a part of that shameful FACT. How does one American justify owning 8 guns? (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...le-what-it-used-to-be/?utm_term=.d9c0de824855) What can you possibly do with that many guns? As a child my dad owned an M-1 Carbine rifle, a 30/06 Winchester rifle, a Browning semi-automatic shotgun, a 12 gauge Browning shotgun and 2 Smith and Wesson .22 caliber pistols. Of all those guns ONLY the pistols and the 30/06 were ever fired, in our basement where he had set up a range. And none of them were EVER stored with ammunition loaded. In fact the ammunition was stored in a safe in his bedroom which was on the second story. The guns were stored in racks in the den on the first floor. We were taught the proper care and use of fire arms. My dad was a Marine veteran of World War II, and recognized just how potentially DANGEROUS guns are!

canaryinthemine likes this.
  7. Rastus

Ignorance doesn’t trump the constitution. Maybe if the government schools started teaching the constitution in kindergarten before white privilege (or at all) we would have a better educated citizenry.

Northern Flash and SAC75 like this.
  8. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I am a veteran, and a gun owner. And I see no need for high-capacity assault rifles. In my opinion, they are toys,....and ,in some cases,....boosters of male psyche,.....for those in need of a boost. I never needed to strap my "courage" on my hip, and parade around in public......

I am old enough to remember high school shooting clubs,....and high-school members of that club carrying their .22's on the school bus. There was never talk back then about needing guns to "protect" us from our own elected government.

Something changed,.......and I believe that change was fostered by gun manufacturers who realized that.....if they built a good product,...it would last a hundred years........Or,....to put it commercially:....No sales to that customer for a hundred years........

So,...........somehow, someone linked Second Amendment rights to .....patriotism......Even though there was no debate on this for the preceding 200 years.........And,...it's funny. In my experience, many of the loudest proponents of Second Amendment rights,.......have NO idea what the First Amendment is about. Try it yourself and see.........Ask some very vocal supporter of the Second Amendment: "What are the three Freedoms and two Rights granted in the First Amendment?"...............and watch the blank stares. I've been asking that for years......and it's very sad....and frightening.....

And those same people wouldn't have the wherewithal to hold up a gas station,......let alone form an organized mob to overthrow our government......

Guns ARE dangerous..........Many "tools" are. And especially so when overheated rhetoric and faux patriotism , anger , greed, and hatred are connected to them.

albag likes this.
  9. jimmy g

We disagree. 180 degrees. No matter, to limit my Rights, takes a constitutional amendment.

Northern Flash, SAC75 and Rastus like this.
  10. albag

You may own as many muzzle loading muskets as you want. You just won't be able to purchase or possess any semi automatic, high muzzle velocity rifles, with large capacity ammunition clips. Problem solved! :1036316054:
    By the way, assault style rifles were banned before. And there was no change in the Constitution.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  11. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

The 2nd Amendment was meant to keep our government from overstepping their bounds. Your bull crap idea that a government can’t and won’t do this is idiotic.

12. jimmy g

ARs were never banned, per se. New production of them was banned, for a time limited, law with a sunset. Already manufactured ARs were perfectly legal. No one took it to Court, since it was time limited. All it did was make the old one cost more and become more popular. Millions were legally owned during that period.

Machine guns capable of automatic fire are even legal, and not banned. They are highly taxed and regulated.

Was the gun in your face an AR, or a handgun, and not Germaine to this discussion? Was that gun legally bought, or are you now proving that banning weapons doesn't stop them from being used by criminals?

SCOTUS decided, in the Miller Decision, that 'Weapons of War' are legal for Citizens to own, under our 2nd Amendment. The Miller Decision stated that 'Weapons used for War', are why we HAVE the 2nd Amendment.

Our Bill of Rights has many Rights that can be suspended or halted because of certain conditions. Only ONE Right Can NOT be infringed, no matter what those conditions- the 2nd Amendment- the Right to Bear Arms. And I don't even have an AR!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  13. jimmy g

What does banning ARs have to do with a mentally deranged kid shooting up a school (that virtually everyone inside, and the police, and the FBI knew he was going to do?) This is Not a Gun Issue... even a parent of a killed child said that!

14. Rastus

The more pieces falling into place the more points to that PROMISE program and general incompetence. The police were called to the Cruz house because the killer had his mother pinned against the wall which is obviously domestic violence.
    Why wasn’t that on this guys record it’s a disqualification on a background check.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  15. jimmy g

I typed all this while awaiting a tow truck. Starter out, AT the Fuel Pumps, Sayre, Okla. I think my good friend (yes, he is- he bought my breakfast, last time we met) albag, put a hex on my truck!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  16. jimmy g

The Miller case:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

On March 30, 1939, the Supreme Court heard the case. Attorneys for the United States argued four points:

1. The NFA is intended as a revenue-collecting measure and therefore within the authority of the Department of the Treasury.
    2. The defendants transported the shotgun from Oklahoma to Arkansas, and therefore used it in interstate commerce.
    3. The Second Amendment protects only the ownership of military-type weapons appropriate for use in an organized militia.
    4. The "double barrel 12-gauge Stevens shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches in length, bearing identification number 76230" was never used in any militia organization.
    It was about transporting a sawed off shotgun.

They found it illegal because it was NOT a 'weapon used in War'. They found that the 2nd Amendment protects citizens owning weapons used for a common defense.

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense.

17. albag

I fit the description of an armed robbery suspect. I was hitch hiking and a Homewood, IL squad car came flying up. The cop exited the car gun drawn. Screaming for me to put hands up. A very terrifying experience for a 16 year old.

jimmy g likes this.
  18. albag

I will admit that our friendship transcends any disagreements we may have. And the reason is very simple. You are an honorable, sincere and compassionate man. A rarity in today's world. Thank You!

seabreeze and jimmy g like this.
  19. jimmy g

so it wasn't an AR!?:emoticon digging:
    I almost faced similar, not quite. I met a Pa State Trooper, while driving, and sharing a can of soda with one of my friends who happens to be Black, Halloween, 1971. Two different races, on the Maryland Line, right after Whites Only Signs ordered down. He ordered us out with his hand ON his gun, but not out and pointed. Definitely scary, I agree. But nothing to do with protecting kids from school shootings. Neither do gun bans have to do with school shootings.

Moreover, at least in Florida- the Coral Springs Cops ran toward the gunfire, while the Broward Co gun grabbing Sheriff ran toward the cameras...

Northern Flash, albag and Rastus like this.
  20. jimmy g