FedEx Freight | Shipping Rates to Increase

Maybe we will have our raises in april from now on. Over past years they have pushed it to october. Maybe they will give it to us early again. Never know

Maybe we will have our raises in april from now on. Over past years they have pushed it to october. Maybe they will give it to us early again. Never know
Or perhaps something better... The early raise was due to Trump Tax Cuts, the effects of which are NOT a one time thing. They apply EVERY year.

Maybe the new (and as of yet, SUPER SECRET) bonus will factor in the above fact. It is certainly a valid topic, worth bringing up at every opportunity.

A little bit more on the topic...

FedEx to Raise Prices in Response to Surging Freight Demand, Tight Capacity

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/fedex-raise-prices-response-surging-freight-demand-tight-capacity

"FedEx Corp. will boost most prices by an average of 4.9% starting in January, more than double the expected rate of U.S. inflation next year, as freight demand surges.

Freight rates will rise 5.9%, higher than the company’s other businesses as a trucker shortage and strong U.S. industrial growth create a tight shipping market for large cargo. FedEx Express prices will increase 4.9% as will rates for home delivery and ground transportation, the shipper said in a statement Nov. 5."

Sounds like higher cost (WAGES), perhaps... Maybe they want to DOMINATE the market for drivers. That is the ticket for growth. We can only hope...

Of note is the last 4 increases were 4.9% so they went up a full point on freight while leaving the package side the same.

I wouldnt rule out an early raise. Hard to hire truck drivers. They know this. Two hubs near me are struggling to hire and are paying sign on bonuses. Mix that with potential freight volume increases and they may give us another raise early to compete. You never know.

I wouldnt rule out an early raise. Hard to hire truck drivers. They know this. Two hubs near me are struggling to hire and are paying sign on bonuses. Mix that with potential freight volume increases and they may give us another raise early to compete. You never know.

I wouldn't count on it, but like you say you never know.

Or perhaps something better... The early raise was due to Trump Tax Cuts, the effects of which are NOT a one time thing. They apply EVERY year.

Maybe the new (and as of yet, SUPER SECRET) bonus will factor in the above fact. It is certainly a valid topic, worth bringing up at every opportunity.

Will we even see anything from the money they will save on taxes next year that is the question.

Will we even see anything from the money they will save on taxes next year that is the question.
Excellent question that more people should be asking.

It would be a perfect opportunity to do an honest review of, and correction of, the GPD (payscale) matter. A rare chance to do so relatively painlessly.

Last edited:
would be nice, but highly doubt it

A little bit more on the topic...

FedEx to Raise Prices in Response to Surging Freight Demand, Tight Capacity

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/fedex-raise-prices-response-surging-freight-demand-tight-capacity

"FedEx Corp. will boost most prices by an average of 4.9% starting in January, more than double the expected rate of U.S. inflation next year, as freight demand surges.

Freight rates will rise 5.9%, higher than the company’s other businesses as a trucker shortage and strong U.S. industrial growth create a tight shipping market for large cargo. FedEx Express prices will increase 4.9% as will rates for home delivery and ground transportation, the shipper said in a statement Nov. 5."

Sounds like higher cost (WAGES), perhaps... Maybe they want to DOMINATE the market for drivers. That is the ticket for growth. We can only hope...
I see a lot of these “drivers” looking for an LTL job.
2jefnHz.jpg