TForce | Shiny Wheel Truck Pulling UPSF Freight?

The last figure I got was 28% of NMFA company freight could go by rail. But like 251 said, as long as it doesn,t cause drivers to sit. The highest percentage of then OVNT freight to go rail was 14%. And it's way down since then. Have a great weekend.

Hey I was surfin my local papers classified ad section this morning when I ran across an ad for O/O for UPS FRT truck load. Is this something they are trying??It also said 75% of customers in southeast US.

fr8rookie said:
Hey I was surfin my local papers classified ad section this morning when I ran across an ad for O/O for UPS FRT truck load. Is this something they are trying??It also said 75% of customers in southeast US.

OVNT/UPSF has been doing this for close to two years now.

bigdaddy said:
Dude if your sitting at home you need to get off your a**, so quit complaining cause everybody here in Dallas is getting there miles, you must be new here in Dallas with that pro union attitude you got, if you wanted a union job you should of gone to a union company, DA :ranting2:

I agree with you 100% bigdaddy. :Sign-Cow:

This past week on I-66 east bound there was a shinny wheels driver pulling a UPSF van that had a lift-gate.

gater said:
This past week on I-66 east bound there was a shinny wheels driver pulling a UPSF van that had a lift-gate.
I thought it might of been skeeterhawk that said that there was 700+ new UPSF vans with lift gates coming.

big diddy seems a little angry....Is it him or us union supporters that need to look for a new job? This one seems to be getting under his skin and he takes it out on here. I think he needs a job with less stress and a place where it all goes his way?

You can tell when a driver is tired of it, and wants to find a different way to make a living. Always grumpy, EVERYBODY else is a horrible driver and is out to run him off the road, any and all problems such as breakdowns , road closures ect are directed at him personally.

when the work is gone and it is, just keeping waiting for the big fix to come and when you are sitting home, I a union driver am still working and getting paid a lot of wait time...dream on driver...the unrepresented will be the first to go.......O will take care of you...ha ha ha
wake up driver and smell the brown stuff.

webidiot said:
when the work is gone and it is, just keeping waiting for the big fix to come and when you are sitting home, I a union driver am still working and getting paid a lot of wait time...dream on driver...the unrepresented will be the first to go.......O will take care of you...ha ha ha
wake up driver and smell the brown stuff.

I would rather let O take care of me than smell the brown stuff.....:horse: :horse:

Accelerator said:
I would rather let O take care of me than smell the brown stuff.....:horse: :horse:
Thats gross!!!!! Brown STUFF don't smell very good. But it is the green lining that is what counts....Right????(money for those that don't understand my sense of humor)

greezy trucker said:
Thats gross!!!!! Brown STUFF don't smell very good. But it is the green lining that is what counts....Right????(money for those that don't understand my sense of humor)

Why yes ,what was I thinking.:bananalama: :bananalama:

Apostolic said:
the next time I have to wait at a rail crossing for a long train,I'll count all the LTL company trailers I see sitting on the flat cars.
Than I'll get back to you at a later date.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy,its just that your worried about owner operators hooked to single trailers,when theres mega LTL trailers going by trains.

Point well taken AP.:smillie_flag:

greezy trucker said:
Yea, yea. But the question is why is it being done by people that are not even qulified to do the job they are needed to do? Non of us would work here if we did not have haz-mat doubles triples and such,right? So why are they letting out side carriers do it?

I can understand doing it in a peak time situation but we are pulling empties and paying someone else to haul the freight....

Point being I feel that is our job to move the freight and it all belongs to us....And if there is more than we can handle then do what you need to do.....2 pennies and a dime

That's alright it's going to bite them in the end. I was watching a couple come into our yard and had to take out a set. I had to help them before they tore something up...

clutchcargo said:
Last night in Louisville I watched an owner operator hook up a set of doubles and take off with them.
I checked with dispatch and was told both the ltl loads were loaded in Louisville and being sent to Memphis to be broke.
Thats only a 391 mile dispatch.
Why can't we pull our own freight?

I can understand team runs because that is hard to find drivers to fill them. But not our single man runs.:ranting2: