TForce | Shiny Wheel Truck Pulling UPSF Freight?

stldude44

TB Veteran
Credits
Friday afternoon I saw a shiny wheel truck pulling loaded UPSF doubles eastbound on I-44 in Missouri. With some of you guys saying it's slow, what's up with that?

shiny wheel trucks

I saw an eastbound West Texas Express truck pulling doubles on I-80 in Wyoming last Wednesday morning and then later that same day saw a Peterbilt(company unknown) leaving the Pilot in Wendover Nv. pulling a set as well. If I get to my destination and have to wait for freight there will be a few phones ringing in Richmond.:ranting:

Your concerned about owner operators taking work?

How about all the Yellow,Roadway,and UPS pups that are going on the rails?

Sometimes when I'm waiting at a rail crossing for it seems like a mile long train to pass,I'm amazed at all the LTL trailers I see attached to the flat cars.

Theres a lot of Teamster road jobs being replaced by the choo, choo train.

How were they "replaced"
We have contract language to protect against that.
Now, with the on-time network, more has came off the rail and has created more jobs in feeder than ever before.
Obviously you just wanna make snide lil' remarks without getting the facts.

stldude44 said:
Friday afternoon I saw a shiny wheel truck pulling loaded UPSF doubles eastbound on I-44 in Missouri. With some of you guys saying it's slow, what's up with that?
Dude that was probabley an owner op. But they use purchase power as well so its hard to tell. Without a cotract to keep them in check they will continue this practice as they always have without regard to there faithful employees sitting at home.

Tell you what..

the next time I have to wait at a rail crossing for a long train,I'll count all the LTL company trailers I see sitting on the flat cars.
Than I'll get back to you at a later date.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy,its just that your worried about owner operators hooked to single trailers,when theres mega LTL trailers going by trains.

Dallas Dog said:
Dude that was probabley an owner op. But they use purchase power as well so its hard to tell. Without a cotract to keep them in check they will continue this practice as they always have without regard to there faithful employees sitting at home.
Dude if your sitting at home you need to get off your a**, so quit complaining cause everybody here in Dallas is getting there miles, you must be new here in Dallas with that pro union attitude you got, if you wanted a union job you should of gone to a union company, DA :ranting2:

Apostolic said:
the next time I have to wait at a rail crossing for a long train,I'll count all the LTL company trailers I see sitting on the flat cars.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy,its just that your worried about owner operators hooked to single trailers,when theres mega LTL trailers going by trains.
What about purchase power going west out of Dallas pulling sets. And it all starts with a single trailer.And we dont use our tralers to ship by train we use rails so you woudnt know how many of them held UPS frieght.

Apostolic said:

NMFA allows for a certain percentage of trailer to be railed. Railed trailer can not replace driving jobs. In actuality the presence of railed LTL trailer suggest an increase in business of the LTL's and the fact that there is a driver shortage may increase that also.

ABF, Roadway, NewPenn are all screaming for help in the New England area. UPS is putting trailer drivers on like they have never done so.
More and more UPS Trailers are coming off the rail which could also suggest the railroads are giving cheaper ratres to the LTL's to compensate.

Apo, I'm surprised that you sit at those rail crossing, with all the pressure you're under from your TM I'm surprised you just don't run the lights and crash the gates.

Take Krash's advice

bigdaddy said:
Dude if your sitting at home you need to get off your a**, so quit complaining cause everybody here in Dallas is getting there miles, you must be new here in Dallas with that pro union attitude you got, if you wanted a union job you should of gone to a union company, DA :ranting2:
First of all you dont know anything about me or how long ive been anywhere an when I typed dude I was addressing the man that ask the quistion STL Dude and I know several people in Dallas that havnt been getting thier miles and finally I dont apprciate the insinuated name calling whats the matter you scared of the big bad teamsters.

Say What?

I'm a UPS Freight P&D driver,I think I know the UPS brand when I see it on the sides of trailers,lots,and lots of trailers riding on trains.
Also I see Yellow,and Roadway trailers on the same trains.
Now I'm really not trying to get your dander up Dallas Dog but to my way of thinking all those trailers riding on those long freight trains represent a lot of lost road driving jobs.
Maybe you have more work than you can handle but theres road drivers somewhere that would be glad to haul the trailers that are going by rails now.

:hissyfit: :ranting2:
bigdaddy said:
And further more you are working for a union company now you just dont know it yet so who will be changing jobs I guess you will right because surely you woudnt work for A union company RIGHT oh dont let me forget my little cartoon

Apostolic said:
I'm a UPS Freight P&D driver,I think I know the UPS brand when I see it on the sides of trailers,lots,and lots of trailers riding on trains.
Now I'm really not trying to get your dander up Dallas Dog but to my way of thinking all those trailers riding on those long freight trains represent a lot of lost road driving jobs.
Maybe you have more work than you can handle but theres road drivers somewhere that would be glad to haul the trailers that are going by rails now.

APO you have no idea waht youare talking about when it come to the rail.....leave it alone

Apostolic said:
Apo,
Get ahold of a MNFA Contract and read Article 29.3, it will clear up all of your questions. It's 12 year old news, but you being at O you wouldn't have known this info. When it was introduced, the bottom 10% of the road employees at any terminal were the only ones who could be negatively affected, but if any of them didn't earn $750.00 per week (back then) they could file and get the difference between what they made and the $750.00 guarantee no questions asked.....all they had to be was available. Also, in 2003 the permissible rail volume was reduced from 28% to 26% and all of the big LTL's who use the rail aren't very happy with their service, so I suspect that the real percentage is well under the cap. So when you see a train that is full of the big LTL players trailers, it might look like alot but in reality it's a drop in the bucket when you consider their huge national fleets.

Thanks for the heads up on the rail deal stldude44

Like I've posted to T251 I've been out of the Teamsters union so long I really haven't got a clue to whats in the contract anymore?

I saw a long train at a crossing with a lot of union LTL pups on it,and I was taken back by what I thought to be the lose of many road jobs.

bigdaddy said:
Wow spread the love.....I thought we live in a free country?????? I guess the don't apply if you live in Texas.....