Shameful Omission

Discussion in 'Politics' started by albag, Feb 28, 2018.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

There are no numerical limits on how many guns a,person can own. Really, it doesn't mater if a person owns 2,018 guns. The issue in the school shooting isn't guns- it's protection of the kids. If the school is as guarded as a Courthouse or Airport, no guns will get in to shoot anyone... of course, kids were still bleeding, and politicians were running to microphones to demand gun bans. I believe it's electioneering. They need kids shot to gin up their Base to vote. Shameful...

Northern Flash and Rastus like this.
  2. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Be careful in Sayre. There are signs warning not to pick up hitch hikers because of escapees from the local prison.

jimmy g likes this.
  3. jimmy g

Yep. I park here twice a week. Scary thing is- I normally take a long walk to keep up circulation. I've always figured it'll be a blood clot that kills me, from sitting 11 hrs a day.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

I agree
    Americans are also sick that every time something like this happens, the gun grabbers are out in full force
    heck there was a congress person calling for gun control even before the Florida shooter was apprehended.

Once again the left ignores the one basic problem with their argument , criminals dont follow the law
    they will still possess guns and the law abiding citizens will be disarmed and victims

Who do most illegal criminals prey on?
    its other illegals because they have no where to turn to

Are not drugs illegal in prisons?
    bet you can find a lot of drugs in prisons

this argument is flawed
    plus if Americans "support" it so much, pass an amendment

Northern Flash, Rastus and jimmy g like this.
  5. jimmy g

I Have been pinned by one man, while another angry man held a hunting knife against my neck, telling a friend of mine he intends to kill me. 45 years ago. He didn't, but he had me convinced....

No one is leading a movement to ban knives.

We were going to throw shelled corn at cars for fun. Stupid, yes... They started without me. I wasn't even to the field yet, and got tackled and held. Lesson learned.

Guns have murdered 400 kids- avg 1 a week, since Columbine. Abortion has murdered 63 million babies since 1963. One million a year. Keep that in perspective... we can make schools safer. How about wombs???

DCM_Doc and Northern Flash like this.
  6. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

A cell phone ban would be much more productive for saving young people.

[​IMG]

7. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

School shooting deaths in February... 17
    Chicago homicides in February........ 38
    Opioid deaths in February.............. 4200

Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.
  8. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

How about requiring insurance on each gun,...similar to auto insurance? That way, any criminal caught with an uninsured gun can be charged with that and be financially responsible for any liability incurred.....Same as a car.

If your gun is stolen and used in a crime,.....and you have it insured,...you are covered for liability. Victims get paid.......

If you whip that gun out in a Road Rage incident,....and that gun was insured,.....any property, or medical issue would be handled. Your Road Rage would be handled in a separate court.

We require 18 year olds to be insured in autos. We require a minimum amount of state-certified training, too. Like owning that new Lexus,....if you make it financially hard for a younger person with limited means to own a top-dollar high-powered large magazine capacity gun by adding a monthly insurance bill to that ownership,..... same as a car,.....you may limit some of the "troubled" youth from causing gun havoc.

The argument is that Second Amendment rights are there to prevent tyrannical government....( a problem we didn't really have in the perception of the citizenry until about 30 years ago...........) Well, then,.....we might require a Civics class for 18-year-olds prior to their owning a gun.....AND insuring it,.....so they understand the lethal responsibility of ownership...............and not just the thrill of high-powered mayhem,..like they are taught in "Call of Duty" and similar other video games.

I'm sure any responsible gun owner would gladly pay liability insurance on any firearm he owned,....if for no other reason but to demonstrate he IS a responsible member of our society,.....differentiating himself from the gang-bangers, troubled youth, wackos and theives......

What do you think?

9. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

I already differentiate myself from those criminals, I don’t need to prove it to anyone but myself.

jimmy g likes this.
  10. jimmy g

I think you have basic Marxist/Central Control beliefs.

11. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

"canaryinthemine How about requiring insurance on each gun,...similar to auto insurance? That way, any criminal caught with an uninsured gun can be charged with that and be financially responsible for any liability incurred.....Same as a car.

What are you going to get when you sue someone who is already a loser?

If your gun is stolen and used in a crime,.....and you have it insured,...you are covered for liability. Victims get paid.......

Be responsible for someone elses crime WOW!!!

If you whip that gun out in a Road Rage incident,....and that gun was insured,.....any property, or medical issue would be handled. Your Road Rage would be handled in a separate court.

We have civil and criminal courts now!

We require 18 year olds to be insured in autos. We require a minimum amount of state-certified training, too. Like owning that new Lexus,....if you make it financially hard for a younger person with limited means to own a top-dollar high-powered large magazine capacity gun by adding a monthly insurance bill to that ownership,..... same as a car,.....you may limit some of the "troubled" youth from causing gun havoc.

Above you wanted to sue the perpetrators and now you want limit access by increasing cost!

The argument is that Second Amendment rights are there to prevent tyrannical government....( a problem we didn't really have in the perception of the citizenry until about 30 years ago...........) Well, then,.....we might require a Civics class for 18-year-olds prior to their owning a gun.....AND insuring it,.....so they understand the lethal responsibility of ownership...............and not just the thrill of high-powered mayhem,..like they are taught in "Call of Duty" and similar other video games.

Do you or someone in your family sell insurance ?

I'm sure any responsible gun owner would gladly pay liability insurance on any firearm he owned,....if for no other reason but to demonstrate he IS a responsible member of our society,.....differentiating himself from the gang-bangers, troubled youth, wackos and theives......

I have more insurance than I will ever need! Umbrella liability and NRA Carryguard

What do you think?

I think you are sincere in what you believe but continued attacks on the object (guns) is a waste of time!

12. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish.

Al,
    We have the "right" to bear arms. It doesn't say anything about "needing" them. And we choose to exercise that right. If you don't like that unalienable right, change the Constitution.
    And we don't "need" multiple guns to protect ourselves as you say, but we do have the "right" to own as many as we want, and for whatever purpose that we want.
    You would rather dodge the mental health issue, the FBI failures, and the Coward County failures because it doesn't fit your agenda, but the reality is that trying to take a handful of guns off the streets doesn't cure any of the above issues.
    The guns can't all be confiscated, that ship has sailed, and the criminals don't follow laws anyway, so don't expect our side to turn in our guns and make ourselves vulnerable to the criminals that kept theirs. Not happening.

jimmy g likes this.
  13. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

I have a close relative who was shot in massacre on a military installation several years ago. She survived but will always have physical problems because of the shooting. I trained her to shoot when she was quite young. If she would have had access to a firearm the shooter would not have shot her or more than he already had when he shot her. She gets very angry when someone wants to take away her right to defend herself or her family.
    The shooter had been discharged from the military because he was unstable & unable to adapt to military life. He had been booted out about a year before this shooting but a senator at the urging of his parents had him reassigned. The military followed protocol & this carnage would have been prevented if this politician had let the military do it's job.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.