FedEx Freight | Short Term Disabilty

It's the small things you listed that get overlooked. Recall rights is a big one. At FedEx and the other nons you pay for insurance while out, and cost of coverage adds up quick.

Also, you're forced to come back to work within six months whether fully healed or not in order to keep your job. I've never experienced it, but I can imagine the stress of being up against the clock while trying to properly heal yourself too.

With an aging workforce I suspect these things will come into play more often forcing individuals to reconsider the rules they work under.

As far as FedEx and CBA's they're notorious at Union busting, e.g. fighting to keep the loophole with Express and exploiting employees keeping them under the Railway Labor act.

You get 18 months before you lose your seniority. When you do come back there has to be a opening in your job class. If not and you keep in touch with SCM he will put you on the dock until he opens a slot for you. It is very rare that someone comes back after 18 months. As for paying for insurance, you pay for cobra or you can pay for Medicare from SS. Cobra is about $270 more a month than Medicare. I choose to pay for Cobra because I know FedEx insurance pays for all my treatments but not to sure about Medicare.

Can anyone answer some Questions? When does Short Term Disability Begin ? Does it Start when the Company and or A Doctor won/t let you work because of Medical Reasons ? Do you have to Use all of your Personal time before your Short Term Disability begins? Can you use Vacation, and or personal Time to Cover expenses coming out of your Check ,without this time being used ,to interfere with the Time Short term Disability Time being interfered with? Thanks